The Official Banter Away Thread

Makes sense.
Good luck with it, I know working from home is not for everybody, but some cities, especially with offices downtown, I wouldnt want to drive into work right now. :eek:
We've had a bunch of our employees actually struggle making the transition as they are very extroverted and miss the face to face interaction.

Mandatory work from home until July 1, 2021.

This should probably be a Happy because it gives relief from the kids school situation but it feels more Rant worthy....this is rough.
I found out yesterday January 2021 we will reassess. I feel like it will be more like the May - July 2021 range.

We've had a bunch of our employees actually struggle making the transition as they are very extroverted and miss the face to face interaction.
I'm relatively introverted and I am struggling with it. I could totally work from home 75% of the time going forward but I need to be around people at least 1-2 days a week. I could see moving to a 3-4 day a week in the office every week and then home for 1-2 days a week.

Makes sense.
Good luck with it, I know working from home is not for everybody, but some cities, especially with offices downtown, I wouldnt want to drive into work right now. :eek:
Yep. The CEO also mentioned this. Said it was probably safe for employees to be at work during the day but not at night. I wouldn't know...I haven't been downtown (11 miles away) in 5 months. That is so weird...downtown used to be like maybe NYC 50 years ago, it was very common to go for drinks or dinner or a show

Yep. The CEO also mentioned this. Said it was probably safe for employees to be at work during the day but not at night. I wouldn't know...I haven't been downtown (11 miles away) in 5 months. That is so weird...downtown used to be like maybe NYC 50 years ago, it was very common to go for drinks or dinner or a show
Yeah, we are going to a test program for all backoffice people. 20 people a day rotating. Not sure if I want to volunteer or not because I am don't really feel like being tested twice a week and having to wear a hazard suit while I sit at my desk. I honestly think January is going to be shocking. Just don't see it before next summer until there is a vaccine or a cure that is readily available. I also know that we are seeing the benefit of space with people at home.

I'm relatively introverted and I am struggling with it. I could totally work from home 75% of the time going forward but I need to be around people at least 1-2 days a week. I could see moving to a 3-4 day a week in the office every week and then home for 1-2 days a week.
I am a huge introvert and I always thought working at home would be 1000% the best thing ever. About halfway through day 3 I was really in rough shape. You don't realize how important the little things are, even just passing by a coworker's office, giving a nod or whatever. Staring at the same four walls for 8 hours will drive even the strongest to insanity.

Do NOT try to multitask and continue to read THP whilst enjoying a prusciutto flatbread drizzled in honey. I may need to order a new trackpad for my laptop now.

Why do the delivery trucks always come right after I let the dogs out to pee?

I am a huge introvert and I always thought working at home would be 1000% the best thing ever. About halfway through day 3 I was really in rough shape. You don't realize how important the little things are, even just passing by a coworker's office, giving a nod or whatever. Staring at the same four walls for 8 hours will drive even the strongest to insanity.
Totally. Even if it 10 minutes of idle conversation that has nothing to do with work. I need that. I try to do it with my team on Zoom but it just isn't the same. They are all in the same boat. All of them want to come back at least 50% of the time.

It looks like I may be able to get a pot filler in my new kitchen, I know that probably seems so silly to most of you, but I am so damn excited!
When we moved into our current house I had to ask my wife why there was a faucet over the stove. 😆 She loves it though.

When we moved into our current house I had to ask my wife why there was a faucet over the stove. 😆 She loves it though.
I always thought it was there just in case there was a fire on the stove. Shows you how cultured I am.

I always thought it was there just in case there was a fire on the stove. Shows you how cultured I am.
I guess we’re at about the same level of “culture”, that was my first thought too!

I guess we’re at about the same level of “culture”, that was my first thought too!
Don't feel bad guys, I had to Google it when GG mentioned it.

Ours (the neck slides in/out like a trombone):

Filler.jpg

Installed one of these a few years ago and minus the occasional 'actual' use to put water into a pot, mine is used more so as a 'towel' rack than a pot filler.... :rolleyes:

Now they need to invent a pot sucker with a built in glasses defogger. Emptying the pasta water out is such a pain!

Don't feel bad guys, I had to Google it when GG mentioned it.

I am the same. I thought it was a medicinal marijuana subscription or something. Now I know what the faucet by the stove is on those home improvement shows. That is a cool idea; wish I would have thought of it!

Well my regular doctor set me up to meet with an orthopedic doctor tomorrow for my back issues. Hopefully we can get this figured out. I had to have my wife help me get off the floor a couple nights ago. That's not super enjoyable to experience.

Some days i get odd requests at work. Today is one of those days. I just had request for a backdrop that featured women's breasts :oops: So its my task to find the perfect pair :LOL:

Some days i get odd requests at work. Today is one of those days. I just had request for a backdrop that featured women's breasts :oops: So its my task to find the perfect pair :LOL:

Dude, I told you chicken breasts.
Get your mind out of the gutter :LOL:

Back