Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is due in March with our 4th, we found out it is a boy. It has been requested that I "get fixed" haha. I suppose, we have 2 of each gender time to go out of commission. Jokes aside, we are pretty excited! Our children are ages 6,4 and 1...keeps us busy but it sure is fun!

If he is born on March 4th, what are you going to name him Mike or CJ?....lol

Congrats buddy!

So I didn't listen to my doctor and played golf again last Saturday......happiest I've been in 2 weeks. I ended up talking to my cousin who's a sports physio and he said it could be anything from the iditis to a ligament tear. Also said that if I wanted to keep playing and minimize the pain to use KT tape on it. So he showed me how to tape it up and I took about 10 swings with no pain. A couple of days later I taped it up again and hit about 40 balls in the garage with only slight discomfort. So, Saturday I got up, saw the weather was going to give us the last 80 degree saturday for a while and said the hell with it and went and played 18 with my friend. Shot 88, but more importantly had fun doing what I love. The wrist didn't bother me at all. The 12 pack of miller lite probably had something to do with that as well.

Wrist felt fine that night and was just a little sore on Sunday. So I decided that I'll play a couple of more times this season, reduce my practice time to 80 balls a week. Had my MRI yesterday and we'll see what the doc says on Tuesday. If they say something's going to need surgery I'm just going to do it right away so I can be 100% when spring comes around.

Not the happiest of happy, but definitely better than where I was two weeks ago.

My HHJJ right here
1bcc28c269df0b70014a904eba013dd0.jpg

That's fantastic my friend.

Love it Mike. Nothing makes a man feel richer than a beautiful family

So I didn't listen to my doctor and played golf again last Saturday......happiest I've been in 2 weeks. I ended up talking to my cousin who's a sports physio and he said it could be anything from the iditis to a ligament tear. Also said that if I wanted to keep playing and minimize the pain to use KT tape on it. So he showed me how to tape it up and I took about 10 swings with no pain. A couple of days later I taped it up again and hit about 40 balls in the garage with only slight discomfort. So, Saturday I got up, saw the weather was going to give us the last 80 degree saturday for a while and said the hell with it and went and played 18 with my friend. Shot 88, but more importantly had fun doing what I love. The wrist didn't bother me at all. The 12 pack of miller lite probably had something to do with that as well.

Wrist felt fine that night and was just a little sore on Sunday. So I decided that I'll play a couple of more times this season, reduce my practice time to 80 balls a week. Had my MRI yesterday and we'll see what the doc says on Tuesday. If they say something's going to need surgery I'm just going to do it right away so I can be 100% when spring comes around.

Not the happiest of happy, but definitely better than where I was two weeks ago.
When the bug bites you have to golf. I played through my hip and enjoyed 90% of my rounds. I hope it's nothing but mild sprain and just needs rest.

When the bug bites you have to golf. I played through my hip and enjoyed 90% of my rounds. I hope it's nothing but mild sprain and just needs rest.

Yup! Did the same thing with my back both times. Played right up until they cut me open and then was back playing again as soon as they said "wedges only".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still can't believe I got to spend time with some of my best friends these last couple of days. Miss em already.

So I come home to this....
b17f88b9658f54b0fbb492081207994e.jpg
. After a 14 hour travel day that made my day and is the sweetest thing someone has ever done. My gf cleaned the apartment, got the mail,watered the plants and bought my favorite desert. What a keeper! I am smiling ear to ear right now. Here's the rest of the treasure trail
480100c2e1ac4d9b0ee7287ab32cb9af.jpg
78c8bfe402edd1b37e6addab792a63a3.jpg
. That made my day ,I feel so happy now.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This might be a weird place to post this, but yesterday my wife was diagnosed with degeneration of the lumbar invertebrate disc. For us, this is definitely a happy because she's been suffering from hip pain for 10+ years. Her doc kept shrugging it off, saying it was because she was on her feet all day as a teacher. She started with a chiro and saw her for 4 years with only minimal relief, so she recently changed chiropractors. The new one saw her twice and told her that if nothing she was doing was helping, she needed to go see an ortho ASAP.

After fighting about it with her GP, she finally had the appointment yesterday and all the MRIs, tests, x-rays, etc. and got the diagnosis. She was absolutely over the moon last night finally knowing what's been going on. I'm thrilled for her, it's been tough watching her slowly get less and less active due to the constant pain; there have been more than a few times I've had to help her get up due to the pain, and that's just not good for someone who's *mumble mumble* years old (sorry, laws of marriage won't allow me to give her real age). So they'll treat it orally at first with meds, then a few cortisone shots and they think that'll take care of 95% of things and surgery won't be necessary. I'm just so happy that she knows what it is and how to treat it, and she won't be in constant pain & discomfort anymore.

Russ, makes perfect sense to put it here imo. Happy you two have some answers now, the weight taken off by at least knowing is a definite happy.

That's great news Russ! Having had more than my share of back pain I know how important an accurate diagnosis is. Hoping for the continued best for her!

Its 46 degrees out right now. My car pulled so hard going down the on ramp this morning that I still have a smile on my face. If it could just stay in the 45-60 degree range for a few months (not going to happen) I will be so happy and in so much trouble.

I've made it!
The guy I am covering for has gotten the OK to come back to work!

Next Thursday!
I love Northern Michigan, but it will be good to be home.

This makes me happy. I don't know her, but it made me smile to see her so happy.

Guns, pets passing, or old bones friendship and love helps like you wouldn't believe.

a8cc5d12593028861c175b6636b68a70.jpg

My GBB driver and new Adams hybrid both get in tomorrow! First time ever buying a brand new driver (first driver I've found actually worth the $$$), so I'm pretty pumped.

My GBB driver and new Adams hybrid both get in tomorrow! First time ever buying a brand new driver (first driver I've found actually worth the $$$), so I'm pretty pumped.

I'm jealous dude. Your gonna be so automatic with it

So pretty, even in plastic.

b810be506127a420026f3cc9a567188c.jpg

Just got this from my doctor!
849fadf69f8dc034248bb7014a3b95b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICE dude!!!! Means a return to golf for you, while exercising caution of course!

Great news Adam...so happy for you that it is not something more serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back