The Match II: Tiger Woods & Peyton Manning vs Phil Mickelson & Tom Brady

Who will the next match be with? Pick your crew...

It took almost 90 minutes from the start of the telecast to their teeing off on #1. I watched the first 2 holes, the last hole, and a few shots in between.
What intrigued me was how fast their golf carts appeared to go! At my course they limit the speed to a turtle's pace!

Peyton would be fun to play with. Phil would be too. It is funny to me to have that guy who just cant say it in a sentence. Not sure about just having a fun round with th other two.

Drew Brees and Sergio Garcia issued a challenge that they would play the winners. That seems like an odd pairing, and as much as I like Drew Brees I doubt Tiger would go for another one of these.

Peyton would be fun to play with. Phil would be too. It is funny to me to have that guy who just cant say it in a sentence. Not sure about just having a fun round with th other two.
Peyton and Phil would definitely be my top two out of that group, but it would be hard to choose between them. I'd probably go with Peyton just because Phil would want to bet more money than my entire net worth on every hole - but it sure would be fun to have him dropping knowledge bombs all day around the greens.

Couple of misc. takeaways for me:

Phil is a heck of a teacher. Talking through shots and offering tips, I would kill to play with him.
Tiger looked dialed. He's also on the quiet side. That's fine. His golf skills do the entertainment.
I enjoyed the low key competition more than I expected. Manning and Brady were fun.
JT has epic announcing talent.
Barkley is annoyingly kind of fun. I love when he asks "joe six pack" types of golf questions.
Those greens were fast given the amount of water they just received!
Rain does not make for the most viewable TV round of golf.

I want them to.bring back the boys of summer together... Who was it Jordan, rickie, JT, Smylie

MJ was always good at loading the team in his favor. Except as a team owner here in Charlotte.

I want them to.bring back the boys of summer together... Who was it Jordan, rickie, JT, Smylie

Would Jordan or Smylie be the Brady of this foursome? 🤣

For pure entertainment value - Kevin Kisner/Tony Romo vs. Max Homa/Larry Fitzgerald. Imagine the smack being laid down between Kiz and Homa, and they could have Homa roast everybody else's swings. :ROFLMAO: I don't know that Fitz is into trash talk, but he's a great guy and a pretty decent golfer.

Last edited:
I'll admit that I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought that I would. It was kind of what I expected: Tiger and Peyton were entaintain and Phil and Brady would a bit full of themselves. Its kind of funny how Brady didnt say a word until he holed out from the fairway and they he ran his mouth. Anyone can run their mouth when theyre winning, Tom.
Chuck on color commentary was great and all in all it was a fun event.

so I just watched...it was a lot of fun. Weather definitely sucked and they should have started an hour earlier so they weren't rushing at the end.

My take away from this was: Phil is perfect for this. He loves to talk and joked around. Tiger just always seems too stiff. And peyton was great. Next year Phil and peyton vs brooks kepka...just kidding....vs rory and marky mark. I hear he plays a lot and is pretty good.

Not surprising.
You get every golf fan with Tiger and Phil.
You get fringe fans with Tiger.

Then you add NFL and sports fans with Manning and Brady.

If they include Jordan in next year’s with Curry, it might be bigger.

Woods/Keopka vs Mickelson/DeChambeau

I'm at about hole 8 of the recording. good stuff. I like the ams and chuck on the mike. would have been much better if weather was decent.

I feel the rain added a certain element to the broadcast

Woods/Keopka vs Mickelson/DeChambeau
Don't think it would work the way it did yesterday.

First off, you have to have Tiger and Phil. It all starts with them. Won't work the same if it's Tiger and Rory or Tiger or Brooks or Phil and *insert PGA pro name*. Not the same for many reasons. Has to be Tiger and Phil. Second, was brilliant getting 2 star players from another league who were just good enough to gawf their balls around the course. They hit some bads shots. They hit some fantastic shots. It was great to see both Brady and Manning go through the ups and downs while Phil and Tiger were the steady forces. It worked fanatically on the alt. shot back 9. I was glued in on every single Brady/Manning shot, thinking about the strategy if they could just hit the fairway or get it on the greens for Tiger/Phil to take over. With 4 pros doing alt. shot, it just wouldn't have had the same impact on me.

Phil tried to help Brady a little too much. Everyone has that one friend.

not being a Phil fan, he came off like a pain in the arse. Sure give some advice to help a guy that is tanking but we have all been there and some putz telling you how to do everything constantly is just annoying.
If I need to know how to do something correctly I ask my wife;)

not being a Phil fan, he came off like a pain in the arse. Sure give some advice to help a guy that is tanking but we have all been there and some putz telling you how to do everything constantly is just annoying.
If I need to know how to do something correctly I ask my wife;)
To be fair, if Phil hadn't done the talking that he did, there would have been about 2 hours of silence to fill.

Back