The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given everything the NFL has gone through, Dez knowing about an assault on a woman by one of his buddies and then covering it up is not going to get him off the hook. Especially given that national ad campaign the NFL has been running, encouraging people to discuss domestic abuse.
How do we know he "covered it up"? Or is this just speculation?

Not sure why these players require an entourage, usually full of losers and moochers that usually just wind up getting the player in trouble.

The Stl. Rams have to figure out what they will do with Sam Bradford and if they keep or trade their #10 pick for more picks. They could use a tall Wide Receiver, Cornerbacks and a Quarterback whether they keep Sam Bradford or not. It will be interesting to see how the Draft shakes out for each team.

Adrian Peterson will officially be reinstated. Let the games begin.

Did you hear him sounding like Kid Rock?

"I wanna be a Cowboy baby"

;)

Guarantee AP is a Raider next year. If not, it was because he said no. As a Bronco fan it pains me to say this but the ghost of Al is gone and this is the team I fear most for the next 5 years over the chiefs and chargers.

Guarantee AP is a Raider next year. If not, it was because he said no. As a Bronco fan it pains me to say this but the ghost of Al is gone and this is the team I fear most for the next 5 years over the chiefs and chargers.

Will they still be called the Chargers once they get moved to LA?

Because a judge overturned the NFL's ban under the player personnel policy. Yet another hit to Goodell's administration of the league.

So with the Dez thing out there, does Dallas sign Murray, or with Peterson maybe in the wind, do they shoot for him???

So with the Dez thing out there, does Dallas sign Murray, or with Peterson maybe in the wind, do they shoot for him???

Would you Adrian over Murray? Slight edge to Adrian as he had a whole season to rest.

Would you Adrian over Murray? Slight edge to Adrian as he had a whole season to rest.

You really only think its a slight edge? AD is the most dominant back of the era. Murray had a very good season, but overall has had injury and fumbling problems. Not going to take anything away from what Murray accomplished, but a healthy AD behind that line blows it out of the water last season.

Then add that history says backs coming off seasons with carries like that leads to very short amount in the tank.

You really only think its a slight edge? AD is the most dominant back of the era. Murray had a very good season, but overall has had injury and fumbling problems. Not going to take anything away from what Murray accomplished, but a healthy AD behind that line blows it out of the water last season.

Then add that history says backs coming off seasons with carries like that leads to very short amount in the tank.

I see your point and I dont disagree. Something just happens to running backs when they get around AP's age and he has been a workhorse for Minn. I still think AP would be the choice I just dont think its a land slide as Murray is nearing his peak and AP "should" be declining although he is so good even his 90 to 95% is better than most at 100.

Also Murray was healthy almost all year beside that odd hand injury which he played through. (Helped me win my FanFootball league)

Yep. There is a reason Dallas is reportedly going to let Murray test the market to establish his value.

Yep. There is a reason Dallas is reportedly going to let Murray test the market to establish his value.

Without a doubt. If you look back over the years and see players that get the kind of carries Murray received, they almost always fall off the truck relatively quickly. Then add the ability to gamble on a player that is arguably the best of this generation and get him for less money (hypothetically)? Sign it in a hurry. RBs will be dying to run behind their line or if they aren't, they should be.

Would they not still have to trade for AD and what would his value be for the Vikings to make that deal.

Would they not still have to trade for AD and what would his value be for the Vikings to make that deal.

depending on if he was released or not. He does carry a pretty big number for next season if I remember correctly.

The implication / speculation is that Minnesota will try to get AD to rework his contract to a lower number, AD will say no and Minnesota will have to cut him or pay him (and they'll cut him). It seems probable that the existing contract will work against a trade happening - why trade an asset for a huge contract when you know he'll be a free agent shortly and you can almost certainly get him for less money.

I would think the Vikings would be a little gun shy trying to trade with the Cowboys again. Ha! But Jimmy isn't there so there's that. I wouldn't want to see Dallas giving up any low draft picks for AP but that's probably what it will take. Who knows.

depending on if he was released or not. He does carry a pretty big number for next season if I remember correctly.
I think I heard 12 or 13 million.

Ad
ad
ad
ad
ad
ad
ad
ad
ad
ad
ad

His nickname is AD.

I'm sure that's what his son was thinking on that one dark day......this sure is taking All Day.....

Too soon??

Any thoughts on the Canadian kid Brandon Bridge?

I'm sure that's what his son was thinking on that one dark day......this sure is taking All Day.....

Too soon??

All funnies until he is wearing a star and then its "Are we really talking about stuff from two years ago"? :alien:
#SportsFansAreFunnyLikeThat

All funnies until he is wearing a star and then its "Are we really talking about stuff from two years ago"? :alien:
#SportsFansAreFunnyLikeThat

Depends really....is he rushinig for 1,500 yards then you right. If he's rushing for 800 yards and injured then let the jokes fly! :bashful:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back