The Official 2021 NFL Thread

The Bucs will have to deal with the cap hit at some point they are just pushing it down the road.

I love how people Think Brady is taking less. Not happening.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Not sure I understand. He took less money in his first deal and 2 years at 50.
Then restructured to add another one with three voidable to help the team keep the talent.

If 25 million for Brady isn’t underpaid, not sure what is with current QB contracts out there. I don’t hear too many other QBs taking less to keep talent.

Bills sign Mitch Trubisky to back up Josh Allen. Wasn't really sure about Matt Barkley so I think Trubisky is an upgrade. I really like everything Brandon Bean is doing. Now they need to find a pass rusher which I know is easier said than done. I would love to see them grab Jaret Patterson from UB at some point in the draft but I have a feeling he will go earlier than expected and some team will get a steal. He will make at the very least a great change of pace running back.

Aaron Jones is one of those guys it is really hard not to like

On the way to his signing he stopped to speaker to NFL Network and his charity work.
Thanks I’ll have to look it up (y)

It's easier for Brady to sign for less when Gisele is making $40M a year and has a net worth of $400M. :)

And Brady's net worth is $200M, so he's not exactly hurting!

The Bucs will have to deal with the cap hit at some point they are just pushing it down the road.

I love how people Think Brady is taking less. Not happening.

Not sure I understand. He took less money in his first deal and 2 years at 50.
Then restructured to add another one with three voidable to help the team keep the talent.

If 25 million for Brady isn’t underpaid, not sure what is with current QB contracts out there. I don’t hear too many other QBs taking less to keep talent.

That's because Brady is smart and understands the game! Jeez! It's not that hard! I once heard Bernie Kosar, sainted QB of the Cleveland Browns, in a radio interview describe the pro QB position as the "most dependent" position in all of sports! Everybody else on that offense has to be doing their job very well in order for the QB to be successful! I think Brady understands this, and acts accordingly.

Look at what happened to the Ravens when Joe Flacco thought he was all that and sucked up all the money. They couldn't afford to keep people around him, and they sank like sand down a rat hole!

So, some people equate money with success. Others equate success with success!

Pittsburgh media reporting:
  • Steelers and WR JuJu Smith-Schuster about to reach a one-year deal. This was unexpected early in the offseason but buzz was building in recent days that they were going to come to a deal of some kind.
  • Steelers have given CB Steven Nelson permission to seek a trade. This was totally unexpected, as the CB duo of Haden and Nelson were viewed as strengths of the defense, and that both would be kept for at least 2021. Nelson was due $8+ million in the third and final year of the deal he signed as a free agent, so some cap maneuvers may be involved.
Steelers GM Kevin Colbert generally makes the right moves, and many times they aren't obvious to this fan. This is another one of those times.

1616177067300.png

Seems like quite a few are taking 1 year deals and will test out FA again next year when the cap goes up.

Love what the Niners have done so far. Keeping Trent Williams was a must. Mack is still a good center and that is such a key position in Shanny's offense. Weston hasn't played a down in 2 years. We needed a center. Kept some key guys for depth. Nothing splashy but good re-signs and depth signs.

Still need to improve WR depth/pass catching depth. Bourne is a 3rd/4th guy but he is good. Still need to plan for the oline depth in future and potential RT change from Mcglinchy. DBs seem weak but they always feel like a weakness and I think their defensive scheme allows that. I think this may be the year they go CB in the first if they aren't able to trade up and get a QB or have one fall to them. Otherwise I think OL is in the first. I really want trade backs and accumulate tons of top 100 picks to rebuild the depth that is disappearing as guys end rookie contract years and go get paid.

Obviously the key to the season is Jimmy G staying healthy. I think he is their QB even if they trade up for a rookie. If he stays healthy they are a playoff team. Then it is a crapshoot.

I am curious how this Watson news plays out. Usually where there is smoke there is fire. He by all accounts up until recently is a completely stand up great dude that does a ton for his community. Even the trade demands to me and I think a large percentage of fans was blamed on Houston. But if allegations are true this changes a lot obviously and none of the good stuff matters at all. With 3 already and supposedly up to 7 coming it will be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited:
Pittsburgh media reporting:
  • Steelers and WR JuJu Smith-Schuster about to reach a one-year deal. This was unexpected early in the offseason but buzz was building in recent days that they were going to come to a deal of some kind.
  • Steelers have given CB Steven Nelson permission to seek a trade. This was totally unexpected, as the CB duo of Haden and Nelson were viewed as strengths of the defense, and that both would be kept for at least 2021. Nelson was due $8+ million in the third and final year of the deal he signed as a free agent, so some cap maneuvers may be involved.
Steelers GM Kevin Colbert generally makes the right moves, and many times they aren't obvious to this fan. This is another one of those times.

I agree. Ju Ju wanted to be a Steeler. And they appear to lack the cap space to keep Nelson.

