The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Vick take the Visor off before this series?

It's just clear I think.

The Eagles just look like they don't want to win and fight for the ball. Reid looks like he just wants to get out of coaching and step back and take care of his family and what has gone on off the field. Always next year eh.

Holy eff the Eagles o-line was turrible.....McCoy has to be the best RB in football to do what he did last night in spite of them

I fell asleep last night watching this garbage. Sounds like I missed a doozy.

Holy eff the Eagles o-line was turrible.....McCoy has to be the best RB in football to do what he did last night in spite of them

No doubt. I find it hard to flame Vick or Reid, but I understand why JRod would want to. It's always easiest to blame the QB and HC. But that Oline was hot garbage. And even worse, that defensive front 4 couldn't pressure a dead puppy.

I agree, as much as I dont really care for Vick and think he is probably the real most overrated player in the league that mess is not his fault. The O line is horrid and maybe even worse than the one Dallas. Even the Dilfer can see that.

And the Dilfer is wise. Vick's being set up to fail. Period.

It was comical yet sad that Vick was getting crushed on 3 step drops. I loved how everytime the Saints saw the Eagles line up with an empty backfield they brought the house

No doubt. I find it hard to flame Vick or Reid, but I understand why JRod would want to. It's always easiest to blame the QB and HC. But that Oline was hot garbage. And even worse, that defensive front 4 couldn't pressure a dead puppy.

I agree, as much as I dont really care for Vick and think he is probably the real most overrated player in the league that mess is not his fault. The O line is horrid and maybe even worse than the one Dallas. Even the Dilfer can see that.

And the Dilfer is wise. Vick's being set up to fail. Period.

He sure is. He wont be back next year because they'll need someone to sacrifice to the rabid Philly fan base.

It was comical yet sad that Vick was getting crushed on 3 step drops. I loved how everytime the Saints saw the Eagles line up with an empty backfield they brought the house

Funny how these two teams have completely switched places from the beginning of the year. That Saints defense looked like the Eagles last night.

Serious question for you; How long do they stay with Gabbert? I mean, his throws are OFF. I know some are hurried because he is trying not to get killed...but when you can only get a hail mary about 30 yards past the line of scrimmage...

Something was off on that hail mary. He had rolled left and at the last second while getting hit he tried to throw right to the opposite side. I think the ball slipped during the release. That's how it looked live in the stadium anyway. He certainly has the arm strength to throw the ball 50 yards in the air.

Gabbert pros: he is the proper size, has a strong arm, is very smart, hard working, studies film, etc. Does all the things you want off the field and in practice. Hard to want to give up too early on a guy that meets all of the "on paper" qualifications so well.

Gabbert cons: so far it hasn't translated much onto the field during games. Very streaky. Will complete 10 in a row and look like a future pro-bowler and then go 0 for the next 10. Accuracy is often just a little bit off - frequently due to pressure, often no pressure, just an off target pass. Needs to improve touch on the short passes (which they throw a lot of in this offense).

He is still the youngest starting QB in the league, even with the new set of rookies.

How long to keep him? Unless there is a sure-fire QB prospect in the draft this year where else do you turn? Good QBs don't magically appear in free-agency. Maybe draft another prospect in the 2nd/3rd round or so and develop them for a year and give Gabbert one more season? A lot depends on any potential GM or coaching staff changes.

Alright lets go Colts! Get revenge for the game earlier in the season! We definitely SHOULD win this game, especially with MJD out! No excuse!

Thanks to my new look FF line-up, I am now a huge Colts fan.

Let's hope for a high scoring game. Should be a good one Deano.

Let's hope for a high scoring game. Should be a good one Deano.

Well, I wouldn't get that carried away and call it "good"

Already looks like Wayne is going to have a huge night he has been targeted on nearly every pass

Luck, Ballard, and Hilton.

They are a nice little trio. Throw on Wayne and that's a pretty solid group so far.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Luck, Ballard, and Hilton.

Luck and Ballard should both do great, Hilton and Avery are always up in the air as to which one will have the good game. I've got Avery in and Hilton on the bench so I'm hoping Avery is the one with the big game.

They are a nice little trio. Throw on Wayne and that's a pretty solid group so far.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Call me a Colts fanatic...but I have Luck, Wayne, Avery, and Hilton on my team. Keeping Luck and Hilton on the bench this week because I have Peyton for my other QB and he usually has more passing TDs.

Luck, continue to throw it to Wayne, he is as automatic as it gets.

A couple of close calls tonight on a catch, a fumble, and a TD, but I like that they are going the Colts way and its hard to argue either way for any of the calls. Its nice to have some calls go our way and to have a nice cushion going into the second half, but we had one for the last time we played the jags and it didnt help! Keep it going to Chuck!

Wow actually managed to fall asleep watching the "game"

Forward lateral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back