The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone can, you can.

I've come to believe that over my short time here. I keep asking myself how, then he goes and takes it up another notch.

I love it when Donne steps in and gives his wisdom out for free. Clear mind, full heart.......

I love it when Donne steps in and gives his wisdom out for free. Clear mind, full heart.......
...can't lose.

If anyone can, you can.

Thanks dude.
I have always had really good people around me.
Even that mikedean guy.

I agree it would be nice to see some things come back. I see some things talked about on here that were before my time and I wish I could have been a part of them. That said evolving and pushing the envelope means so much in this industry

True story.
I just turned to GG and said "Let me ask you something...And dont get mad".
She rolled her eyes, but kind of agrees if done right.

She does bring up a good point though, many times it feels like events have gone away, but really have evolved into something better.

And from one of the most genuine people I have ever had the privilege of meeting and spending time with.

You are too kind Donne.
Way too kind.

I was thinking maybe I was losing my mind...But you are right, sometimes when you see all of the great people here talking about things they want to experience, you realize with good folks and tweaks, it can be done.

I say all that honestly. When you step back and think of the things you all have tried to pull off, with never hand-picking the participants (and almost always having folks who don't have a clue what they are getting into until they are already selected), it is damn near miraculous that the WORST event was still at least 75-80% perfect. Of course hindsight shows improvements, minor or major.

If you think I am being too kind, just think about all the events last year, how many unique people attended, how quickly almost every one of them sold out and had a waiting list, and how the near universal response was being thrilled and engrossed with the experience and value of it. Look at the demand year over year (eventually realizing you can't keep piling on to your own plate too much more). As someone who watches from outside the staff, it is amazing to see how it has exploded in just over FIVE years.

I like what I am reading.

Ideas. Those are fun.

I say all that honestly. When you step back and think of the things you all have tried to pull off, with never hand-picking the participants (and almost always having folks who don't have a clue what they are getting into until they are already selected), it is damn near miraculous that the WORST event was still at least 75-80% perfect. Of course hindsight shows improvements, minor or major.

If you think I am being too kind, just think about all the events last year, how many unique people attended, how quickly almost every one of them sold out and had a waiting list, and how the near universal response was being thrilled and engrossed with the experience and value of it. Look at the demand year over year (eventually realizing you can't keep piling on to your own plate too much more). As someone who watches from outside the staff, it is amazing to see how it has exploded in just over FIVE years.

Thank you for that.
It is funny, that I only look at the failures, and not the successes. I have some wonderful friends that tell me to stop it, worry about the 80%, but I cant and maybe that is why I never stop. I have learned along the way you will never please everybody, and despite whats thought, we wont stop trying. As I said, if after a few years, people are still talking about you, constantly, than you did something right with an impact on their life.

The internet is a strange place, because opinions come in all forms, including some pretty nasty stuff. Stuff we didnt know existed until starting THP, but you live and learn and I have always said I cant look back, only forward as it pertains to the community of people here. I get misty eyed once in a while when something goes off near perfection and think "Holy guacamole, how did that happen". The answer is simple, because of the people here. It sounds cliche, but at the end of the day, we can plan the perfect event, but if the people dont have fun, make it miserable, or have their own agenda, it doesnt matter. Yet at the same time, the people here can take simple planning of a great time and elevate it into near perfection.

I like what I am reading.

I have a feeling you will.
Ideas. Those are fun.

Proud to be a part of this. Even prouder to be trusted to help make it run.

I haven't been around all that long but from where I sit THP is like a freight train barrelling down the tracks of progress. It's hard to keep up with all the new stuff sometimes but I'm just happy to be along for the ride.

Proud to be a part of this. Even prouder to be trusted to help make it run.
I think the same thing often. Was just telling Cookie I hit 6 years here this week, and it seems like only yesterday.

People have come and gone, things have changed, but its always remained about the whole and not the few. That's THP, the whole.

I can't wait to see what 2017 holds, and I can't wait to enjoy the ride of 2016 on the way.

Just reading about some of these events which look pretty awesome IMHO.Wondering if these benefit guys that don't have a local group that travels to golf.But this forum opens an avenue to have a group awaiting the attendees instead of traveling solo and matching up with strangers at these destinations?Looks like the cheaper price discounts as a group also attract many to these events.
Wonder if people who just browse this forum also get ideas where to vacation from these events?.They than go to these golf destinations with their own group or as a single to try these courses on their own.Im reading last years Gauntlet now as i will be playing Cog Hill Dubs Dread this summer for the first time.Would enjoy to read threads from golfers who played these courses with their own groups or as a solo.Maybe their already are threads like this,just not sure where to look

Just off'd my beard. First time since I believe June. Now on the way to the airport feeling awkward. PGA Show here I come.

Just off'd my beard. First time since I believe June. Now on the way to the airport feeling awkward. PGA Show here I come.

I like it. Clean shaven and ready to be the talent on air this week.

I know the feeling! I hacked mine off after 2-3 years

I know the feeling! I hacked mine off after 2-3 years
I usually do it a few times a year. First shave is always interesting

Are you rolling with Blue Steel this week or Magnum?
Blue Steel. Got to tame the beast before you let it out of the cage.

Blue Steel. Got to tame the beast before you let it out of the cage.

Le Tigre never gets the love it deserves

The beard will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back