The Official 2018 MLB Thread

If I have to read one more story in the NY papers about David Wright and his "hoping to play", I'm going to scream. :banghead: After the Madoff scandal, the Mets have become a team with a small market mentality. His contract has been a disaster. Can't understand how the press keeps giving him a pass. He could've/should've retired years ago with an injury settlement restructuring of some kind. That would've freed up over $20 million a year in payroll.

I think insurance is covering a good portion of his payroll for the Mets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last I read, it’s insured at 70%; and only payable when he can’t physically play—so no retirement/settlement.

Since I've brought up my Amazin's, what do you guys think of their chances this year? with the exception of the Nats, the division is horrible. I'm hoping they can rack up enough wins against the Marlins, Phils, and Braves to get at least a wild card. A lot of things would have to fall in place for us to beat out Washington, but I don't think it's out of the question. Am I being too optimistic? (not a word usually associated with a Mets/Jets fan) LOL
I’m a pretty disgruntled Mets fan. I wish they would simply trust some of the young guys. They may be AAAA players and stink at the MLB lever, or you may actually have something there, but they never seem to give them a legit chance (looking at you Wilmer Flores).

I was surprised to see in game box scores today. Awesome!
My app was confused after the third inning. “Unknown singled to left center, unknown scored, Wilmer Flores to third, unknown to second advancing on throw.”

Looks like the old Colon ate the young Colon

“Big Sexy!” I tuned into “Mets Classics” on SNY last week (the station owned by the Mets); and the classic game of the week was when Bartolo hit his first career home run with the Mets in 2016. I laughed.

$25 million per year during 1st 2 years. So $50 million of the total contract of $110 million is in the first 2 years. Another advantage of paying him $25 mill in 2018 is that it virtually locks that Hanley will not get the number of at bats he needs to activate the ovre $20 million option for 2019 and they will be done with him after the 2018 season.

This could work out perfectly we could lose both Price and Hanley after 2018!

This could work out perfectly we could lose both Price and Hanley after 2018!

Would be great! Hanley is a given as there is literally no way, with or without JD, they were going to let him get there unless he suddenly turned in to Big Papi (ZERO chance). Even if Price has a monster season, I can't really see him opting out unless he just hates it so much there that it is not worth the money to him to stay.

Would be great! Hanley is a given as there is literally no way, with or without JD, they were going to let him get there unless he suddenly turned in to Big Papi (ZERO chance). Even if Price has a monster season, I can't really see him opting out unless he just hates it so much there that it is not worth the money to him to stay.

I don't see him opting out because he isn't going to get that big paycheck again.

@ddec this is free money

Over for days..Can't pitch around them

The great @PaulHembo sent along this prop line from the Westgate Las Vegas super book: over/under on Stanton/Judge homers -- 39.5, 36.5. I suspect those numbers will rise before Opening Day.

@ddec this is free money

Over for days..Can't pitch around them

The great @PaulHembo sent along this prop line from the Westgate Las Vegas super book: over/under on Stanton/Judge homers -- 39.5, 36.5. I suspect those numbers will rise before Opening Day.

Buster is tough to trust when it comes to gambling lol.....even just passing it along

Twins sign Logan Morrison DH

Looks like 1 year deal

Logan Morrison*has agreed to a one-year, $6.5 million contract with the*Minnesota Twins, a source told ESPN's Jerry Crasnick.

The deal includes a vesting option with escalators and performance bonuses and could be worth $16.5 million over two years, the source said

Nice signing for the Twins from a money perspective. Not sure where he fits in the lineup though.

Nice signing for the Twins from a money perspective. Not sure where he fits in the lineup though.

Yeah I don't know. DH obviously but we have Sano and another guy or two for that spot.

We need arms. At least one more ace-like guy. Or close to it.

Tribe brings Napoli back on a minor league deal. Obviously this go around is as a bench player, but nice to have some pop on the bench for a change.

Edit: Looks like Major league roster may be full, so might not make it unless there is an injury

No suprise here: MLBPA files revenue-sharing grievance against Marlins, A's, Pirates, Rays.

Opening day in 30 days.

Not a big baseball guy at all, but I am looking forward to seeing Stanton and Judge in the same line up.

Tim Lincecum signed a major league deal with the Rangers. $1M base salary.

I didn't even realize he sat out last year. He really seemed to fall off pretty quick - due to injuries?

Kipnis with 5HR already (leads the majors in spring training), so glad we didnt trade him lol

The Sox are still gonna win the AL east... despite all the hype in the Bronx!!

Back