The Official Banter Away Thread

Yesterday i was hoping to play today now im hoping it is playable by Tuesday after work. It had been a great year for golf weather wise and now this. It really came down.View attachment 9017298

It’s been no better here in the eastern part of NY. We’re about 3-4 inches above normal for July and it’s only the 18th. And it’s raining today after we had torrential downpours overnight.

I never understand why a guest in your house would use your master bathroom. We have 2 other bathrooms but my wife's family comes through my bedroom, couple of times while I was still in bed, to use our bathroom. I just don't get it. :mad:

I took my son to downtown St Louis to do Pokémon raids. I’m his mind, thousands were going to descend on DT to do these. It’s 10:30 am and the only people out are the ones here for the Cardinals-Giants game. I feel bad for him.

In honor of my Bridgestone boys (@Smiter @Vortex @PKorf @Nerdy_81 and others I'm blanking or cannot find) ... July 2019 was such a fun time.

Played a round here on the Fazio course. Withe views of an epic building @PKorf hit with the longest 9 iron I've ever seen hit. Hahaha and the island green the wreaked havoc on my less than stellar game.
IMG_20210718_072341_887.jpgIMG_1626605252132.jpg

Last edited:
In honor of my Bridgestone boys (@Smiter @Vortex @PKorf @Nerdy_81 and others I'm blanking or cannot find) ... July 2019 was such a fun time.

Played a round here on the Fazio course. Withe views of an epic building @PKorf hit with the longest 9 iron I've ever seen hit. Hahaha and the island green the wreaked havoc on my less than stellar game.
View attachment 9017319View attachment 9017320
Bro-I haven’t kept up like a lot of event brothers have. For that I apologize to you and all my event brothers and the forum.

Lots of life events transpired for me very soon prior and very shortly after.

No biggie for me personally now, I’m good in life. I’ve found a lady, 17000x better than me, but for the first time in my life makes me want to be a better person. So I’m working on that. (Yeah, I don’t wanna hear it @OldandStiff -you’re younger than me sir, good day! Lol!).

I’m about to use my new body to smack golf balls for the first time. This will be interesting as I’m not quite as fit as some but stronger than 99.99% of folks. Haha. Standing 5’11” and weighing in at 195#…. (And about 3% bodyfat). Benching, last max, 430#-best was prior max at 445#. Ick. Losing 30# made me lose 15# of max, good trade, I was 187# at time of max.

I was not wet on 17 either day, believe it or not. 🤣

18. That hole I hate. Probably love it if more than a couple rounds, but right now hate it.

It’s been no better here in the eastern part of NY. We’re about 3-4 inches above normal for July and it’s only the 18th. And it’s raining today after we had torrential downpours overnight.

It’s raining again here tonight. 🌧 😔

Spent the entire day putting the shed togethrr.. got it 90% there but the main front doors don't line up or close, as if there is pressure inward. The ground was level when I made the pad a few months ago,... man I really hope I don't have to take it all apart and start again

Is this from the lizard's eye view m or the human's?

My PSA please use a good sunblock on your face. Doctor had to go 5 layers deep and got all the skin cancer out but it does hurt and was scary before hand. Please be smart and also wear a bucket hat to protect your ears View attachment 9016885
My buddy and I ride in a cart, And when it's hot and sunny we hunt shade like PH's in Africa!

Is this really a thing?

Yes! Unfortunately the PC crowd has caught up to this, And this is nothing new. Years ago they latched onto a nickname of the Golaith Grouper in Florida that called them "Jewfish"! This was found to be offensive, and a campaign was mounted. Nowadays you can no longer call any fish a Jewfish. They must be called Golaoth Grouper or Hell will rain down on your head!

And "Asian carp"? That's where they all come from! What's the problem here? We need to fight these PC jerks at every step!

Is this from the lizard's eye view m or the human's?

My buddy and I ride in a cart, And when it's hot and sunny we hunt shade like PH's in Africa!

Yes! Unfortunately the PC crowd has caught up to this, And this is nothing new. Years ago they latched onto a nickname of the Golaith Grouper in Florida that called them "Jewfish"! This was found to be offensive, and a campaign was mounted. Nowadays you can no longer call any fish a Jewfish. They must be called Golaoth Grouper or Hell will rain down on your head!

And "Asian carp"? That's where they all come from! What's the problem here? We need to fight these PC jerks at every step!

I shall not comment on a public forum however I am solidly behind you in thought. And actions, if you need to see them, I have references. 😂

A week in FL and now we are back and ready to have some THP fun.

While researching golf courses in Michigan I stumbled across this link for an upcoming equipment collection auction; quite an interesting collection to scroll through. A lot of old Scotty Cameron stuff if that floats your boat.
That's an incredible collection...

You ever have one of those days where you finally have a need for that cabinet hardware you’ve been holding on to, but not sure when you would use… and you can’t find it?!

The boys are back for one final adventure!

Our internet tower was taken out by “tornadic activity” and we are without until the 21-23ish, which as a cord cut household means no Open Championship and no ability to upload things I need to upload. ******* awesome.
If it makes you feel better, I live in the sticks and the only internet offered is satellite internet, which means I cannot stream anything...lol

Beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel for this current work overload situation. I feel good about the state of my 3 presentations for a panel review and just need to focus on feedback for others on the team. I am starting to let golf thoughts creep back into my limited-capacity brain. I like it! (y)

Mulch arrived finally.

Time to be super slow about getting it done haha - No sense in ruining my body over a day or two.
I expect it to be immaculate for my arrival next Tuesday.

Beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel for this current work overload situation. I feel good about the state of my 3 presentations for a panel review and just need to focus on feedback for others on the team.into I am starting to let golf thoughts creep back my limited-capacity brain. I like it! (y)
That's a good thing, won't be long and will be in Montana for some great golf.

Since i had my forum name changed I circled back to my entry email for the Budget Experience and saw that I never included any of my info... I just wrote "so glad I finally get to toss my name in the hat" ... man I must've been really sleep deprived

JB must've been like "yeah thats a easy NOPE" Lol

You ever have one of those days where you finally have a need for that cabinet hardware you’ve been holding on to, but not sure when you would use… and you can’t find it?!
It's not limited to just cabinet hardware..........

Mulch arrived finally.

Time to be super slow about getting it done haha - No sense in ruining my body over a day or two.
No sense rushing things - mulch doesn't go bad

Today, I had a training class with a super nice guy that had three phones and an iPad that never stop ringing. I am not sure if I admire him or fear him?

Back