The Official Banter Away Thread

Since so many golfers in my lefty and Mizuno FB groups carry muscle back 2 irons and all pure them with a baby draw, I wonder when they are going to start gaming persimmon woods again? I am amazed that the world’s best golfers are not on the PGA tour but instead on Facebook. #interntgolfer life!
Heck, anybody can be a scratch on the internet :cool:

Since so many golfers in my lefty and Mizuno FB groups carry muscle back 2 irons and all pure them with a baby draw, I wonder when they are going to start gaming persimmon woods again? I am amazed that the world’s best golfers are not on the PGA tour but instead on Facebook. #interntgolfer life!
Pfft... baby draws are old news, everyone knows it's all about the cut now.

Rookies.

It’s a crazy world out there. Being bored is dumb!

Heck, anybody can be a scratch on the internet :cool:
Just like when you go into internet fitness groups and everybody has a 315 bench/405 squat/495 deadlift. Minimum.

I've mentioned that Covid destroyed my business, but it all worked out because I am now leading an automation group at a wonderful company and working with one of my best friends from college. We do a ton of Covid/Project Warp Speed related projects. It's nearly daily that I'm in a meeting over it. Anyway, here is one of the projects recently completed and featured in one of our trade magazines.

www.industryweek.com/leadership/strategic-planning-execution/article/21153345

I've mentioned that Covid destroyed my business, but it all worked out because I am now leading an automation group at a wonderful company and working with one of my best friends from college. We do a ton of Covid/Project Warp Speed related projects. It's nearly daily that I'm in a meeting over it. Anyway, here is one of the projects recently completed and featured in one of our trade magazines.

www.industryweek.com/leadership/strategic-planning-execution/article/21153345
It's to bad it takes something like a world war or this fπ€king virus to get things done the way they should have been all along. To do this project in a efficient manner with built in adaptability for future needs is how all companies should operate. Well done!

On a conference call with a bunch of engineers.....a fun time.

It's to bad it takes something like a world war or this fπ€king virus to get things done the way they should have been all along. To do this project in a efficient manner with built in adaptability for future needs is how all companies should operate. Well done!
Thanks. The biggest difference I see around these projects is an Army General/leadership type approach. So much time gets wasted making sure EVERYONE gets an opportunity to provide input so no one's feelings are hurt in the end. We end up spending time focused on details that do not matter. On these projects, decisions are made quickly in a coordinated effort and the ones making the decisions are the domain experts - without the input of Sally, who thinks the computer background would be more pleasing if it was teal instead of gray.

Thanks. The biggest difference I see around these projects is an Army General/leadership type approach. So much time gets wasted making sure EVERYONE gets an opportunity to provide input so no one's feelings are hurt in the end. We end up spending time focused on details that do not matter. On these projects, decisions are made quickly in a coordinated effort and the ones making the decisions are the domain experts - without the input of Sally, who thinks the computer background would be more pleasing if it was teal instead of gray.
My dad tells a story when he was running a company and they were building a semi that was a training set up for a driving school the company had bought. The guy running the program complained to my dad that he was getting the run around because the board could never make a decision and dragging everything out, so nothing ever got done. My dad said to build the truck. If any of the board members notice, they'll just assume it happened at a meeting they weren't at. Sometimes you just need someone to run things and ignore the people who shouldn't have any input.

My dad tells a story when he was running a company and they were building a semi that was a training set up for a driving school the company had bought. The guy running the program complained to my dad that he was getting the run around because the board could never make a decision and dragging everything out, so nothing ever got done. My dad said to build the truck. If any of the board members notice, they'll just assume it happened at a meeting they weren't at. Sometimes you just need someone to run things and ignore the people who shouldn't have any input.
Haha. That has been my approach - it's sometimes easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. It's a big reason I didn't get along with my Dad in the family business. There were so many things that were straight-forward that he turned into a much bigger deal that it needed to be - everyone had to have their opinions heard to get "buy-in". I was of the philosophy of pushing it out because most won't care.

It has warmed up to 4 degrees this morning. High might reach 10 today

It's even too cold to hit balls at my home range! Cripes...only 2 months to go!

Probably a little colder where you are. That's the temp from the NWS at the Albany Airport. I don't mind snow; I hate the cold.

Great article, better story, and I like your analysis. It's a very unusual company that calls a team meeting when it's discovered the building is on fire. In part, it's unusual because companies that operate that way rarely survive the fire.

JBCIV says Happy Friday Everybody!
58E63F41-D23B-4297-B881-2B5D4D4F239C.jpeg

Why does eBay do this to me?
1611948338867.png

Awesome for my former home town.

EB0616F6-10BE-4492-A583-C6E1BCF2FFE3.jpeg

Watching some old THP TV spots. This one is pure gold.

25E6CAA1-87DC-4FA7-8341-1B5A1A88A516.jpeg

If the Ohio guys could take the bite out of this winter storm for us PA and northeast folks, it would be much appreciated!

If the Ohio guys could take the bite out of this winter storm for us PA and northeast folks, it would be much appreciated!

Looks like a couple interesting days coming up for the Mid Atlantic states and Northeast. :mad:

Back