The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st in 2012 and a conditional 1st in 2013. Not sure what the condition is.

oh. I saw Jay Glazer report the 1st in 2012, and a conditional, but he didn't say what the conditional was.
If that's the deal, great move by the Bengals.

I thought about it but didn't. I wonder why a turd team like the Dolphins, who desperately need a QB, didn't make a play for him?

Everyone talks about the Luck lottery but what if he stays in school?

For some reason the Dolphin's refuse to go after QB's. They have had junk since Marino. Instead they draft people like Ted Ginn Jr. in the 1st round haha.

I thought about it but didn't. I wonder why a turd team like the Dolphins, who desperately need a QB, didn't make a play for him?

Luck has the option of staying in Stanford another year, though he does graduate in the spring so I doubt he would (unless he really doesn't like the options in the draft)

For some reason the Dolphin's refuse to go after QB's. They have had junk since Marino. Instead they draft people like Ted Ginn Jr. in the 1st round haha.

how can you call Jay Fiedler junk hehe

the Raiders have like no draft picks prior to round 5 in the next 2-3 years lol

Wow!

Way too high of a price in my opininion. 2012 1st rounder and a conditional 2013 1st rounder.

the Raiders have like no draft picks prior to round 5 in the next 2-3 years lol

Just Win Baby! I think Al Davis may have called this trade in from the grave

And everyone runs to FF to grab him. Or at least I do haha

He's been on my watch list since the draft. I'm 12th in the waiver so doubt I can pick him up. Then again I was 15th in order and still was able to grab Tebow last week.

The Dolphins make no sense to me. Between their draft picks and their Coaching situation, their front office looks like a bunch of idiots.

Interesting note, Nick Saban and the Dolphins had the choice between Drew Brees and Daunte Culpepper, that decision worked out great for that organization.

The Dolphins make no sense to me. Between their draft picks and their Coaching situation, their front office looks like a bunch of idiots.

Interesting note, Nick Saban and the Dolphins had the choice between Drew Brees and Daunte Culpepper, that decision worked out great for that organization.

Well the first problem was that they had Nick Saban, ugh I can't stand that guy! But you are right they are a total mess and all I can hope is that they get rid of everyone and start fresh because it's like the blind leading the blind over there.

If Carson Palmer plays like we know he can play then I don't see how it's a bad move for the Raiders. They won't have the chance to secure a QB of Palmer's value in the first round next year or the year after.

The interesting note, Nick Saban and the Dolphins had the choice between Drew Brees and Daunte Culpepper, that decision worked out great for that organization.

I thought it was Brees who passed on the Dolphins?

I bet Brees shakes his head and is thankful every time he looks at his Super Bowl ring.

I know this is a skim, but..

I feel like the Bengals got the better of that deal. And aged QB and a QB that has to learn a new offense. But glad to see palmer is back to playing

I think there's no downside to the deal....curious to see what kind of shape he's in though

If Carson Palmer plays like we know he can play then I don't see how it's a bad move for the Raiders. They won't have the chance to secure a QB of Palmer's value in the first round next year or the year after.

throws the ball 40 yds in 1.7 secs....Al would approve

What is Palmer's 40 time?

the fish passed on Brees because that was right after his shoulder injury in SD.....not that DC was a pillar of fitness himself

I still don't think this is a done deal. Everything I am reading and seeing says if/when this happens. There is still some money/contract issues that need to be dealt with.

I don't think it's a bad move by them. It's better than their in house options.
I'd worry about getting a QB who hasn't played, who knows what kind of football shape he is in. Plus he's coming off a season where he threw a bunch of INT's. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

They didnt think he'd be the same player so they went for Culpepper.

I quoted this for your excellent use of the word Turd.

1st in 2012 and a conditional 1st in 2013. Not sure what the condition is.

That is really high. Carson has played like poop and I don't see him playing any less turd like than in Cincy.

They didnt think he'd be the same player so they went for Culpepper.

Saban told him his medical staff didn't think he'd be the same player he was prior to the surgery. So Brees chose the Saints.

Saban told him his medical staff didn't think he'd be the same player he was prior to the surgery. So Brees chose the Saints.

Guess he showed them. Advantage Saints.

I still don't think this is a done deal. Everything I am reading and seeing says if/when this happens. There is still some money/contract issues that need to be dealt with.

If they put Campbell on IR doesn't that free up some cap room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back