The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told my wife to go on the 2 sites I regularly frequent (THP and a dental site) and announce my untimely demise if it takes place. She just called me an idiot and walked away. I just don't get women....

LOL - obviously if you gave her those instructions.

Why? I think it's a good thing. Think about it - how else would your online friends know if something happened to you if none of them were also involved in your real life.

i dont know... i just think its sad... i guess my irl friends would know that'd id passed and would post memorials on my facebook... and i know ive invited a few on here but havent seen them posting...

i guess i was picturing the ppl that didnt have any irl friends... sitting all alone... behind their keyboards... in their pj's... not being discovered by anyone for weeks that they had passed on... last logging onto a notification site... :(

I told my wife to go on the 2 sites I regularly frequent (THP and a dental site) and announce my untimely demise if it takes place. She just called me an idiot and walked away. I just don't get women....

Did you give her your login info?

I'm really fighting the temptation to say anything about a guy who frequents sites on those two particular topics.:angel: Just imagine what a forum full of dentists would read like.

I'm really fighting the temptation to say anything about a guy who frequents sites on those two particular topics.:angel: Just imagine what a forum full of dentists would read like.

My thoughts exactly!

We have a Mac so she could just click on the web page and get into it. She just hasn't showed any interest as of yet.
As far as the dental forum, just imagine THP with lots of pocket protectors, horn rimmed glasses and 'Revenge of the Nerds' references.

Spoiler
just imagine THP with lots of pocket protectors, horn rimmed glasses and 'Revenge of the Nerds' references.

That sounds awesome.

Spoiler
"Oh, Hair Pie. Thank You."

Okay, that pretty much wraps this one up. Lets keep it about people that are MIA. We have tons of other banter threads. Or perhaps we should merge this with the banter thread.

Probably should just merge it since you asked us to give those people who are MIA their privacy.

Probably should just merge it since you asked us to give those people who are MIA their privacy.

That was merely my opinion on the subject, but I think it is a good idea to merge it.

SD - it's just the online equivalent of being sent to the "special" classroom. Don't worry - Gasman is usually in here too.

Re: The official Banter Away Thread

no need to be confused.

I'll elaborate.

I find it odd that a site that's meant to be friendly and homey would not allow and/or encourage it's membership to ponder the current existence of some of it's most popular and beloved members?

kind of sad really.

no need to be confused.

I'll elaborate.

I find it odd that a site that's meant to be friendly and homey would not allow and/or encourage it's membership to ponder the current existence of some of it's most popular and beloved members?

kind of sad really.

Where in my post did I ever say that. Where? ALl I said was that peoples lives have a lot of different things going on. Nobody said not to look them up or wonder. My point was that this thread decided to start having regular banter about Revenge of the Nerds and other topics. Perhaps it was better suited for teh banter away thread, since that was what everybody was doing, regardless of the topic!!!

no need to be confused.

I'll elaborate.

kind of sad really.

I think you completely misunderstood the purpose of the merge. We just wanted to take the banter part out of that thread and move it to the banter section. We try to keep the boards clean if we can because new members will often get confused. We never said we would not allow and/or encourage other members to inquire about what happened to other members they enjoyed interacting with. All we said was that we understand that things happen in people's lives that can sometimes take them away from the board. That is all we were saying about that.

Diane said:
That made me laugh.

glad I could provide comedy. I aim to please.

I'm on the batphone so it harder to navigate.... I think it was requested that we should honor their privacy am it was implied that we should....stop the discussion.

and when I say we....I mean the membership. i don't know anyone here...except that one guy.

we'll call him Voldemort.

glad I could provide comedy. I aim to please.

I'm on the batphone so it harder to navigate.... I think it was requested that we should honor their privacy am it was implied that we should....stop the discussion.

and when I say we....I mean the membership. i don't anyone here...except that one guy.

we'll call him Voldemort.

I don't understand your post. I am sorry I have my ditsy moments but I don't understand what you are trying say?

I think it was requested that we should honor their privacy am it was implied that we should....stop the discussion.

Nobody ever said to stop the discussion. The thread was kept open and people chatted about it quite a bit. If i wanted something stopped, i would have closed a thread. However asking "who booger is" from Revenge of the nerds, is hardly anything to do with the topic that was being addressed. Therefore, it was better suited for teh banter thread.

I think you completely misunderstood the purpose of the merge. We just wanted to take the banter part out of that thread and move it to the banter section. We try to keep the boards clean if we can because new members will often get confused. We never said we would not allow and/or encourage other members to inquire about what happened to other members they enjoyed interacting with. All we said was that we understand that things happen in people's lives that can sometimes take them away from the board. That is all we were saying about that.

Nothing wrong with this, nothing about the MIA's were moved.

And about the MIA's, sometimes people need some time away. I did about a month ago too.

so a sliver of off topic discussion after we were asked to respect people's privacy (which I still don't get.....it's not like anyones address was posted so we could send them snail mail) gets it sent to the back room? got it. I thought there were warnings and stuff but maybe not.

like I said....tapatalk isn't as easy to navigate as the real thing so when I went back through the banter thread and couldn't find the post I wanted to quote....I paraphrased.

I guess.....and this I my opinion......that it was implied that any and all discussion should be avoided about missing member. if I am wrong and misinterrpreted....my mistake.

SD, I thought about you today.

Just in case someone is still looking forward to Sunday's NYT's Acrostic:

Spoiler
The solution was a quote from Julia Child, raving about using a blowtorch in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back