The Official Banter Away Thread

And I like the name change! Maybe Duffer definitely doesn’t apply anymore 😆
Thanks!

"duffer n. A casual or mediocre player of a sport, especially golf" "Duffer" applies. Trust me. :ROFLMAO: But maybe next season I can improve enough to think about asking to have it changed to "Hacker Seamus" ;)

Does evolve make the THP logo tees still?

Does evolve make the THP logo tees still?
If they don't I probably still have a bunch, they're indestructible. Hit me up, I can mail you out some

Anyone watching the fights? Buddys found a stream if anyone wants to

No, but we will most likely bring them back with them next year
Love this. I need to restock from giving away several boxes this year.

Anyone watching the fights? Buddys found a stream if anyone wants to

I watched it, it was a goof. The guys are old but gave a pretty good go of it.

My new favorite announcer is He was the only entertaining thing in those fights last night!

Starting a remodel project tomorrow, opening up the main living area. Contractor is a buddy, and I have agreed to doing some of the work myself. I will enjoy a project with hands on work but have no idea where I will find the time. The next 4-6 weeks are going to be chaos here.

Man, the internet is a volatile place. So much polarization.

Sigh. It isn’t just online. We need to find ways to come together. The social alignment by hate, fear, and rigid ideology approach is a disease that will destroy us if we let it continue. We can be amazing and strong when we work together with shared purpose. We all have enough in common as frail mortals living on a spec of dust in an infinite universe to make that pupose easy if we choose it. We are screwed when we define ourselves by our divisions. /sigh

I like it. I use it as a blanket citation for many of my outlandish claims. And I try not to wander too far off the major highways.

Yeah it is. That's one reason I dumped all my social media accounts. Even limiting my friends/follows to family and IRL friends it was nearly impossible to get away from it. When the social media sites began tagging posts it made it worse, not better. That was the straw that broke this camel's back.

Sigh. It isn’t just online.
It is my feeling, and has been so for some time, that social media has amplified differences and is a good deal of the reason for the wide, and widening social and political divide. That is another reason I dumped it: I wanted to stop being part of the problem.

Watch how people communicate on social media. Memes and re-posts of others' thoughts and opinions--often with little or no thought as to the impact their posts might have on friends and family, and zero time even thinking about the implications of what they're re-posting, much less even minimal investigation as to the likelihood of their accuracy or factualness. I can't count the number of times I saw friends or family re-post something, thought "That does not seem likely," looked it up, and, sure enough: Either a stretch, out-of-context, or made up of whole cloth.

Plus people treat others on social media in ways they'd never even remotely consider IRL.

Last edited:
Well my mother in law is progressing but still on the ventilator. Breathing and O2 saturation has gotten better but still a long road ahead. COVID blows man and it affects so many people so so so so differently. Weird stuff. But positive signs

Horrific crash on the opening lap of the Formula 1 race this morning; car impacted a safety barrier at speed and the barrier sliced the car completely in half. Fortunately the driver was able to get out and did not appear to have any significant injuries, but the announcers could not believe the damage to the car. It burst into flames immediately on contact, which these cars are designed not to do. Once they had the situation under control it was easy to see why it happened - the split was literally right behind the driver's back.

Horrific crash on the opening lap of the Formula 1 race this morning; car impacted a safety barrier at speed and the barrier sliced the car completely in half. Fortunately the driver was able to get out and did not appear to have any significant injuries, but the announcers could not believe the damage to the car. It burst into flames immediately on contact, which these cars are designed not to do. Once they had the situation under control it was easy to see why it happened - the split was literally right behind the driver's back.
I saw that. It's an absolute miracle that the driver, literally, walked away.

Since it has been a year, just reading through the Grandaddy thread. Love reading how the forum follows along and gets so excited. Was amazing being there and living it.

Since it has been a year, just reading through the Grandaddy thread. Love reading how the forum follows along and gets so excited. Was amazing being there and living it.

It’s one of the best parts. Now when you follow along in other experiences you will know how it feels. It’s awesome

Sunday workday, grateful to have a great job. That is all. ;)

Did you have your t-shirt tucked in your sweats drinking a big glass of milk while reading? :p

Received a call earlier this afternoon letting me know that my former boss passed away today. Cancer can go **** itself.

Back