The Grilled Cheese

Fine!! You guys don't like tomato "soup"

I still love it and I have derailed this thread far enough. Back to the ooey gooey goodness that is the grilled cheese sandwhich.

Working from home due to (yet another) snowstorm here in Massachusetts, so made a turkey melt for lunch. Unfortunately, no soup in the house, otherwise it would have been a perfect lunch.

Just saw this on Shark Tank

In honor of this thread I made myself one for lunch. Sourdough grilled with garlic butter and Parmesan on top. Cheddar, swiss, and Dijon mustard on the inside. (Well, in my head that's what it was, in reality it was just two pieces of white bread with a craft single in the middle stuck in the microwave)

I love a grilled cheese sammich! My family and I used to go to Steak N Shake, and I would order a custom grilled cheese sandwich with bacon in it. It was never on the menu, always had to get a special order. After a few years, guess what was on the menu. I still claim I'm the reason it's on there :D

Tomato soup is actually nasty and hardly even soup.

Discuss.
Concur. Plain regular grilled cheese is actually decent dipped in chicken noodle soup though. The good soup, that is actually soup.

There's a place in Lincoln that has some great ones!
http://jackandjune.com/menu/
GRILLED CHEESE
SANDWICHES
Served with one side.
THE AFTER SCHOOL
An American classic.
/ 8
THE CONDUCTOR
Mozzarella, cream cheese, pepperoni.
/ 9
THE WHISTLER
Provolone, tomato, avocado, bac
on.
/ 10
THE FRENCH ONION
Carameliz
ed onions, gruyere, au jus.
/ 10

I like to have mine with a little salsa on the side. Tomato soup you guys need your own planet the worst are the ones who dunk it.

I almost forgot about my second favorite food truck here in Providence http://www.fancheezical.com/ Their menu rotates, the newest creation I'm getting tomorrow is the #19: Prosciutto, Arugula, Apricot spread and Cheddar. The bay of pigs is back too: Bacon, Ham, Pulled Pork, Cheddar Cheese and Cuban sauce... yum!

I love a good grilled cheese sandwich with a big bowl of chili...not exactly food for the golf course though

I love a good grilled cheese sandwich with a big bowl of chili...not exactly food for the golf course though

It depends, the THP Indianapolis Event sounds like a good place to try it out. :D

It depends, the THP Indianapolis Event sounds like a good place to try it out. :D

At this point, I am hoping all of the snow has melted by the time the event gets here. Although, it is in the upper 40s today. Might as well be 100 for as cold as it has been lately.

we only ever have them with tomato soup, like most normal people.
i've never, ever felt the need to eat a grilled cheese in any other context.

however....i usually don't eat just a normal grilled cheese. i'll throw 2 or 3 kinds of cheese on there, garlic powder, and sometimes cook in like salad toppins or something.
now, i've never gone too extreme...but there's no reason for me not to. just never really have a lot of stuff on hand.

White bread, 2 slices of mild cheddar, one slice of pepper jack.

Enjoy.

We have a food truck here in Jax called "The Happy Grilled Cheese". Great stuff. Lots of variations on the classic. Sometimes they do a special that is a GC stuffed with spaghetti. My favorite is a GC with bacon and avocado. They are a lot of fun.

Tomato soup is actually nasty and hardly even soup.

Discuss.
Kind of late on this, but I agree here 100%. I love grilled cheese sandwiches, but would much prefer to add a few slices of tomato to the middle than that red slop....

Just give me a normal grilled cheese with Italian bread and bacon with a side of tomato soup and french fries and I am a happy camper.

GG made homemade cheddar and rosemary bread and this is a near perfect grilled cheese.

u7e9ajyh.jpg

GG made homemade cheddar and rosemary bread and this is a near perfect grilled cheese.

u7e9ajyh.jpg
Excellent bread choice!

My two favorite places for grilled cheese are Ched's in Denver (which I think is closed now) and from Louies in Buffalo which I always get the grilled cheese with bacon. Sooo good!

May have talked the Mrs into heading up to Melt this weekend...hope she doesnt change her mind

I don't think I would do the doughnut grilled cheese. That doesn't seem like a good combo.

Sweet and savory can be good (like an egg sandwich on cinnamon raisin bread). But, the doughnut grilled cheese doesn't seem to be a good one.

May have talked the Mrs into heading up to Melt this weekend...hope she doesnt change her mind

You should try the giant sandwich challenge there. Because you're a winner, and that's what winners would do.

Back