The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a personal pet peeve. I can't stand it either. I think my wife is at 23,345
It literally drives me insane

It literally drives me insane

Oh man my brother from another mother...Me too. I literally need a clean box with folders where things go. Stuff sitting there drives me insane.

I cannot leave the office ( my choice) until all emails have been viewed, responded to and/or flagged for future action. Drives me nuts to have stuff in my in box that I haven't addressed.

It's a personal pet peeve. I can't stand it either. I think my wife is at 23,345

My daughters phone is like that. I can't look at it. I think she does it on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an email from American to be at the airport at least 3 hours early on Monday due to Jonas. Should be awesome.

Perhaps a sign of an early spring? 1*C currently and raining out.....

Come on, lets get this snow melted and courses opened!

Haha it's like unread emails. Drives me nuts. That's why I don't look at my wife's phone, her email icon has a red circle with 9999 on it lol

So this would drive you insane?

936a7f5756738b40ad2dca54bfcfe21b.jpg

29588457583306f49a66c66bb9905488.jpg

Oh man, that would literally kill me.

So this would drive you insane?

936a7f5756738b40ad2dca54bfcfe21b.jpg

29588457583306f49a66c66bb9905488.jpg

But...how? Haha. Oh man I can't take that. My moms phone is like that and I came real close to going through and just marking everything read to get them off of there.

I was annoyed just looking at my screen with the notification in settings about there being an update, and I wasn't on wifi to do it.

126k emails, what the heck man. It's like you're not even trying to read them.

But...how? Haha. Oh man I can't take that. My moms phone is like that and I came real close to going through and just marking everything read to get them off of there.

Well I get about 5x that amount it is not uncommon for me to have 100 work emails just to my work address on a given day so those are just what I choose not to read. That number does not include spam or any advertising emails either.
The missed calls I dont answer for a lot of people so that explains that bubble my other phone has far more missed calls and texts on it.

Oh man. That's like putting nails on a chalkboard. I could handle that

I can't do it. I hate notifications. I kept getting a notification from the PGA tour app and couldn't figure out why. I is it removed it

I feel good about my 6k emails I've not looked at.

Someone asked me yesterday about THP and heritage events and how we are ever changing evolving and I said how important heritage is/was, but that as things evolve, you can take all of the good and improve on it by removing the bad.

But something hit me after that conversation...

2016 is getting pretty well set. Its beyond anything we ever dreamt possible 8 years ago. Well we did dream it, but thought it was a pipe dream. The events, the prizes, the testing and so much more is something straight out of some weird alternate reality.

But as I am working on the future, the word classic pops into my head a lot.
Whether that be Heritage (been used) or what, I do not know yet, but we never forget and its going to be pretty cool I have a feeling.

It may have just hit me. But I cant possibly start on 2017 yet with 2016 not finished...haha

Never hurts to be planning the future while dominating the present though.

Thanks dude. I have learned a few things as I continue to get older and wiser dumber.
1. If they copy you, every couple of years, you are doing something right.
2. If they are talking about you after a number of years, but still click, you are doing something right.
3. If you put all aside and keep moving forward, you are doing something right.

But heritage has a nice ring to it, and giving the people that missed some things that were epic, done with the right people, and the right way you can create something pretty awesome.

2017 - Time to go retro. I like it.

It may have just hit me. But I cant possibly start on 2017 yet with 2016 not finished...haha

It takes time sometimes to appreciate how brilliant something was, or to see past the bad parts to get back to the parts that were really good. Anything that comes back will be undoubtably better than it was because there will be some aspect of the newer events that can be incorporated into it. There have been so many things tried at this point as the envelope has been continually pushed. Can't do them all every year, but there is no doubt that everything is moving in a positive direction.

Anything resurrected can wait until it's proper time, whether 2017 is that time or beyond. The home office and staff blow us away every day with the details that go into every event, and while some may non-maliciously question something, they will eventually understand the trust the rest of us have in you all, and the benefits we all reap accordingly.

You are too kind Donne.
Way too kind.

I was thinking maybe I was losing my mind...But you are right, sometimes when you see all of the great people here talking about things they want to experience, you realize with good folks and tweaks, it can be done.

If anyone can, you can.

Thanks dude. I have learned a few things as I continue to get older and wiser dumber.
1. If they copy you, every couple of years, you are doing something right.
2. If they are talking about you after a number of years, but still click, you are doing something right.
3. If you put all aside and keep moving forward, you are doing something right.

But heritage has a nice ring to it, and giving the people that missed some things that were epic, done with the right people, and the right way you can create something pretty awesome.

I agree it would be nice to see some things come back. I see some things talked about on here that were before my time and I wish I could have been a part of them. That said evolving and pushing the envelope means so much in this industry

Agree w Donne.
Looking back, after allowing some time to pass, you can see some really great things have happened. Sure, things change, but that doesn't mean that the experiences and the events weren't great in their own way.
And if you decide to resurrect and bring back an "oldie but goodie", I am sure that it will be better than the original and nostalgic feelings from the earlier experience still being present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back