The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how he stays in school another year and passes up being the #1 pick again. Sure he could renew his insurance policy he's got on himself but why risk it? I think that's tempting fate too much

I thought about it but didn't. I wonder why a turd team like the Dolphins, who desperately need a QB, didn't make a play for him?

Everyone talks about the Luck lottery but what if he stays in school?

If they put Campbell on IR doesn't that free up some cap room?

Raiders have something like 6 million in cap room so Carson would have to restructure his last year which I think I read was 6.9 million. He has already stated he's willing.

I don't see how he stays in school another year and passes up being the #1 pick again. Sure he could renew his insurance policy he's got on himself but why risk it? I think that's tempting fate too much

you could pull an Elway or Manning and just refuse to play for the Dolphins(if they are number 1 pick)

If they put Campbell on IR doesn't that free up some cap room?

I have no idea, I just saw the ESPN sports writers saying that he has to restructure the last 4 years of his deal in order to get the money to work. I also just read that Palmer is in Oakland now getting a physical and as long as he passes they should have the paperwork done today so it seems at though this is definitely a go. Assuming he passes his physical.

I have no idea, I just saw the ESPN sports writers saying that he has to restructure the last 4 years of his deal in order to get the money to work. I also just read that Palmer is in Oakland now getting a physical and as long as he passes they should have the paperwork done today so it seems at though this is definitely a go. Assuming he passes his physical.

I bet he booked a hotel room in Oakland Sunday night

What a horrible trade. Two first round picks for a QB that hasn't show much lately. I still can't wrap my head around this.

What a horrible trade. Two first round picks for a QB that hasn't show much lately. I still can't wrap my head around this.

I think so too. Way too much to give up.
Palmer when playing well can be an upper level QB. But we haven't seen that from him in the last few years

Palmer when playing well can be an upper level QB. But we haven't seen that from him in the last few years

I agree with both of you. I just hope if this deal does get done that Palmer targets Louis Murphy like crazy. I am talking old school Brady/Moss style. ; )

true but either way I think he comes out....the Dolphins could just do to Luck what the Chargers did to E Manning if they're the #1 pick

you could pull an Elway or Manning and just refuse to play for the Dolphins(if they are number 1 pick)

I agree with both of you. I just hope if this deal does get done that Palmer targets Louis Murphy like crazy. I am talking old school Brady/Moss style. ; )

I love when Old School became 2007 haha

Exactly, and what are they gonna do when Jason Campbell comes back? I'd personally take him over the current Version of Carson Palmer I've seen. There is no way they keep Palmer on the bench. I'm still in shock but I'm not because its the raiders.

Lol. He and Murphy could go HAM. You just better hope Murphy gets the majority of the 150 yards Carson may pass for each game.

Exactly, and what are they gonna do when Jason Campbell comes back? I'd personally take him over the current Version of Carson Palmer I've seen. There is no way they keep Palmer on the bench. I'm still in shock but I'm not because its the raiders.

Lol. He and Murphy could go HAM. You just better hope Murphy gets the majority of the 150 yards Carson may pass for each game.

No way he is going to throw for 400+ yards and Murphy is going to get 100+ of them haha. It's going to be mesmerizing to watch, it will become football history.

No way he is going to throw for 400+ yards and Murphy is going to get 100+ of them haha. It's going to be mesmerizing to watch, it will become football history.

Lol. Carson is going to make Brady and Rodgers look like Eli and Matt Ryan!!!

sounds reasonable since Heyward-Bey still drops passes every game

This trade will give the Bengals some nice options in the draft for sure. They're young at QB, WR, and TE. They can really bolster up that defense in the next couple of drafts if they want to. It's a stout defense as it is but they're going to get much better. Good for them.

This trade will give the Bengals some nice options in the draft for sure. They're young at QB, WR, and TE. They can really bolster up that defense in the next couple of drafts if they want to. It's a stout defense as it is but they're going to get much better. Good for them.

I think its great for them too. They should be really a team to watch out for.

Cincy struck gold with this trade. Their young QB is clearly the future, and they sent a QB who was never going to play for them away for a for sure first rounder and a possible first rounder in 2013. Great move by Cincinnati.

I have full confidence that Cincy will find a way to scew those picks up haha

I agree...Horrible for oakland IMHO. I wouldnt do it

I agree...Horrible for oakland IMHO. I wouldnt do it

Really? I think its a good move for them, they are finally becoming relevant again, might as well keep it rolling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back