The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He iced his own kicker!!!!! I think he and lovie Smith must be cut from the same cloth as far as coaches go. But have the worst time management skills ever.

For the love of cocaine off a strippers rump I forgot that part. That icing on the cake. Yesterday was like Garrett was doing his best Andy Reid impersonation. All pass, no run and bone headed clock management.

For the love of cocaine off a strippers rump I forgot that part. That icing on the cake. Yesterday was like Garrett was doing his best Andy Reid impersonation. All pass, no run and bone headed clock management.

Dude my buddy and I just sat there in amazement. Noone wants that division lol.

Dude my buddy and I just sat there in amazement. Noone wants that division lol.

Me too dude. It was painful to watch. I just didnt get it. You have a QB that is every bit as good as Rodgers if not better but continue to hold him back and make stupid decisions.

Me too dude. It was painful to watch. I just didnt get it. You have a QB that is every bit as good as Rodgers if not better but continue to hold him back and make stupid decisions.

OH SNAP SON! I think he has a boat load of talent. more than that little guy Drew Brees.

hmmm... You might be able to convince me of this. But I am objectively leaning towards Rodgers being a better QB.

OH SNAP SON! I think he has a boat load of talent. more than that little guy Drew Brees.

I will say that Romo's biggest ability is his abiliy to improvise. Brady, Manning, Brees are all really good when things are going as planned. Romo has much more ability to scramble and wait for or make something happen.

Last edited:
If he was a great coach he'd be able to handle diva players like TO and DJax, have won a super bowl, and wouldn't be 4-8 in one of the worst divisions in football. All those years of old DC Jim Johnsoncovering his large arse are coming back to bite him now

I hate to say it but I also think Reid and castillo need to go. Reid is a great coach but sometimes changes just need to be made.

Clock management in general is poor in the NFL. It seems that for all the emphasis coaches put on the 2 minute game in practice, etc. that when they get there in games the coaching staff forgets everything about time and how to use it or stop it. I think that one area is one of the biggest separators among NFL head coaches - those that can handle the clock and those that can't, and those that can't get fired pretty quick because when you screw up chances to win games like that everyone sees it and it is highlighted all week on ESPN, etc. Blow a timeout early in a game? People forget. Blow a chance to win with 30 second on the clock? Nobody forgets.

It is certainly one of the reasons that got Jack Del Rio fired - terrible clock management at the end of games.

We agree! I thinK! :) They like to hit a lot after the whistle.

Its a Christmas miracle! :-D

I remember some of the comments from Williams' one season in Jax as the d-coord. He just had bad players here so his scheme didn't work.

Clock management in general is poor in the NFL. It seems that for all the emphasis coaches put on the 2 minute game in practice, etc. that when they get there in games the coaching staff forgets everything about time and how to use it or stop it. I think that one area is one of the biggest separators among NFL head coaches - those that can handle the clock and those that can't, and those that can't get fired pretty quick because when you screw up chances to win games like that everyone sees it and it is highlighted all week on ESPN, etc. Blow a timeout early in a game? People forget. Blow a chance to win with 30 second on the clock? Nobody forgets.

It is certainly one of the reasons that got Jack Del Rio fired - terrible clock management at the end of games.

The Packers went 71 yards in :55 seconds, in four plays to kick the winning FG. That's pretty good clock management right?

hmmm... You might be able to convince me of this. But I am objectively leaning towards Rodgers being a better QB.

Now you and I both know that will never happen. But in all seriousness Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now.

I will say that Romo's biggest ability is his abiliy to improvise. Brady, Manning, Brees are all really good when things are going as planned. Romom has much more ability to scramble and wait for or make something happen.

I agree. But he did make pretty poor throws yesterday and I think that is what keeps him from being elite.

Seems like another 'NFL black book' should be created for these bozo coaches that don't seem to have a clue in the last 2 minutes of a half/game. I mean they came out with one on whether a team should go for 2 and when; seems like a guy from Princeton could create a 2 minute drill book for these morons.

Whoops, check that..........Harvard then.

I agree. But he did make pretty poor throws yesterday and I think that is what keeps him from being elite.

Romo does make bonehead throws. But the fact that he shows glimpses of being able to create when the play breaks down is a plus.

I remember last week hearing about how the Cowboys have the weapons to score point to keep up with the Packers. Where were those weapons yesterday? I didn't watch the game so I don't know. Were the Cardinals that good on defense? Or were the Cowboys phoning it in on offense.

If he was a great coach he'd be able to handle diva players like TO and DJax, have won a super bowl, and wouldn't be 4-8 in one of the worst divisions in football. All those years of old DC Jim Johnsoncovering his large arse are coming back to bite him now

I dunno if I would say that I think there are divisions ( NFC & AFC West) that are worse as a whole than the NFC East. I think this year you can add the AFC South and NFC South as two more. The AFC East is on par with it. The Eagles just were over confident heading into the season and it is all unwinding now. I think Reid is a good coach but I also think that it is time for change there.

I remember last week hearing about how the Cowboys have the weapons to score point to keep up with the Packers. Where were those weapons yesterday? I didn't watch the game so I don't know. Were the Cardinals that good on defense? Or were the Cowboys phoning it in on offense.
We don't want to show our entire offense right now........we have some things in store for those Pack come next year.....I mean in the playoffs. Just you watch and see.......Red knows what he's doing even though it appears that he doesn't.

Shows the flaws of the current coaching staff, too. Isn't Peyton's fault that the D is giving up a ton of points.

Couldnt agree more. Caldwell looks like a deer in headlights.

Calling Jeff Fisher to Indy!

Romo does make bonehead throws. But the fact that he shows glimpses of being able to create when the play breaks down is a plus.

Miles Austin is still out. Robinson got hurt but came back. He had his TD streak come to an end though. I think with everyone healthy and clicking they can go toe to toe with GB but can they slow them down is the question. I doubt it. Not with Toast Newman getting burned by Nelson all game.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Terrence Knighton is my new favorite NFL player.

Why and who is that?

DT for the Jags. Monday Night Countdown just had a piece on him. He and his mom adopted an infant with fetal alcohol syndrom because the baby's parents weren't taking care of him. When asked if he ever wants to see his brother's biological parents he said, "No I have no time for people who don't take care of their kids."

DT for the Jags. Monday Night Countdown just had a piece on him. He and his mom adopted an infant with fetal alcohol syndrom because the baby's parents weren't taking care of him. When asked if he ever wants to see his brother's biological parents he said, "No I have no time for people who don't take care of their kids."

Seems like a good enough guy. Good for him.

What a turd of a MNF game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back