The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCHEDULE IS OUT!!!!!!!! Time to plan some roadtrips. Hopefully the Bears stay healthy. I'm bitter that Lovie and JA are still there.

Jets are making a huge push this year....the games will be fun to go to for once lol
They are going to make some waves.. No doubt about that. I wont put any type of course on them but people are certainly talking.. Rex Ryan is def the type of coach who gets his players ready and they respect the hell out of him. Great combo.

Big Ben Suspended for 6 games. It could be reduced to 4 games. That is about the time he tries to hold the ball after each snap anyway, so we are all good. I LOVE ROGER G as commissioner. The way the league should be run!

just heard that as well JB. that guy's slime!!

Roger G runs a tight ship...I thought the suspension was about right in terms of time. Plus he can't participate in OTA's either!

The NFL Godfather strikes again!! well done Roger! alot of "rumors" floating around about the Steelers shopping Big Pig Ben...

All in all I'd say that Goodell and the Rooney's did the right thing.

Frankly, I think the problem with Ben is more about alcohol than anything else - he's suffering a form of "Joe Namath's Disease" ('Can I kisss youuuu?') and it seems as if these issues are always centered on bars or drinking in general. Then throw in a bit of arrested development with a splash of entitlement and there you go. That said, I don't believe Ben is any sort of sexual predator, at least not as far as could be known from the information available.

I think he'll only serve the four games and then he'll be back.

As far as shopping him is concerned, I think that's more about PR than anything else. The Steelers' organization needs to draw its line in the sand and demonstrate that there are things that they will not put up with as well as putting the fear of God into ol' Ben.

All things considered, I'd say it's a fair deal and as far as Ben himself is concerned, only time will tell.

-JP

I think Ben has more than an alcohol problem as opposed to Joe Willy. Joe flirting with Suzy Kolber (funniest live tv moment in a long time) is a far cry from the pattern of behavior that Big Ben has shown over the past few years.....

All in all I'd say that Goodell and the Rooney's did the right thing.

Frankly, I think the problem with Ben is more about alcohol than anything else - he's suffering a form of "Joe Namath's Disease" ('Can I kisss youuuu?') and it seems as if these issues are always centered on bars or drinking in general. Then throw in a bit of arrested development with a splash of entitlement and there you go. That said, I don't believe Ben is any sort of sexual predator, at least not as far as could be known from the information available.

I think he'll only serve the four games and then he'll be back.

As far as shopping him is concerned, I think that's more about PR than anything else. The Steelers' organization needs to draw its line in the sand and demonstrate that there are things that they will not put up with as well as putting the fear of God into ol' Ben.

All things considered, I'd say it's a fair deal and as far as Ben himself is concerned, only time will tell.

-JP

I think Ben has more than an alcohol problem as opposed to Joe Willy. Joe flirting with Suzy Kolber (funniest live tv moment in a long time) is a far cry from the pattern of behavior that Big Ben has shown over the past few years.....

You got that right. Somehow I expect the PR to say something of it being alcohol related though, because some would argue, that it is more "fixable".

Re: The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Sirius nfl radio 2 min report..... Oakland has already contacted Pittsburgh. Just a contact but could you imagine??? Seems fitting though

Sirius nfl radio 2 min report..... Oakland has already contacted Pittsburgh. Just a contact but could you imagine??? Seems fitting though

Why does this not surprise me.

You got that right. Somehow I expect the PR to say something of it being alcohol related though, because some would argue, that it is more "fixable".

On the other hand, people do things when they're drunk that they'd never do when they're sober.

-JP

Why does this not surprise me.

do you really think the steelers will shop big ben? i get so tired of some of these guys off the field antics, and honestly, it's why i would love to see tebow succeed.

do you really think the steelers will shop big ben? i get so tired of some of these guys off the field antics, and honestly, it's why i would love to see tebow succeed.

+1

If someone told me that for the next ten years I will pay you $15 million a year to practice, play on Sunday, and stay home the rest of the time, I would do it. Of course I might get in trouble being on THP while I'm home.

Re: The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

See current caption this contest.

On the other hand, people do things when they're drunk that they'd never do when they're sober.

-JP

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

-JP

Its the long time defense for many attorneys. But the simple thing is that thousands of drunks dont get in this kind of trouble, and thousands of people that do what he does do not struggle with alcohol. The two are not related if you ask me, but celebrity and power sure are. Mark my words, they will spin it as alcohol related though. Hmmmm Tiger Woods taught us a lot.

+1

If someone told me that for the next ten years I will pay you $15 million a year to practice, play on Sunday, and stay home the rest of the time, I would do it. Of course I might get in trouble being on THP while I'm home.

exactly! when are they going to learn that you could party all you want, do all you want after your career is over. i just get sick of some of these guys, it's disgusting.

See current caption this contest.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

exactly kevin! everyone's accountable for their own actions, period!

:rofl:

I was thinking of that too.

TC, I just noticed your sig and it's the ish. Well done.

thanks spank.

my gut tells me big ben's suspension may last 4 games. he'll take some classes, do some sort of community service, perhaps make a speech, and will be forgiven. i'm really over some of these guys.

thanks spank.

my gut tells me big ben's suspension may last 4 games. he'll take some classes, do some sort of community service, perhaps make a speech, and will be forgiven. i'm really over some of these guys.

These guys can pretty much get away with anything. I thought Big Ben would learn the first time around. Didn't know he was a huge fan of the rapey rape.

What pisses me off is just the sheer stupidity of some of these things: ref. Plaxico Burress / Pacman Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back