The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm
uhhhh
eeeeek

Dear team paradise. Please come here to do your spherical yanking this evening. Thanks.

YUSS!! I don't have hockey Sunday, so I have the opportunity to attempt 90 holes of golf between Friday and Sunday haha!! Oye!!

over/under on 54? Depends on the heat..

YUSS!! I don't have hockey Sunday, so I have the opportunity to attempt 90 holes of golf between Friday and Sunday haha!! Oye!!

over/under on 54? Depends on the heat..

lol ive been trying to do the same heat or no heat... i just did the sister/home course world tour this week... 4 diff courses 4 diff days hahaha

was listening to a radio interview with Lee Trevino this morning on XM. Love how he answered this question:

Mr. Trevino, what scares you?

Heck I grew up on the cotton farms and then spent 4 years in the Marines. I'm not scared of anything inside or outside of the ropes. I could lose it all with no problem because I'm been there before. Actually the one thing that does scare me is this 108 lb red head that I sleep next to every night.

Where's the banter out tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am assuming it's bedtime for everyone already man. I'm up because I just got home from the course. How's your game coming man?

I am assuming it's bedtime for everyone already man. I'm up because I just got home from the course. How's your game coming man?

Coming along pretty well. Shot a 73 yesterday with no driver. The only shots I need to eliminate are thinned shots. That's the only miss I have right now. My buddy tells me I just need to focus at impact more, but I'm going to take some videos tomorrow and see what the GolfTec guys on here have to say.

Unfortunately I'm thinking about not going for my PGA of America teaching pro card anymore and thinking about going back to school and getting a law degree. Last few weeks I was in a real bad place mentally and emotionally feeling like I had already wasted my chances to be successful, but I talked to some people and I'm only 25 so why not go and do what I'd really like to do. Just finally realized it's time to grow up, become an adult, and start getting on with my life.

I hear ya on the thinned shots. When you have an easy opportunity at a green and miss like that, it's a round killer.

I also hear you on the PGA card. I wanted to go for mine but I realized how slim pickens it is for jobs around here with a season that only lasts 4 or so months. If I really wanted to do it Manitoba isn't the place. It is just so hard to make a living doing so.

I hear ya on the thinned shots. When you have an easy opportunity at a green and miss like that, it's a round killer.

I also hear you on the PGA card. I wanted to go for mine but I realized how slim pickens it is for jobs around here with a season that only lasts 4 or so months. If I really wanted to do it Manitoba isn't the place. It is just so hard to make a living doing so.

Come on down to Florida if you really want to do it. Plenty of places here and if you really want to I'll get you a job at Belleair Country Club doing your apprenticeship.

And your dead right, the thinned shots always come after a perfect tee shot and I'm thinking about how easy the shot is to get close to the pin.

Bought an old man putter today. Thisll be fun.

I was just about to go into the other thread you posted about getting a new putter and guess Heavy Putter. Hahaha

You still going to check out my videos of my swing for me? I'm getting video of my swing tomorrow.

Come on down to Florida if you really want to do it. Plenty of places here and if you really want to I'll get you a job at Belleair Country Club doing your apprenticeship.

And your dead right, the thinned shots always come after a perfect tee shot and I'm thinking about how easy the shot is to get close to the pin.

How come exactly you are choosing law over golf F2G? Is the salary aspect of golf steering you away?

Unfortunately I'm thinking about not going for my PGA of America teaching pro card anymore and thinking about going back to school and getting a law degree. Last few weeks I was in a real bad place mentally and emotionally feeling like I had already wasted my chances to be successful, but I talked to some people and I'm only 25 so why not go and do what I'd really like to do. Just finally realized it's time to grow up, become an adult, and start getting on with my life.

F2G, speaking of law school and going that direction a little later on in life...

One of my best friends and my former coach and most recently co-worker (35ish) just left teaching for law school, he's even got two-kids and went for it. Never too late at all. As a matter of fact, I tell myself that all the time lol.

I miss banter and if TP ruins it by yanking here I am personaly holding you responsible Hawk :starwars: :p

Or Vancouver Dent (though Flordia would likely be better job wise. But then we'd have to here about JB kicking you around the course all the time until SWFLA took pity on you and fed you to the Gators). While there's quite a number of PGA Pro's out here already, a lot of them suck at teaching. If you're a good instructor, getting a job would be easy and we do have an 10.5 to 11 month season. While we're at it, F2G should move here too. You'd fit right in here IMO

Law school eh? I did excellent on my LSAT's but decided I didn't want that life. My dad is a fancy pants chef and I saw what working 80-90 hours a week does to your family. Shiny toys are great and all but I want someone to enjoy them with. Depends on the type of law one practices anyways

How come exactly you are choosing law over golf F2G? Is the salary aspect of golf steering you away?

