The Official 2018 MLB Thread

I mean they should with that payroll right?:alien:

Bahaha. A Yankee homer talking about another team's payroll. Give it another year of 2 without a championship and the Yankee wallets will start raining cash on anybody and everybody trying to regain the glory days of yesteryear. :act-up:

Bahaha. A Yankee homer talking about another team's payroll. Give it another year of 2 without a championship and the Yankee wallets will start raining cash on anybody and everybody trying to regain the glory days of yesteryear. :act-up:

that's the beauty of it. Yanks have gotten younger, more athletic, and for the time being cheaper.

that's the beauty of it. Yanks have gotten younger, more athletic, and for the time being cheaper.

They have and I do commend them for setting goals and sticking to them. Although I'm sure George has rolled over in his grave numerous times during the whole process.

GO MARLINS!

2018 WORLD SERIES ODDS
Team Odds
Los Angeles Dodgers +500
New York Yankees +550
Houston Astros +550
Chicago Cubs +750
Washington Nationals +800
Cleveland Indians +850
Boston Red Sox +1200
San Francisco Giants +2000
St. Louis Cardinals +2000
Arizona Diamondbacks +2500
Los Angeles Angels +2800
New York Mets +2800
Milwaukee Brewers +3300
Minnesota Twins +4000
Seattle Mariners +4000
Toronto Blue Jays +4000
Colorado Rockies +4000
Tampa Bay Rays +10000
Texas Rangers +10000
Baltimore Orioles +10000
Pittsburgh Pirates +10000
Philadelphia Phillies +10000
Chicago White Sox +15000
Atlanta Braves +15000
Kansas City Royals +15000
Oakland Athletics +15000
San Diego Padres +15000
Cincinnati Reds +20000
Detroit Tigers +30000
Miami Marlins +50000

I think both of you guys are in for disappointment. This is the Rays year*.

* To lose 100 games.

This pick-off throw will be fun to watch...

Jon Lester trying 'Jordan-to-Pippen bounce' in unorthodox attempt to solve throwing problem.

GO MARLINS!

2018 WORLD SERIES ODDS
Team Odds
Los Angeles Dodgers +500
New York Yankees +550
Houston Astros +550
Chicago Cubs +750
Washington Nationals +800
Cleveland Indians +850
Boston Red Sox +1200
San Francisco Giants +2000
St. Louis Cardinals +2000
Arizona Diamondbacks +2500
Los Angeles Angels +2800
New York Mets +2800
Milwaukee Brewers +3300
Minnesota Twins +4000
Seattle Mariners +4000
Toronto Blue Jays +4000
Colorado Rockies +4000
Tampa Bay Rays +10000
Texas Rangers +10000
Baltimore Orioles +10000
Pittsburgh Pirates +10000
Philadelphia Phillies +10000
Chicago White Sox +15000
Atlanta Braves +15000
Kansas City Royals +15000
Oakland Athletics +15000
San Diego Padres +15000
Cincinnati Reds +20000
Detroit Tigers +30000
Miami Marlins +50000

+4000 with the Twins, M's and Rockies (yes, I am discounting the Jays at that same number) is about as far down as I would go on that list to try to pick a longshot.

the mets could be an interesting bet at that number

+4000 with the Twins, M's and Rockies (yes, I am discounting the Jays at that same number) is about as far down as I would go on that list to try to pick a longshot.

You guys got a (short) glimpse of the Twins last year in the play-in game. Some real young talent on the team. The rotation remains a question mark..

Looks like Indians rotation is taking shape.

Kulber, Carrasco and Bauer #1-#3.

Then looks like Clevinger will get the #4 spot, which was supposed to be a battle between him and Salazar, but Danny isnt going to be ready to go for Opening Day.

Which leaves Tomlin vs Ryan Merritt for the #5 spot. Loser goes to the crowded bullpen since Merritt is out of options. Total havoc will be wreaked when Salazar returns from injury (I think he should be used in 6th and/or 7th out of pen like Shaw used to be and really shorten the games) .

Tomlin's era was nearly 5 last year, and he is definitely not the pitcher from 2015. I think its time to move on and give the young guns a chance.

Looks like Indians rotation is taking shape.

Kulber, Carrasco and Bauer #1-#3.

Then looks like Clevinger will get the #4 spot, which was supposed to be a battle between him and Salazar, but Danny isnt going to be ready to go for Opening Day.

Which leaves Tomlin vs Ryan Merritt for the #5 spot. Loser goes to the crowded bullpen since Merritt is out of options. Total havoc will be wreaked when Salazar returns from injury (I think he should be used in 6th and/or 7th out of pen like Shaw used to be and really shorten the games) .

Tomlin's era was nearly 5 last year, and he is definitely not the pitcher from 2015. I think its time to move on and give the young guns a chance.

I think so. Merritt looks like a better pitcher over the long term. Tomlin has to be almost perfect to be successful. He's gutsy, but probably not their first choice anymore.

Looks like Royals are working on a 1 year deal with Moustakas

Looks like Royals are working on a 1 year deal with Moustakas

Too bad Boras wasn't able to land him a 3 year deal somewhere. Unless he duplicates his numbers from this year, going to be tough for him next offseason with Donaldson and Machado on the open market.

Too bad Boras wasn't able to land him a 3 year deal somewhere. Unless he duplicates his numbers from this year, going to be tough for him next offseason with Donaldson and Machado on the open market.
And better not have an off year

I like the Royals. After going to a Twins game there and meeting such nice people (and that I have family there now as well), they are the only other team in MLB I will root for outside the Twins. I wish you guys would bring back some of that world championship flash from a couple years ago.

I'm still laughing at Moustakas/Borax!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lucroy to Oakland 1 year $6.5M

Royals Jorge Bonifacio suspended for 80 games

By Michael Portman, Assignment Editor

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) - Royals outfielder Jorge Bonifacio has been suspended 80 games without pay after testing positive for Boldenone.

According to the release by MLB, Bonifacio's suspension will commence at the start of the 2018 regular season. Boldenone is considered a performance-enhancing substance, which is in violation of Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/37695524/royals-jorge-bonifacio-suspended-for-80-games

Hey Indians fans, what's the word of on Mejia? Is he going to make the club out of spring training?

Twins get Lance Lynn for a steal. Looks like they may actually contend.

Wow arietta to the phillies

Hey Indians fans, what's the word of on Mejia? Is he going to make the club out of spring training?
Nope...starting him in AAA to get some experience there. Wish they would just trade Gomes or Hernandez so there would be a spit for him now.

Something makes me think they make room for him 1 way or another after a few months

Phillies showing serious signs of trying to get back into contention in the next year or two.

Back