The Official Banter Away Thread

been working 12-14 hours a day since march as we are essential bottle and container suppliers for hand sanitizer and medical companies.....finally seeing the hours cut down. Got a ton of THPing to get caught up on
Take a much needed week off too

R.I.P. Back to School and Corona Thread 08/29/20-08/31/20

You ever get that round that goes sooo smoothly except for a few shots you want to re run it the very next day?

Man that would be awesome to put everything together and have a better read on the greens....

Daughter lost her first tooth. She was so excited. She's getting so big. Crazy how fast it is.

So my daughter has been doing a deep cleaning of her home prior the arrival of her firstborn and found some serious clothes moth infestations. She called today all excited because she found some parasitic wasps that eat only the clothes moth larvae, don't bug people (sorry), and die when there are no larvae. SHe got enough for three treatment cycles of a 2,200 sf home for $80. Better her than me.

Cleveland is killing it with the putters from HB soft frontline and premier!

It’s funny.

I have been working remotely for 6 months now, really sucks, but find myself continuing to get up and get ready just like I would if going to the office. I don’t wear business formal anymore, but I still get dressed business casual everyday. I would just feel too depressed if I didn’t get out of my Jammie clothes and into regular clothes each day.

Routine has become get showered, dress like I am going to play golf, and to the basement for the next 8-9 hours. Fun times.

It’s funny.

I have been working remotely for 6 months now, really sucks, but find myself continuing to get up and get ready just like I would if going to the office. I don’t wear business formal anymore, but I still get dressed business casual everyday. I would just feel too depressed if I didn’t get out of my Jammie clothes and into regular clothes each day.

Routine has become get showered, dress like I am going to play golf, and to the basement for the next 8-9 hours. Fun times.

Routine is important to be productive.

It’s funny.

haha, as a 10+ year vet of working from home, I am a sweat pants and shirt kind of guy now.

My favorite? Going out shopping with the wife, bringing a new pair of sweats to the checkout, and telling her "I needed some new work clothes"

...gets her every time, full rage hahahaha

It’s funny.

I now work from home every other day, which is kind of annoying but whatever. Being that I work from home and watch a 7-month old on those days, routine has been so important to me. Days when he sleeps until 8-9 is huge. Gives me time to get my stuff set up downstairs, which includes some toys for him. But also allows me to get my coffee going, hop in the shower, and change in to my work attire....which are shorts and a t-shirt haha

The first couple of months I would just wake up and work in what I woke up in until later in the morning. Yeah, that was no bueno for the self moral.

Routine is important to be productive.
This is key. I have taken over the guest bedroom as my home office and every day follow my routine. If I don't the days get long and work doesn't get finished in time.

It’s funny.

I do not like working from home. I have been working from home since last Tuesday because I am subject to NY’s 14 day precautionary quarantine because I traveled to Florida. However, I do approach each day as if I were going to the office. The only difference is that I wear shorts with my button down dress shirt. I’m able to go back the office Tuesday. I’ll miss being able to wear shorts; I won’t miss working from home:

I wear shorts and a golf shirt. Management is now encouraging video cams for Teams calls and conferences. I've been home since mid-March and much prefer the privacy of my home office to the boiler room atmosphere of our cube farm. I miss the in-person interactions, but never the background noise. It's hard to come across as professional when you're discussing a $5MM spend and your background sounds like a theater audience before the curtain rises.

Besides, I knowthat when I return to my cube, I will have to evict one VP or another. How do I know this? Every time in my career that we have gone from individual offices to cubicles, the VP has said some or all of "I love cubicles . . . . I miss cubicles . . . I miss the collaboration . . . ." I figure that since I've been out of there for five months, one of those VPs would be occupying my prestigious corner cube by now.

Went to grab breakfast on the way to work, and happened to have McD's coupons.
BOGO Breakfast sandwiches.

Does not apply to Sausage McMuffins.

What kind of tomfoolery is this? 3 basic types of McMuffins, and one is ineligible? Come On!

Went to grab breakfast on the way to work, and happened to have McD's coupons.
BOGO Breakfast sandwiches.

Does not apply to Sausage McMuffins.

What kind of tomfoolery is this? 3 basic types of McMuffins, and one is ineligible? Come On!
Same here. I was told it was because Sausage McMuffins were on sale 2 for $4. :confused:

After 35 years my favorite pizza place finally let me down.
I don't get to visit as much as I use too.
But my last visit I felt i was eating plain bread with rubber like cheese.
Hoping it's a covid thing and it's not going to be the norm.
I only have 3 favorite restaurants sad days...
f07e1011c8cffa1f1c7dc2d3891662b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I may do something very out of my normal. I know the local shop is looking for someone to work Sundays this winter. Work would mostly entail setting up and managing individuals and groups (e.g., league teams) hitting in the 3 gcquad sim bays. I am good with my hands and could, I imagine, help with some modest shop work on clubs. Potentially more over time. Minimal inventory but some retail sales. Fitting setups from Callaway, Taylormade, Ping, and Mizuno. Yada, yada. I would do it for passion, learning, and access. Downside is making that commitment of time. I have a high level career with some visibility. I do have sales experience — from the 1980’s. ;) Hmm. IDK. Maybe. Owner may also not hire me. I might be too social and too geeky. 🤪

Good Morning THPers!

I havnt been able to play much golf this year for various reasons, but I was able to get up and walk 9 this morning with a group of guys. Enjoyed it

Happy to get to play golf today, its only been a week but it feels so much longer

I didn't know Miley Cyrus was Billy Ray Cyrus's daughter. Not sure if I should have and the knowledge doesn't impact me at all. But thanks Yahoo.

I didn't know Miley Cyrus was Billy Ray Cyrus's daughter. Not sure if I should have and the knowledge doesn't impact me at all. But thanks Yahoo.

Both look like I would need a shot of penicillin if I got within 6 feet of them. I always thought Billy Ray was the worst thing to ever happen to country music and then Luke Bryan came along

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watching a tanker drop water/slurry (not sure which from here) on a fire in the Bridger range just northeast of town. I spotted the fire this afternoon when out shopping (pic below). In the hours since, the fire ran right up to the ridge and then over into Bridger Canyon. Red Flag warning day. Will be 95F tomorrow. And then, in true mountain fashion, we have a slight chance of snow by Monday (52/28 F forecast).

97CA7948-DA92-4930-BA86-AC6CA3BEF17D.jpeg

Back