The Official Counterfeit Thread

Those prices are way too low, no way you get a TaylorMade R-11 for $259.99. I would stay away like they had the plague.

Ditto...If it looks too good to be true it must be.

Those CB's look really good too. I could see anything from the pics that would give them away as being fake. But why would they just be selling the heads with shaft specs below. It just smells fishy.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

Those CB's look really good too. I could see anything from the pics that would give them away as being fake. But why would they just be selling the heads with shaft specs below. It just smells fishy.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

Agree, no way I would send money to Malaysia with that description and those pics.

Just wanted to throw out there that I got my Diablo Edge Irons and Driver checked by Callaway HQ here in Carlsbad and they are legit. I bought them from hurricanegolf.com.

I posted this as a full topic, but does anyone have experience with dansdiscountgolf.com? The prices are lower, nowhere near as low as some of these sites and definitely not in the range of being sketchy whatsoever, but some manufactures have rules that don't allow price drops and you can get them with dans. Any advice?

I posted this as a full topic, but does anyone have experience with dansdiscountgolf.com? The prices are lower, nowhere near as low as some of these sites and definitely not in the range of being sketchy whatsoever, but some manufactures have rules that don't allow price drops and you can get them with dans. Any advice?

Discount Dan's is a reputable store. No worries. I've only bought a couple of Stiff Arm's from them but have had friends buy other equipment from them. They also have free shipping if I remember correctly, so if someone is cheaper, don't forget to add in their shipping charges.

Looks like we gotta start really inspecting grips purchased on ebay more. Another forum I'm on has a topic just started about Fake Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Grips.

Almost identical in comparison...

I could def imagine that there are other manufacturers out there that are making something just like it.

Here is a little something I found via a quick google search

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...60&bih=842&tbm=isch&ei=A4rRTYzZHcrZgQe27aW5DA

I'd post pics from the other site but they are not mine to post.

From the looks of it though, most cannot tell unless you have the originals to compare to.
Lettering is off, # of cords is off, spacing of grip is off and barcode doesn't scan if you use the android apps for price checking.

Here is a recent pic from a another forum member's experience with the Fake Golf Pride Grips.

Can you tell the difference?

Here is a recent pic from a another forum member's experience with the Fake Golf Pride Grips.

That's just not fair.

It's pretty bad when the fake looks better than the real one haha..

Even the "G" in golf pride looks cleaner haha! Really solidifies my sketchiness about buying on the bay or from non-reputable sources..

Here are some more pics....

I have experience with the fake GPMC grips. I actually got some in the mail a month or so ago. The only way that I knew they were fake is from the feel. I have real ones on my irons, wedges, and woods now and when I felt the fake ones, I immediately knew they were not the same. On the real GPMC grips, the top part has a thickness to them that the fake ones did not. They had no tackiness. The sad thing is that had I not had the real ones to compare them side by side to, I likely never would have known or thought to look. Luckily the seller refunded me my money, but no longer will I buy grips online if they aren't from a reputable seller/online store.

I haven't searched this thread a whole lot. But is "3balls.com" a good site. About to buy a "like new" wedge from them and just curious if i should be worried about their price(seems reasonable-$67)

I just read this thread and am now freaking out about the Adams Idea Tech a4OS's I just got from a user on eBay named "underpar101". He does have 100% feedback however.

Looks like we gotta start really inspecting grips purchased on ebay more. Another forum I'm on has a topic just started about Fake Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Grips.

Almost identical in comparison...

There are other golf forums? hehe

Back