I agree. Ju Ju wanted to be a Steeler. And they appear to lack the cap space to keep Nelson.
And apparently Ben wanted JuJu to be a Steeler. When I look at those two items, it just seems like it's a lot easier to find value at the WR position than at the cover corner position. Kevin Colbert has forgotten more than I will ever know, so that's what I'm hanging on to at this point.

And apparently Ben wanted JuJu to be a Steeler. When I look at those two items, it just seems like it's a lot easier to find value at the WR position than at the cover corner position. Kevin Colbert has forgotten more than I will ever know, so that's what I'm hanging on to at this point.

Interesting year for free agency and the market for receivers. And the draft is top loaded with potential #1 receivers.

Big mistake by Carolina letting Mike Davis walk!

I would ask a couple of questions here. Who is Taylor Bisciotti, and who are her sources? I've never heard of her. This seems very low level info.

Let's face facts. Since Antonio Brown left JuJu has transitioned from a big play receiver to a possession receiver. When AB was on the field he attracted a lot of the D's attention. Now that he's gone, JuJu gets all the attention. He's had to change his game. I think he averaged about 8 yards per catch last season, and not many YAC's! Don't get me wrong. He's a fine receiver, but he's not worth big money since there are WR's galore coming out of college these days!

And you have to know what the incentives are in the other deals to judge their equivalency. JuJu's agent would have known those things.

Taylor Bisciotti is an anchor/reporter for the NFL Network. Adam Schefter also reported J2S2 was hotly pursued by the Ravens and received a multi-year offer from the Eagles.

I’m not a fan of the Steelers’ offseason moves. I think they overpaid at WR and undervalued some of their defensive players not named Dupree. But there are some who say the Steelers got a bargain in signing JuJu. And he gets to test the market in a year when the cap is much more conducive to a bigger deal.

i would not use any PIT WR stats from 2020. It was the strangest offense I’ve seen and reflected a QB who could not throw it deep. Kevin Colbert may have seen something in Nelson and JuJu that many of us haven’t. He has a pretty good record in that regard.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
Well if it wasn’t clear that Wilson has reached the end of the road, I think it is now.

Taylor Bisciotti is an anchor/reporter for the NFL Network. Adam Schefter also reported J2S2 was hotly pursued by the Ravens and received a multi-year offer from the Eagles.

I’m not a fan of the Steelers’ offseason moves. I think they overpaid at WR and undervalued some of their defensive players not named Dupree. But there are some who say the Steelers got a bargain in signing JuJu. And he gets to test the market in a year when the cap is much more conducive to a bigger deal.

i would not use any PIT WR stats from 2020. It was the strangest offense I’ve seen and reflected a QB who could not throw it deep. Kevin Colbert may have seen something in Nelson and JuJu that many of us haven’t. He has a pretty good record in that regard.

I have a buddy who is a big Steelers fan. He hated the Steelers offense last season. Their major problem was that they could NOT run the ball. Who would have Roethlisberger throw it 60 times a game?! Of course, they were behind, but why were they behind?

Meanwhile, I am a Browns fan and I am loving What Andrew Berry is doing in free agency! We are going to be loaded! Haven't heard anything lately except that the Browns and Clowney are still talking. Browns will sign him at the right price. but, what is the right price? They are going for it!

Last edited:
i don't know if i like this...

"The 49ers have traded up from the 12th overall pick to the third overall in a deal with the Miami Dolphins, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday. Miami receives the 12th overall selection from San Francisco, a third-round pick and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per Rapoport..."

Fields making some bonus throws. Usually comes when scouts didn’t like something or missed something so ask him to make some extras. QBs don’t have to, but Fields is having some fun out there. Had a few iffy, especially on the seam, but some very good throws being made.

Fields making some bonus throws. Usually comes when scouts didn’t like something or missed something so ask him to make some extras. QBs don’t have to, but Fields is having some fun out there. Had a few iffy, especially on the seam, but some very good throws being made.
I didn’t see the pro day and frankly I couldn’t tell anyone how a prospect looks as a scout (above my pay grade as a fan), but one Eagles beat writer stated he felt after watching today he believes Fields will end up being the best QB out of this class and that included Trevor Lawrence.

Could be just click bait sure, but interesting.

Last edited:
I didn’t see the pro day and frankly I couldn’t tell anyone how a prospect looks as a scout (above my pay grade as a fan), but one Eagles beat writer stated he felt after watching today he believes Fields will end up be the best QB out of this class and that included Trevor Lawrence.

Could be just click bait sure, but interesting.

He had probably the third best pro day (for QBs) so far, but really right behind BYU QB (and I am only speaking of throws). They were close. He showed some really good pop on his throws and had some nice touch. Underthrew a number of deep balls, which to me is why he got some bonus time, but he is an impressive athlete for sure. Also a competitor, so you dont have to worry about him not wanting to work, regardless of the dollars, so there is that.

The only weakness was the seam route seemed to cause him some issues, which is why I think they had him throw it about 5 times. He lost it out to the right each time like a small fade, but its nothing that will hold him back and can't be fixed.

Back