The Official Banter Away Thread

Haha. That’s my wife. She was a senior manager for KPMG and despite how many times we explained to family what she did, it was always “I bet Anne is busy with the tax season right now.” She is now the VP of Corporate Finance at a $2 billion Multinational company so she doesn’t get the accountant tax Response anymore.
Totally. I can explain what I do. Tell people I have never done taxes in my life. Inevitably when it is April 15th I get questions for tax advice and any quarter end when I am closing the books I get oh it must be tax season or I didn't know taxes were done this time of year. :dohanim:

Just watched about 10 minutes of 2 cats vs. moth. Cats were ultimately victorious. I can’t remember the last time I laughed that hard.

Odd colors currently. Fires burning in every direction. That’s smoke, all smoke. 669AD40B-3E43-4D00-9292-4389168AB8BD.jpeg

10pm video conference with Japan..... not sure they want to physically see me under normal circumstances, but since I've had roughly a bottle of wine and a couple beers celebrating my son's birthday (and honestly forgot about the meeting until 15 mins ago) I'll elect to keep the camera off :oops:

10pm video conference with Japan..... not sure they want to physically see me under normal circumstances, but since I've had roughly a bottle of wine and a couple beers celebrating my son's birthday (and honestly forgot about the meeting until 15 mins ago) I'll elect to keep the camera off :oops:
Every morning I have a meeting first thing that requires cameras on.. And every morning I wonder whose bright idea this was. :(

I'm always amazed (and I shouldn't be) at the credit rating process. They kill you for over utilization, and they kill you for paying off accounts. It's comical the drop in credit rating for paying off credit card debt.

Forget rum, why are the brownies gone?!

It looks like I may be able to get a pot filler in my new kitchen, I know that probably seems so silly to most of you, but I am so damn excited!
In the span of a few weeks I went from not knowing what a pot filler was, to thinking they were silly, to absolutely needing one! Unfortunately, I’m still stuck in the absolutely needing one phase 😆

It looks like I may be able to get a pot filler in my new kitchen, I know that probably seems so silly to most of you, but I am so damn excited!
Hmmm, you got me wondering if it would be worth it in our new kitchen now.....

In the span of a few weeks I went from not knowing what a pot filler was, to thinking they were silly, to absolutely needing one! Unfortunately, I’m still stuck in the absolutely needing one phase 😆

It's something I have always wanted, but never had the opportunity to have until now. It may seem silly, but I am pretty damn excited about it.

Hmmm, you got me wondering if it would be worth it in our new kitchen now.....

I will let you know in a few short weeks if it's worth it. I hope it is, because I am really excited about it.

It's something I have always wanted, but never had the opportunity to have until now. It may seem silly, but I am pretty damn excited about it.

I will let you know in a few short weeks if it's worth it. I hope it is, because I am really excited about it.
Justifiably excited! If my wife doesn’t do a fellowship and we don’t have to move in two years, kitchen update (and pot filler) are on the short list of updates for the house. Can’t wait to see the finished product when yours is installed!

That works out great - we are still in the design phase, along with the building work going on, so there would be time to decide if we needed a water feed to the new part of the kitchen :)

Justifiably excited! If my wife doesn’t do a fellowship and we don’t have to move in two years, kitchen update (and pot filler) are on the short list of updates for the house. Can’t wait to see the finished product when yours is installed!

I will definitely post pictures. New lighting went up yesterday, and new cabinet hardware is being installed today. That means tomorrow I can FINALLY unpack my kitchen stuff.

My kitchen isn't ideal for that but a friend just remodeled his kitchen and put one in for his wife, its really freaking cool! I bet you love it

My kitchen isn't ideal for that but a friend just remodeled his kitchen and put one in for his wife, its really freaking cool! I bet you love it

This is making me even more excited now! The contractor just cut the hole in the drywall so there's no turning back now haha.

I was hoping for one of those when we moved, but the house we found didn't have one. I mean, the sink is directly across from the stove, but still. Need that aristocrat feature.

When people ask what I do and I say accountant I don't even bother explaining what I do when they say oh, you must be busy with taxes. I just nod and say yes.

Its perfect when I say accountant they say taxes i just say yes!

Mandatory work from home until July 1, 2021.

This should probably be a Happy because it gives relief from the kids school situation but it feels more Rant worthy....this is rough.

This should probably be a Happy because it gives relief from the kids school situation but it feels more Rant worthy....this is rough.

Someone must have a magic 8 ball.

Wow that’s extremely proactive? Although I guess it’s nice to have some firm guidance. We’re still flying by the seat of our pants with minimal updates.

Someone must have a magic 8 ball.
They said it is to help employees deal with school stuff. I think we may be Portland's biggest employer. Company leadership is usually pretty connected and dialed in with elected officials...so yeah, they are probably getting some advance guidance.

Wow that’s extremely proactive? Although I guess it’s nice to have some firm guidance. We’re still flying by the seat of our pants with minimal updates.
That's us as well. They've assured us we'll get at least a 30 day notice but so far it seems like they are in a wait and see mode

They said it is to help employees deal with school stuff. I think we may be Portland's biggest employer. Company leadership is usually pretty connected and dialed in with elected officials...so yeah, they are probably getting some advance guidance.

Makes sense.
Good luck with it, I know working from home is not for everybody, but some cities, especially with offices downtown, I wouldnt want to drive into work right now. :eek:

Back