The Official 2021 NFL Thread

Did she have anything to say when Gronk dented in swinging it like a bat and hitting a baseball at a Red Sox game a few years ago? There aren’t enough eye rolls for how I feel about this.
Insulting? Apology for what? This woman allegedly had sleepless nights because Tom Brady tossed the Lombardi Trophy.
Could you imagine how outraged the relatives of Lord Stanley must be with how his trophy has been treated over the years?

Great comments all! It seems that everybody must always be offended by something these days! I say to hell with the snowflakes!

Word is that the Carolina Panthers offered 3 first round picks and Christian McCaffery for Deshaun Watson!:oops: I think this is a big mistake. McCaffery is the face of the franchise now, plus who is gonna block for Watson? Hard to be elite when you're picking yourself up off the ground the whole game!

Last edited:
Word is that the Carolina Panthers offered 3 first round picks and Christian McCaffery for Deshaun Watson!:oops: I think this is a big mistake. McCaffery is the face of the franchise now, plus who is gonna block for Watson? Hard to be elite when your picking yourself up off the ground the whole game!
I could imagine that trade would anger a few fans.

Here’s an interesting thread from Greg Camarillo about the challenges that football players go through after leaving the sport. If you’re prepared to make a flippant comment about getting paid millions of dollars to play football, you can save it. Just read this.

Here’s an interesting thread from Greg Camarillo about the challenges that football players go through after leaving the sport. If you’re prepared to make a flippant comment about getting paid millions of dollars to play football, you can save it. Just read this.

This is true of so many people whose self-identities are defined almost exclusively by their vocations. Many of these people who retire later in life do not have long retirements because of that loss of identity.

Word is that the Carolina Panthers offered 3 first round picks and Christian McCaffery for Deshaun Watson!:oops: I think this is a big mistake. McCaffery is the face of the franchise now, plus who is gonna block for Watson? Hard to be elite when you're picking yourself up off the ground the whole game!
If Houston turned that down wow 😳

But RBs, even fantastic ones like McCaffery have a very short football life. McCaffery was out most of this year and that could be the first sign of him breaking down because of the pounding he takes.

Hmmm. I remember saying that Wentz was worth a 2nd and 3rd maybe.
Well....

Yuck

I still believe Wentz is damaged goods! It will be nice to see that MVP caliber athlete return, but I don’t see it happening!

I still believe Wentz is damaged goods! It will be nice to see that MVP caliber athlete return, but I don’t see it happening!

While I am not sure either way, his OL in Indy should give a guy that holds the ball too long, plenty of chances to make an impact.

I think it’s a win/win for Wentz and the Eagles. Still not sure how we got to this point.

Oof that dead money hit though.

I think it’s a win/win for Wentz and the Eagles. Still not sure how we got to this point.
I think its a win for everybody.
Colts get a guy that they think they can win with, with a coach that if anybody is going to get it done, its him. Eagles rid themselves of a terrible contract and a QB that looked awful and didnt exactly make things easy in the locker room after benching.

I think its a win for everybody.
Colts get a guy that they think they can win with, with a coach that if anybody is going to get it done, its him. Eagles rid themselves of a terrible contract and a QB that looked awful and didnt exactly make things easy in the locker room after benching.
Curious to see if anything comes about once this is final. There was a lot of smoke about locker room issues.

It will be interesting to see what the Eagles do going forward. Is Jalen Hurts truly their choice at QB? I know he is the de facto starter without Wentz, but will the new coaching staff be committed to him as the starter?

I think this is a win for Carson and Indy. Gives Carson a chance without Indy throwing away a ton of draft capital. Get him out of Philly who was going to look bad no matter what.

Eagles will end up getting a 1st and 3rd for Wentz. Unless he gets hurt or plays really poorly. Not a bad deal for the Eagles, but I still think it was a mistake to give up on Wentz.

Oof that dead money hit though.
Eagles should just take as much dead cap hit this year as possible and go after a top draft pick next year. Just blow it up and try to trade anyone with a sense of ability. I would trade Ertz for a 4th, Cox for a 2nd, and anyone else that they can.

Right now I think it is a good trade for both teams. If they can fix wentz then his cap numbers are good. And the eagles had to get rid of him no matter what....and ended up with a 3rd this year and 2022 1st.

In the end I think indi wins the trade, fixes wentz and the eagles are looking for a new qb in a year or 2.

I don't follow this stuff that closely but I'm immediately going back to that Rams trade. How is Wentz worth so much less than Stafford? Does this tend to demonstrate the Rams were out of their minds to make their deal?

Last edited:
It is going to be funny when the Colts sit Carson a game or two and manipulate playing time with a few snaps each week to get under the 70% and he is good.

He gets to play for Frank Reich who i believe coached him in Philly when he played well. He gets to play half his games in a dome which cant hurt and apparently the Colts have a very good offensive line. Other than taking on a huge contract i think taking a chance on potentially a good quarterback for a second and a third round pick is well worth it. Seems like both teams accomplished what they wanted to do. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Back