The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOKED! Still stinging from 18 and 1 and have been wanting revenge on Eli and the Giants since!

GO PATRIOTS!

I'm already seeing some Super Bowl betting lines out there, Patriots are 3.5 point favorites over the Giants. I'm guessing that's based on both teams' play over the balance of the season, even though the Giants beat the Patriots in Foxborough earlier this year.

I have made good money the last two weeks! 6 for 6 homies!

2 great games today....couldn't ask for anything more being a football fan.

STOKED! Still stinging from 18 and 1 and have been wanting revenge on Eli and the Giants since!

GO PATRIOTS!

My younger brother is a Pats fan. He's saying the same right now.

Pats fan since the days of Scott Zolak at QB and Marion Butts at RB. I want Tom and Co. to hang 70+ on them!
That would be sweet Jeff, but the Giants have been playing some great football. Two road wins is impressive. That said, Belichick will get them ready. Tom Brady was very unflattering of his play today.

That would be sweet Jeff, but the Giants have been playing some great football. Two road wins is impressive. That said, Belichick will get them ready. Tom Brady was very unflattering of his play today.

Yeah, I don't see us scoring 70+ and Eli always finds a way to keep the G'men in the game. It will be a great game and I am just excited they have the opportunity at this rematch.

Yeah, I don't see us scoring 70+ and Eli always finds a way to keep the G'men in the game. It will be a great game and I am just excited they have the opportunity at this rematch.
haha.. it should def be a good game. no way you're hanging 70 on the gmen though.

Remember when before the season some jackwagon was in here talking about how not clutch Tom Brady is. I bet he is getting ready to eat his words...

gulp.

Remember when before the season some jackwagon was in here talking about how not clutch Tom Brady is. I bet he is getting ready to eat his words...

gulp.

Well, you don't go to 5 Super Bowls and win 19 postseason games (tying Joe Montana for the most in NFL history) on pure luck alone. If Tom Brady ain't clutch, I really don't know who is.

Well, you don't go to 5 Super Bowls and win 19 postseason games (tying Joe Montana for the most in NFL history) on pure luck alone. If Tom Brady ain't clutch, I really don't know who is.

My point was that over the past 4 years, he and the Patriots hadn't performed in the post season like an elite team.

My point was that over the past 4 years, he and the Patriots hadn't performed in the post season like an elite team.

Ah. I follow what you are saying. And I agree. But you can throw out 2008 because Brady was hurt the entire season. Last year was embarrassing the way Baltimore kicked our butts. But on the same token, the Patriots have had nowhere near the defense they had during their dynasty run in the early 2000 years. Bruschi, Law, Milloy, Harrison, etc in the glory years. Unless you are a die hard Pats fan, you would be really hard pressed to name more than 1 or 2 defensive starters the last year or two. Brady and the offense can only do so much.

Ah. I follow what you are saying. And I agree. But you can throw out 2008 because Brady was hurt the entire season. Last year was embarrassing the way Baltimore kicked our butts. But on the same token, the Patriots have had nowhere near the defense they had during their dynasty run in the early 2000 years. Bruschi, Law, Milloy, Harrison, etc in the glory years. Unless you are a die hard Pats fan, you would be really hard pressed to name more than 1 or 2 defensive starters the last year or two. Brady and the offense can only do so much.

I did clarify that it was the last 4 playoff runs with Brady. But the fact that the defense had no namers and was underperforming was also helping with my point. Belichick might not be the personnel genious that we think/thought.

Pretty cool story from the Giants postgame:
"RT @JeffDarlington Cool big brother move. Just talked to Peyton, who surprised Eli by showing up near lockerroom after the game. Even got a ticket on his own."

So in the 07-08 season, the Pats beat the Giants in the regular season, but the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. This year, the Giants beat the Patriots in the regular season. I let logic draw its own conclusions.

I did clarify that it was the last 4 playoff runs with Brady. But the fact that the defense had no namers and was underperforming was also helping with my point. Belick might not be the personnel genious that we think/thought.

The genius stuff was overrated blabber put out by the media. Until he develops a cure for AIDS and helps guide significant advancements towards world peace, than yeah, he is a genius But a great coach? Sure. He is on par with the Bill Walsh's, Chuck Noll's, and Vince Lombardi's. If he wins this one, he has four as a head coach, and two as a defensive coordinator with the Giants in the 80's. Those are pretty impressive results over a pretty impressive career. Add in the fact that year after year, he is starting over with a new O coordinator or D coordinator, because they are high on the pecking list for other jobs in the league every year (Weiss, Crennell, McDaniels, O'Brien this year). I think this year may be his best coaching effort in New England. That defense was atrocious at times, but it came together at the right time.

It will be an exciting Super Bowl. Lots of storylines and matchups. Can't wait for the commercials.

It will be an interesting Super Bowl. One day closer to Packers' opening day.

It will be an exciting Super Bowl. Lots of storylines and matchups. Can't wait for the commercials.

I noticed a new eTrade one today, with the baby standing at the alter being a dudes best man at a wedding. Funny stuff.

"I'm watching you while you are watching him"

People are asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back