The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love bluecheese. As I kid you couldn't pay me to eat it but now I just love it.

I was the same way. Most kids probably don't eat it. We used to eat at this old school WI supper club once in a while when I was a kid. My Dad would get the sour cream roquefort on his salad and I would just cringe. 30-40 years later and I take my own family there, it's in a different place but run by the same family, and I order that dressing and it is Junior Lancer's turn to cringe.

Kevin

I was the same way. Most kids probably don't eat it. We used to eat at this old school WI supper club once in a while when I was a kid. My Dad would get the sour cream roquefort on his salad and I would just cringe. 30-40 years later and I take my own family there, it's in a different place but run by the same family, and I order that dressing and it is Junior Lancer's turn to cringe.

Kevin

I think the flavor is too strong for kids. My dad used to always order blue cheese and I used to cringe too.

Blue Cheese should get its own food group! :alien2:

The best blue cheese dressing can usually be had at a good steak house in the form of a huge glob of really thick sour cream piled with big roquefort crumbles on top of a simple ice cold iceberg salad. It's about the only type of salad I really care to eat.

Kevin

Sounds good, only without the sour cream. That's almost as bad as mayo. Use good mustard on sandwiches instead.

Blue cheese is good, but Stilton is the God of all cheeses.

Whats with the full grown adults who ask for a cup for water at a restaurant and then put soda, lemonade or iced tea in it? Are people really that cheap that they cant spend a buck on a soda? I mean, it is stealing. I just saw two older ladies do this at lunch right now.

Can't say I've seen that yet but that sounds lie a lame thing to do

Whats with the full grown adults who ask for a cup for water at a restaurant and then put soda, lemonade or iced tea in it? Are people really that cheap that they cant spend a buck on a soda? I mean, it is stealing. I just saw two older ladies do this at lunch right now.

Can't say I've seen that yet but that sounds lie a lame thing to do

Maybe I just observe too much. I feel sorry for Gasmam at dinner tonight when I rant about it for an hour. Poor girl.

Funny. I lived near a retirement community that had residents who dined at the local buffet restaurant. When they cleared out early, the waitresses would have to refill all the sugar bowls with the little packets, the salt and pepper shakers would disappear as well as the napkins, silverware, etc. If you showed up after this early crowd, you might not have any condiments at all.

Maybe I just observe too much. I feel sorry for Gasmam at dinner tonight when I rant about it for an hour. Poor girl.

hahahahaa gasmam. That almost slipped by me but then I thought "why would he be feel sorry for himself and rant to himself" Had to go back and read it again before I caught the mam part.

I still cant eat that blue cheese stuff. Most things I really like now that I hated as a kid but not blue cheese. But I'll tear up some awesome sauteed mushrooms! Texas Roadhouse has amazing mushrooms! Not much else is good there though.

Funny. I lived near a retirement community that had residents who dined at the local buffet restaurant. When they cleared out early, the waitresses would have to refill all the sugar bowls with the little packets, the salt and pepper shakers would disappear as well as the napkins, silverware, etc. If you showed up after this early crowd, you might not have any condiments at all.

Yup--and the scary thing is that eventually we will turn into those people.

Where did he go?

Where did he go?

I know there was a thread like this on here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I'm wondering where a few people went, but most notably... Where did Harry go?? Kinda odd he's not around here lately.

Apparently he left without notice. Maybe he has talked to JB or GG but not made anything public.

I miss Harry. :sad:

Merged with the MIA thread. People have different things going on in their life and take them in different directions throughout their life. Sometimes we know and sometimes we dont know. What happens to people outside of the forum should be left outside of the forum for the privacy of those individuals.

Merged with the MIA thread. People have different things going on in their life and take them in different directions throughout their life. Sometimes we know and sometimes we dont know. What happens to people outside of the forum should be left outside of the forum for the privacy of those individuals.

Yes, and I understand. I left for awhile aswell.

I was just wondering if he made it public and I missed it when I took a break.

Sorry if I did anything wrong.

You did not do anything wrong at all Flop. Never an issue.

Yup--and the scary thing is that eventually we will turn into those people.

My Mom says the best thing about getting to her age (83) is that you can say whatever you please. People just think you are senile. She can be as insulting as she likes and no one thinks a thing about it.

I read about a website - I can't recall the name of it - where you can register and then in the unlikely event of your death - they will notify all of your online friends. Given this new world of internet relationships, I can see why there could be a market for this type of business.

My Mom says the best thing about getting to her age (83) is that you can say whatever you please. People just think you are senile. She can be as insulting as she likes and no one thinks a thing about it.

my fave grandmother was hilarious... she would say things that everyone was thinking but wouldnt dare say

I read about a website - I can't recall the name of it - where you can register and then in the unlikely event of your death - they will notify all of your online friends. Given this new world of internet relationships, I can see why there could be a market for this type of business.

that is just... wow... seriously... wow... i dont even know what to say about that but that its pretty sad to even have a service like that

that is just... wow... seriously... wow... i dont even know what to say about that but that its pretty sad to even have a service like that

Why? I think it's a good thing. Think about it - how else would your online friends know if something happened to you if none of them were also involved in your real life.

Let's not jump to conclusions and say Harry died... :D

I miss his sense of humor around here. He always made me laugh.

Maybe he met Sally? :bananadance:

I told my wife to go on the 2 sites I regularly frequent (THP and a dental site) and announce my untimely demise if it takes place. She just called me an idiot and walked away. I just don't get women....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back