The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly people wanted these covers no? they sell out in hours...

Comparing Scotty Camerons covers to one from one golf forum in terms of holding value is asinine. First off, these dont cost $100 bucks to begin with, secondly there aren't NEAR as many on THP as there are Scotty fans. I guess you get some sort of satisfaction leaving your hole and coming over and trolling here, but I don't get it.

as for your 'hole' comment...i'm not trolling, it was a legit question b/c i was wondering what ppl were thinking...

Nope. Not falling for it.

Um incase you havent checked people want these and your statement shows you havent........If someone who had some of these put them up for sale they would sell out instantly. How do I know this because ive seen it happen. People put ISO posts looking for covers. I understand you do not get it and I hope someday you will. If you get a chance to ever make it to a THP event ill bet your mind would change and hope you do some day.

You don't know nor realize i've been to an event.

as for your 'hole' comment...i'm not trolling, it was a legit question b/c i was wondering what ppl were thinking...

Oh yes I imagine you have waited this long to come back over to THP and start wondering why people want these covers? Why do people want any covers? They think they are cool I would assume.

Why does someone buy a Scotty Cameron headcover with a Crawfish on it, or Odysseys headcover with skulls? Neither of those are golf-themed, but yet people pay 100 bucks+ for them. The THP ones are popular here because they are affordable and people enjoy representing this site when they play golf. Not sure it is difficult to understand.

Just to be blunt here, I dont know why everyone is engaging in this conversation. He is from another site. He came here to start trouble and get people riled up. No matter what you say, it wont matter. I believe the term dont feed the troll applies here.

What were we thinking?

We were thinking the THP putter covers are f**king cool.

Any more questions?

You don't know nor realize i've been to an event.

Glad you have been. Usually people with the view you have, have not been. I get you do not like the covers that being said a lot of us here do and enjoy having something different that we enjoy and that supports our community. But Im going to go play golf now.

Oh yes I imagine you have waited this long to come back over to THP and start wondering why people want these covers? Why do people want any covers? They think they are cool I would assume.

Why does someone buy a Scotty Cameron headcover with a Crawfish on it, or Odysseys headcover with skulls? Neither of those are golf-themed, but yet people pay 100 bucks+ for them. The THP ones are popular here because they are affordable and people enjoy representing this site when they play golf. Not sure it is difficult to understand.

well to answer your statement - i have posted to THP (See FS threads)...and honestly yes, i wondered. this line of putters, as you know, is a different take for you guys...

i don't honestly know why ppl buy scotty ones with crawfish, potatoes, etc on it...but if you don't ask...you'll never find out ...right?

so i asked...

I think the proper thing would have just been to say that the putter covers are not your cup of tea. I am not a huge fan of them myself, but I can see why people want them. Its all a personal preference.

No need to go on a rant about how idiotic they are.

There is no difference in a food cover than a sports cover. My Colts headcover has NOTHING to do with golf, but it shows some personality and is a great conversation piece. It is unique and not in any way a golf related item.

What were we thinking?

We were thinking the THP putter covers are f**king cool.

Any more questions?

thank you for your feedback!

well to answer your statement - i have posted to THP (See FS threads)...and honestly yes, i wondered. this line of putters, as you know, is a different take for you guys...

i don't honestly know why ppl buy scotty ones with crawfish, potatoes, etc on it...but if you don't ask...you'll never find out ...right?

so i asked...

And your question has been answered. Thanks for stopping by

Just to be blunt here, I dont know why everyone is engaging in this conversation. He is from another site. He came here to start trouble and get people riled up. No matter what you say, it wont matter. I believe the term dont feed the troll applies here.

dev, i'm a member here as well, actually a previous albatross club member as well. i'm not a troll, so pidgeon-holing me as such is not only unwarranted but, quite frankly unfair and un-"family"...

dev, i'm a member here as well, actually a previous albatross club member as well. i'm not a troll, so pidgeon-holing me as such is not only unwarranted but, quite frankly unfair and un-"family"...

I'm not pidgeon holing you, you are doing a very good job of showing everyone the type of person you are. I just was letting everyone else know that if they stop interacting with you, you will just go away and head back to your friends and get your high fives for doing such a great trolling job. Congrats!

There is no difference in a food cover than a sports cover. My Colts headcover has NOTHING to do with golf, but it shows some personality and is a great conversation piece. It is unique and not in any way a golf related item.
Nailed it! It's a great conversation piece. From a marketing standpoint, these covers are invaluable for both the THP and SeeMore brands. I never knew how many people from Oklahoma played golf in the Southeast until I started sporting my University of Oklahoma golf bag. Now I meet someone from Oklahoma just about every time I go to the course. I have had people comment on my THP bag tag and that's pretty nondescript ... I can only imagine the conversation that will be generated by my sushi cover.

I'm not pidgeon holing you, you are doing a very good job of showing everyone the type of person you are. I just was letting everyone else know that if they stop interacting with you, you will just go away and head back to your friends and get your high fives for doing such a great trolling job. Congrats!

...you called me a troll, told me with less words that i'm basically unwelcomed b/c i'm from another site and now you're being condecending...

but you're right, the lesson here should be 'oh that guy from the other place came over and ruffled feathers by questioning our headcovers' instead of - if you're not from THP and don't have a similar viewpoint, we will call you a troll, make an example of you and toss you aside...

congrats, you've made your point.

...you called me a troll, told me with less words that i'm basically unwelcomed b/c i'm from another site and now you're being condecending...

but you're right, the lesson here should be 'oh that guy from the other place came over and ruffled feathers by questioning our headcovers' instead of - if you're not from THP and don't have a similar viewpoint, we will call you a troll, make an example of you and toss you aside...

You havent posted in MONTHS and come back just to "criticize" something that people enjoy and have had nothing nice to say about THP or JB for a very long time. Please dont play the innocent victim card with me. I'm not falling for it.

Thanks Blu this song is like freaking its a small world. All I can hear is my niece singing this song in my head now. Its going to be stuck all day. DANG YOU!

You havent posted in MONTHS and come back just to "criticize" something that people enjoy and have had nothing nice to say about THP or JB for a very long time. Please dont play the innocent victim card with me. I'm not falling for it.

Wow, this is an entertaining Friday morning. Fight! Fight! Fight!

let it go guys.

Siigghhhhh.....

And there went a perfectly decent Friday morning..

What is the other site you guys are talking about? I am always wanting to talk equipment. I found this one because I am a huge Callaway fan and was told they support them here.

Have You Seen This One For the Clapper? I Mean, Have You Seen This? Who are the ad wizards who came up with that one?

What is the other site you guys are talking about? I am always wanting to talk equipment. I found this one because I am a huge Callaway fan and was told they support them here.

forums.colts.com

Have You Seen This One For the Clapper? I Mean, Have You Seen This? Who are the ad wizards who came up with that one?

i know right?! i'll take hilarity over hypocracy...

sorry, you swung first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back