The Official Banter Away Thread

I am so glad it is Friday and I don't have to work this weekend.
There will be :golf2:

Ugg.... Well, in the end, we're all glad you're ok. Damage throughout the community or just the cell towers?
Towers and local meat processing place, was a really odd storm.

Been a week.
Tailend of 12 straight work days.
Kids been sick on and off all month.
Then in the past 5 days..
Febrile seizure in the little one.
Older ones daycare class closed for multiple covid+.
Now dropping dog off at vet because he hasn't eaten/drank for almost 2 days.

🏳

Finally I can see an end to the people here giving me grief about the Canada geese that hang out on our golf course!!!!
If it helps, we hate the Canada geese too lol. Nothing like getting hissed at and chased by the buggers.
Years ago we had geese on our farm.... the scariest things I have ever encountered. Would take a run at me whenever we got close to them.

Perhaps we should just rename them golf course nuisance geese?

Perhaps we should just rename them golf course nuisance geese?

This is pure genius. Now, any time someone wants to convert a golf course to a housing or mixed-use development, we can point out how the development would destroy the habitat of the geese.

This is pure genius. Now, any time someone wants to convert a golf course to a housing or mixed-use development, we can point out how the development would destroy the habitat of the geese.
They could be protected species. Save the nuisance geese!

Such great news ole man! Lather up with the screen and I've been terrible at it. Maybe sometime soon we can meet up again and discuss proper application and throw in some Gawf? Have a couple boys out this way that want to come back home with me. Grab some In-A-Tub on the way down!
Hell yes that needs to happen brother

Reactions: J4U
I am so glad it is Friday and I don't have to work this weekend.
There will be :golf2:
Going to be a nice 25-28°C here for the next few days and I also have Monday off as well, so there will be golf this evening after work, club match on Sunday, then Jen and I are playing the next round of our mixed pairs knockout at our club on Monday

Only downside to the weekend is my car is going in for a service in the morning so hoping it isn't too expensive

Finally I can see an end to the people here giving me grief about the Canada geese that hang out on our golf course!!!!
#CobraChicken

559.jpg

I had my helmet as my avatar for a little, but I figured that since I will be testing out the Forme Ace polo for a while, my avatar should be doing so as well.

I had booked today off to golf, and those plans changed due to the forecast. I waffled back and forth, but glad I decided to just take the day and do absolutely nothing. Got caught up on some much needed sleep and now catching up on Open coverage. I think I need to do this more often

I had my helmet as my avatar for a little, but I figured that since I will be testing out the Forme Ace polo for a while, my avatar should be doing so as well.
closing in on some normalcy around here!

closing in on some normalcy around here!
For as much as the paint job on my helmet cost me, I would wear it to bed if my wife let me.

For as much as the paint job on my helmet cost me, I would wear it to bed if my wife let me.
Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

My friend sent me this. I think this is important to remember and should be posted on the 1st hole of every golf course.
3F1150DB-12EA-408C-8016-7990EDAAEC88.jpeg

TGIF been a rough week at work but I get to play golf with a bunch of THPers tomorrow! How is everyone’s Friday Night?

I I just talked to my neighbor he is an ER nurse he said the delta variant is crazy here because we still have under a 40 percent vaxed rate. I just don’t get it

With tee times at a premium and inability for me to commit earlier in the week as times were all late in the day, I booked a 7am tee time ~2 hours away…. 4am departure may be a bit much 😳

While researching golf courses in Michigan I stumbled across this link for an upcoming equipment collection auction; quite an interesting collection to scroll through. A lot of old Scotty Cameron stuff if that floats your boat.

While researching golf courses in Michigan I stumbled across this link for an upcoming equipment collection auction; quite an interesting collection to scroll through. A lot of old Scotty Cameron stuff if that floats your boat.
Whoa, that's quite an auction.

Whoa, there is a ton of gear in there. Some really nice looking stuff.

I don’t know how many, if any of you, hopefully not. Have dealt with addict kids. It’s brutal! Painstakingly so. 8 years now and I just don’t know where to go from here. I hope none of you have had to go through this.

I really think I want to take some lessons and try to get things sorted with my swing. I'm leery of my options reasonably close nearby. Hopefully I can find something decent.

Yesterday i was hoping to play today now im hoping it is playable by Tuesday after work. It had been a great year for golf weather wise and now this. It really came down.47A25271-36F0-4791-8AF8-E21D521480E5.png

Back