The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an outsider looking in, but I think the Skins were set back indefinitely the minute Snyder bought them, and will probably remain so until he's out of the picture.

I think now is as good of time as any for RG3 to take the podium this afternoon after practice and lead off by saying, "I agree............I agree that Washington should change their name to something else." Take it home RG3.......take it home!

Yea you're right that the Patriots have won many divisional titles but having the most non divisional wins from one division means more than the Patriots are winning games. Indianopolis, San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore have all put up plenty of wins and playoff runs the last 15 years just like the Patriots, but the AFC East has proved competitive within and outside the AFC East
NE has 37% of the wins for the AFC east over the last 10 years that is a huge amount. The AFC North is also a bit ahead in wins.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

If you took the best team out of each division each year, AFC East would still be toward the top in Non Divisional win percentage. You can always point toward the outlier for wins but if we look at all 3 on the bottom of each division it's not the glaring disappointment that people think it is.

I was laughed at in this thread during the NFL draft for saying that Andrew Luck was going to be better than RGIII.
I was laughed at in this thread for saying Colt McCoy would not last as the Redskins starter too.
I was laughed at in this thread for saying Trent Richardson was the most overrated back in the NFL and would bust in Indy.
Each year this thread gets funnier and funnier. You guys should have a blast this year, but I am taking the year off from it.

Im serious though, you guys will have a blast this year, Im going to focus on some very cool golf **** we are working on.

Even last year the AFC East sucked, no one is arguing that and I'm a Jet Fan we were the worst in the division. But yet we had three 8 or more win teams in the division. Three other divisions accomplished that as well, and 4 divisions did not.

I was laughed at in this thread during the NFL draft for saying that Andrew Luck was going to be better than RGIII.
I was laughed at in this thread for saying Colt McCoy would not last as the Redskins starter too.
I was laughed at in this thread for saying Trent Richardson was the most overrated back in the NFL and would bust in Indy.
Each year this thread gets funnier and funnier. You guys should have a blast this year, but I am taking the year off from it.

Im serious though, you guys will have a blast this year, Im going to focus on some very cool golf **** we are working on.
I for one enjoy your outlook and hope you contribute in here this year. While I think everyone evaluates talent a bit differently and no one is perfect many of your predictions have come true.

So hard for many to separate being a fan of a team or player and actually evaluating a player or team fairly.

I for one enjoy your outlook and hope you contribute in here this year. While I think everyone evaluates talent a bit differently and no one is perfect many of your predictions have come true.

So hard for many to separate being a fan of a team or player and actually evaluating a player or team fairly.

It wasn't a martyr post brother, but thank you. Just pointing out some fun from he past.

I think you guys are going to have a blast. I will however enjoy reading and watching GG in fantasy football.

BOOOOOOOOOOO.

Seriously, keep your insights coming in here, especially around draft time. Would hate to see you take your ball and go home because of the minority of posters on here.

I think you guys are going to have a blast. I will however enjoy reading and watching GG lose to Dean in fantasy football

I mean after all it is a yearly tradition.

Just an outsider looking in, but I think the Skins were set back indefinitely the minute Snyder bought them, and will probably remain so until he's out of the picture.
This times eleventy billion. And I say this as a Redskins fan who still puts his Sean Taylor jersey on every Sunday in autumn.

Any time I see Dan Snyder, and know that he owns the Redskins, I just think of Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights when he says, "No one lives forever...But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300."

It's not that Dan Snyder is the worst owner in the league, though he is...it's that I'm afraid Dan Snyder is going to outlive my kids.

Gruden finds himself in an impossible situation. If he releases Griffin, which is the right football, locker room, and front office move to make, he risks the ire of the owner, especially since the team will almost certainly be pretty bad this year (I'm predicting 5 wins, which might be pretty generous). The right side of the O-line has all of 8 NFL games between then, the secondary is still a mess, and their depth stinks. There isn't a QB in the league who could polish this turd at this point. But no way can Jay Gruden cut RGIII, win 4 or 5 games, and still have a job with the Redskins next year...and I don't think anyone has had success as a head coach in the NFL after getting fired by Dan Snyder, which by sheer numbers shouldn't be the case. If Gruden keeps RGIII around, he deals with drama everywhere, which only might affect the record by 1 win, 2 at the most, but hopefully stays in his boss' good graces, which is the only way he has a job this time next year.

At the end of the RGIII era, there will be something else. Even if everything goes right, I don't think Gruden is still coaching the Redskins in three years. He muddles through with Cousins, maybe even convinces Snyder he should Lack for Hack this year, but getting a QB won't fix their chronic lack of draft picks (and as a result depth), which means I think Gruden only makes it two, three more seasons, best case, before he gets tired of trying to rebuild the sandcastle his boss keeps stomping all over.

Is RG3 the modern day Vince Young?

Maybe a poor man's VY. Young had more success at all 3 levels, in my opinion.

Interesting....as someone that has Lynch as a potential pick in FF I don't like this.

Interesting....as someone that has Lynch as a potential pick in FF I don't like this.

Jackson wont take reps from Lynch. 3rd down back at most but he will be an effective 3rd down back on that team. That's going to be a great signing for them if he can stay healthy.

I don't like it because I like Fred but HATE the Seahawks.

I wasn't surprised that the Bills let him go but was also disappointed they did. If he signs with Seattle that will give them a potent 1-2 punch. It will be interesting to see who they give the ball to in goalline situations

Oh, God, I just realized the Redskins are going to draft Christian Hackenberg next year and ruin his life, too. What's worse, they'll put together 5 or 6 wins this year so they have to trade draft picks to get him, which they'll do, because they're the Redskins.

I feel like there needs to be an intervention where the combined owners of NFL teams force Dan Snyder out before he ruins every other QB prospect for the next 200 years.

Just confirmed plans last night with 2 of my uncles. Looks like we are heading to Dallas for the Patriots game. I'm pretty damn excited for that.

Just confirmed plans last night with 2 of my uncles. Looks like we are heading to Dallas for the Patriots game. I'm pretty damn excited for that.

That'll be an awesome game, I'm jealous. Trying to get my wife to grab some of her jobs season tickets lol, they have awesome seats to the Cardinal's games

There isnt much I like about the Cowboys but that stadium really is something to see in person. Also if you are in the 400s you will just be watching the scoreboard so you can see the players lol.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I wasn't surprised that the Bills let him go but was also disappointed they did. If he signs with Seattle that will give them a potent 1-2 punch. It will be interesting to see who they give the ball to in goalline situations
How the hell do the Seahawks keep landing these great players. I thouhht we had a salary cap in the NFL. smh

How the hell do the Seahawks keep landing these great players. I thouhht we had a salary cap in the NFL. smh

That chance at a ring is worth a pay cut to a lot of people.

There isnt much I like about the Cowboys but that stadium really is something to see in person. Also if you are in the 400s you will just be watching the scoreboard so you can see the players lol.
If it's anything like the old stadium, two thirds of the Dallass fans will be gone by half time ... opportunities to move down towards the field will abound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back