It's not the salary aspect at all actually. It's sort of complicated, but I'll try to explain it shortly. I'm actually very smart (I hate saying that, it sounds so toolish). Almost aced the SATs, absolutely love learning, love writing papers, love doing research, etc.. For me college and law school are very easy. I also love nothing more (maybe golf) than debating semantics and whatnot. Also, everyone in my life knows this and they love to tell me how I'm wasting my talents. I feel if I don't go and do it I'm just being lazy and trying to take the easy way out which is what I've been doing my whole life (selling weed, making minuscule money off surfing sponsors, and many other lazy attempts at making fast money). If I don't do it I'll probably never be able to be happy with myself and I don't want to be the guy that looks back and regrets not doing it. I kind of need it to validate myself. Not sure if that's a healthy mindset, but I feel it's what I need to. Does that even make sense?

Makes total sense man and I totally get it.. but isn't it about pleasing yourself and doing what you want to do rather than doing what others want you to do? If not why not do both?

ST I really want to move to Vancouver very badly. I certainly don't want to practice personal injury or anything of that nature. I'd like to handle maybe corporate litigation or something along those lines. My father was a "chef" himself, but he's a loser and could never have the work ethic for it. He just used his parents money to repeatedly open up horrible restaurant ideas and fail. I actually had a huge trust fund from that side of the family, but when I was 16 I realized I didn't like my father and didn't want anything to do with his side of the family so I gave up my trust fund and cut ties to that side of my family. Might not have been the best idea since I believe my TF was at $65 mil when I last saw the paperwork when I was 14, but it was invested so maybe some the stock market collapse drained it (I'm not quite sure how trust funds work exactly), but that's what I tell myself to help ease the pain. Haha

Makes total sense man and I totally get it.. but isn't it about pleasing yourself and doing what you want to do rather than doing what others want you to do? If not why not do both?

It's not exactly what others want me to do it's just so rough when you run into someone from growing up and they're like "so what are you up to these days? Are you a lawyer or CFO by now?" and u have to answer no I just finally quit smoking pot, moved back in with my mom, and am about to start working in an insurance company for crap money. It just makes me think "man why did I think partying, surfing, girls, and fast money were more important than school?". I feel if I don't do it, it will just eat at me for the rest of my life.

I just picked up on what your avatar is. Just finished reading Fairway to Hell by the same author which was rather amusing.

You by the way sound like me, except for the whole trust fund thing heh. I'd say do the law school thing at this point. As you mentioned you don't want to be the guy who looks back and regrets not doing it when you know you could have. Nothing good comes from that. "They" also say go for the job you love and it sounds this would be right up your alley in that regard. I'm not quite there yet but I'm finally starting to figure it out.

It's not the salary aspect at all actually. It's sort of complicated, but I'll try to explain it shortly. I'm actually very smart (I hate saying that, it sounds so toolish). Almost aced the SATs, absolutely love learning, love writing papers, love doing research, etc.. For me college and law school are very easy. I also love nothing more (maybe golf) than debating semantics and whatnot. Also, everyone in my life knows this and they love to tell me how I'm wasting my talents. I feel if I don't go and do it I'm just being lazy and trying to take the easy way out which is what I've been doing my whole life (selling weed, making minuscule money off surfing sponsors, and many other lazy attempts at making fast money). If I don't do it I'll probably never be able to be happy with myself and I don't want to be the guy that looks back and regrets not doing it. I kind of need it to validate myself. Not sure if that's a healthy mindset, but I feel it's what I need to. Does that even make sense?

i know lots of lawyers that smoke pot... i play golf with them lol

i must clarify that i do not in any way shape or form smoke the devils weed/ mary jane/ loco smoko/ pakahowlow?lolo!
hahha

Anytime.
I was just about to go into the other thread you posted about getting a new putter and guess Heavy Putter. Hahaha

You still going to check out my videos of my swing for me? I'm getting video of my swing tomorrow.

I used to sell it to plenty of them and plenty of doctors too. I don't think it's a bad thing at all once you've already finished with your schooling and all the hard work. Sometimes people want to relax a little bit. I look at smoking a little a pot the same as I do having a few beers. But, I've never seen someone become belligerent or go cause a horrible car crash from smoking a joint and I've seen that plenty of times from alcohol. I'm sure this won't be well received on here, but that's how I feel and have no problem sharing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back