The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can't really argue with JB's assessment. I'm probably going to be the worst trash talker here (other than P4B of course :act-up:).

no worries AD, I'm not a good trast talker either. But when it comes to stats, specifically on the Euro tour, that's where I shine :alien:

haha...this is getting good.

Ddec is gonna bring the polagorym theory into this.

I think P4B and I will have a Tiger love-fest at the Morgan Cup. JB and Esox are not invited.

I think I just threw up in my mouth. The thought of you two in Windermere is scary.

Yeah, I can't really argue with JB's assessment. I'm probably going to be the worst trash talker here (other than P4B of course :act-up:).

Yeah P4B is pretty bad.

Never heard that one big golf bag counts as two. How big is your golf bag? I've always taken my golf bag and a suitcase and it only counted as two. As long as your golf bag is less than 50 pounds you should be good. Unless they've changed their bag rules recently.

on southwests website - when i was booking for the outing i read that- maybe im forgetting the 50 lbs weight limit? i have the big CLUB glove last bag - and its pretty large - Ill find out in may i guess!

Ddec is gonna bring the polagorym theory into this.

I can only pretend to know what that is. But worry not my friend, I will find stats on everyone involved.

I think P4B and I will have a Tiger love-fest at the Morgan Cup. JB and Esox are not invited.

have you seen P4B? that could be a nasty love fest. he is a big fella

I can only pretend to know what that is. But worry not my friend, I will find stats on everyone involved.

haha, bro, I kind of made that up just to see if I got corrected, glad I didnt.

Listen supper boy. "Want some of this?" Can you really say that? How did your two days of golf fare here? I believe you went back to the North Pole with your tail between your legs. Or at least that is what you told others as it was more likely really just looking that way because you drove by Isleworth leaving our home. We had to boil our furniture because you just knowing he was sleeping less than 5 miles away had us a little "nervous".
It wont be January next time bud. My snowblower had seen more action than my golf clubs last time around. Prior to us playing. But you're right....I can't talk much to you...but I guess since you aren't playing I can talk all I want in this thread.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I want Esox....I hate how much he bashes Tiger. There I said it. You and me Tiger Hater...lets go!

I can see it's working. If the stars align, baldy, you'll see what a crafty old fat left handed man brings to the course.

Just to let all you young booger eaters know how seriously I'm taking this, I'll tell you what I just had for dinner. A turkey breast sandwich on whole grain bread. Lettuce, tomato, lite mayo. No BUTTER and no CHEESE. And I live in the Dairy state, Cheeseland, USA.

As a side dish, wait for it..........FRUIT. Honey dew and pineapple.

I bet I just lost 5 pounds and my drives just got 5 yards longer. I may be as long as Biggsy by the time I hit FL, and unfortunately for those that face me........I have a wedge game.

Kevin

Never heard that one big golf bag counts as two. How big is your golf bag? I've always taken my golf bag and a suitcase and it only counted as two. As long as your golf bag is less than 50 pounds you should be good. Unless they've changed their bag rules recently.

here is what i was referring to - i had reserached it when i was booking my flight in may:

Sports Equipment

The following items may be checked at no charge (unless a charge is specified), and will count toward the two-piece free baggage allowance for each fare-paying passenger. Overweight and/or oversize charges may apply.

* Golf clubs in a hooded or soft-sided golf bag are conditionally accepted. Golf clubs that are transported in a hard, plastic travel case should be tagged with a regular tag. Golf equipment includes golf clubs, golf balls, and golf shoes, contained in one bag.

http://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/baggage/special-luggage-pol.html#baggage_special_luggage_pol_tab_list_tab_12

hmm re reading it - does that mean it counts as one or two?!? lol im not sure of the wording.

I can see it's working. If the stars align, baldy, you'll see what a crafty old fat left handed man brings to the course.

Just to let all you young booger eaters know how seriously I'm taking this, I'll tell you what I just had for dinner. A turkey breast sandwich on whole grain bread. Lettuce, tomato, lite mayo. No BUTTER and no CHEESE. And I live in the Dairy state, Cheeseland, USA.

I bet I just lost 5 pounds and my drives just got 5 yards longer. I may be as long as Biggsy by the time I hit FL, and unfortunately for those that face me........I have a wedge game.

Kevin
I just gained 5 lbs reading that post...because I had to put my boots on due to how deep the sh-t is getting in here! Booger eater.

oh snap! I am thinking these 2 may just have to go against each other cause this is getting good

CG that might be one of the best/funniest posts I've ever seen on this site. Awesome!

It wont be January next time bud. My snowblower had seen more action than my golf clubs last time around. Prior to us playing. But you're right....I can't talk much to you...but I guess since you aren't playing I can talk all I want in this thread.

I love your excuses. Your adorable. In a feel bad for that guy kind of way.

Kevin

Jokes or not, I am proud of you. I bet this is actually a life changing event for a few. It is for me.

I just gained 5 lbs reading that post...because I had to put my bra on to hide these things! Booger eater.

FIFY

If we get our staff bags prior to the Morgan Cup I may have to ship it down because I don't know if it will fit in my travel bag.

JB do you recommend flying in Thursday over Friday AM?

lol p4b is celebrating too!!! ive never heard him talk like this lol. Ok its kinda hard to talk *!?! before i know the teams. Once we know that look out!

U
I love your excuses. Your adorable. In a feel bad for that guy kind of way.

Jokes or not, I am proud of you. I bet this is actually a life changing event for a few. It is for me.

FIFY
Is that what it comes to? Fat kid jokes? Great originality big guy.

Thanks, Dad. LOL. Seriously, qualifying for this event is definitely going to result in some lifestyle changes for me. I can still play, but weight gain has slowly deteriorated my game, especially driving distance and long iron play.

So losing a few pounds will do the opposite. My wife and daughter are totally on board for some healthier eating. If I was a vegetable or piece of fruit located in the state of WI, I would be very afraid.

Who knows, I may even exercise.

A little.

Kevin

I'm with you Kev... great motivation to drop a few lbs. We'll be glad we did once we're in that August heat and humidity for 36 holes!

I'm with you Kev... great motivation to drop a few lbs. We'll be glad we did once we're in that August heat and humidity for 36 holes!

I agree with you, although I don't expect to play 36. I'm thinking I will go the Luke Donald route and not have to play 18 all weekend.

No doubt, that day is going to be a test. I played 18 holes of stroke play and 9 of match play last August on a brutally hot day. On top of the heat and humidity, the WI mosquitoes were the size of crows. There wasn't much left in the tank at the end, so I know something needs to be done to increase my stamina.

Kevin

of the 16 participants who would be up for staying in a "house" at the resort?

of the 16 participants who would be up for staying in a "house" at the resort?

I would be. I'm hoping to get there Tuesday night but may not make until Wednesday depending on flights and when a tournament my daughter will be playing ends on Tuesday. It will be her first high school event. Her school is also the host of the event. It looks like I can fly out late out of Midway in Chicago. I want to stay at Reunion the days prior so will be looking for the most affordable option there whether it be a room, villa, etc. I hope to play some golf to get a feel for the place and conditions. If that's cool with the organizers of course.

Maybe we need a planning thread?

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back