The King - Extra Rounds and Travel Thread

Let Kang have his fun.

Really, you probably shouldn't since #TeamChad is going to be having all the fun come coronation time.

In all seriousness, I can't believe that this is less than 2 months away. Really looking forward to having a great time with everyone from both teams.

Fupresti - I'm about 95% of the way to convincing myself to pull the trigger on XR Pros with the Tour V shafts. Are you liking yours so far?

Really, you probably shouldn't since #TeamChad is going to be having all the fun come coronation time.

In all seriousness, I can't believe that this is less than 2 months away. Really looking forward to having a great time with everyone from both teams.

Fupresti - I'm about 95% of the way to convincing myself to pull the trigger on XR Pros with the Tour V shafts. Are you liking yours so far?

Terrible really. Worst set of irons I have owned in a long time. I would suggest checking eBay for a set of Cleveland VAS irons as those are the irons I feel will help win.

Let Kang have his fun. It'll be rough on him being on the second place team again in less then 12 months.
Ouch. Had to go to a sore spot...

Terrible really. Worst set of irons I have owned in a long time. I would suggest checking eBay for a set of Cleveland VAS irons as those are the irons I feel will help win.

Or maybe some 1988ish Hogan blades? Now I'm about 99% convinced.

Or maybe some 1988ish Hogan blades? Now I'm about 99% convinced.
Hogan blades would be nice! I've got a beautiful set of Precept Tour Premiums with S400's that you can play with :)

Alright so let's wait to hear if mikedean can finagle us a deal to play LaCosta and pull the trigger....hopefully all of us can jump in on that. I'm going to play it lefty first time for kicks.

Working on it got a price on extra nights stays just waiting on golf and I'll toss it all out there

Working on it got a price on extra nights stays just waiting on golf and I'll toss it all out there
Thanks, mike. Even working on your birthday, that's going the extra mile.

Alright. Good news and bad news. Looks like I can get a foursome for Aviara on Friday but it's going to be an early tee time. Probably about 7am. Cost would be about $95 each. Anyone interested?

Alright. Good news and bad news. Looks like I can get a foursome for Aviara on Friday but it's going to be an early tee time. Probably about 7am. Cost would be about $95 each. Anyone interested?

Maybe that's good news and more good news. 7am at Aviara and then 11 am over at La Costa seems like a good way to kick off the weekend. I would consider an early morning at Aviara, but I liked to see what Mike's working on first and the rest of the schedule for Friday. Here's a thought, would that deal be available Monday morning?

Maybe that's good news and more good news. 7am at Aviara and then 11 am over at La Costa seems like a good way to kick off the weekend. I would consider an early morning at Aviara, but I liked to see what Mike's working on first and the rest of the schedule for Friday. Here's a thought, would that deal be available Monday morning?
Agree, I want to see what Mike has to say before committing anywhere else. Would be very interested for a Monday AM round at Aviara.

Depending on what happens with LaCosta, I might be open to playing Friday morning. I will probably drive down on Thursday Night.

ok here we go:

Golf after 12pm on Friday is $110, you can book directly with the pro shop and just reference you are apart of the Hackers Paradise group with Callaway Golf.

The extra nights room cost are $189 a night plus $10 resort charge and taxes. If you want to utilize that, please send me a PM (once you have a roommate if you desire) and I will contact the resort.

thanks

ok here we go:

Golf after 12pm on Friday is $110, you can book directly with the pro shop and just reference you are apart of the Hackers Paradise group with Callaway Golf.

The extra nights room cost are $189 a night plus $10 resort charge and taxes. If you want to utilize that, please send me a PM (once you have a roommate if you desire) and I will contact the resort.

thanks
That's a solid discount, thanks md411!!

Now what we'll need to wait to find out about is what time the festivities start Friday evening.

That's a solid discount, thanks md411!!

Now what we'll need to wait to find out about is what time the festivities start Friday evening.
My thoughts as well. Thanks for the info, 441.

Working on that now, but I believe its about 7pm for dinner. However we are going to do a little meet and greet before hand to meet your captains, etc probably around 5:30pm.

Working on that now, but I believe its about 7pm for dinner. However we are going to do a little meet and greet before hand to meet your captains, etc probably around 5:30pm.
Thanks for the info. Seeing how we're all right on the resort propery I'd think that we teed off right at noon that should give us enough time to get a round in and shower before that meeting. We don't be able to dilly dally around out though boys!!

Callaway HQ Tour?

Thanks for the info. Seeing how we're all right on the resort propery I'd think that we teed off right at noon that should give us enough time to get a round in and shower before that meeting. We don't be able to dilly dally around out though boys!!

I would assume so, but THPers are not the fastest bunch on the course. Plus the resort is massive, so it can take 10-15 to get to your room. I would shoot for 11 or 11:30

Callaway HQ Tour?

No sir. This is off property event and La Costa is quite scenic.

Agree, we should probably grab the first few tee times at noon relatively quickly if that's what we're going to do. I think this is what's been discussed.

Balboa, around 11 am, $60.
La Costa noon, $110
Avaira, 7 am, $95
Torrey Pines, around 11am NC$150, SC $250

Is that it?

I think a round at la costa, teeing off at noon and playing some type of format we may face (shambles, modified Pinehurst, alt shot) we would finish in great time. Enough to shower before meeting?

I think a round at la costa, teeing off at noon and playing some type of format we may face (shambles, modified Pinehurst, alt shot) we would finish in great time. Enough to shower before meeting?
I tend to agree, but we do run the risk of having to ditch with a hole or 2 left if we're slow. Meeting captains is more important and we can't show up late!!

I'd have to think you guys could get done way before the 5 hour mark with those formats. Worse case u bounce a hole or 2 early but I gotta think playing on site where the event is being played would have some benefit

If I am playing La Costa on Friday I just want to play the full 18 on my ball to be honest.

If I am playing La Costa on Friday I just want to play the full 18 on my ball to be honest.
I would love to as well but gotta work with time frame and available tee time. I wouldn't even mind teeing off earlier but the discount would influence a lot of people to go after noon. Either that or they will play else where

Back