The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything customer service centered, and especially at dealerships, sucks. I go into the dealership today to get my tires rotated on my car. A five minute job right?

I walk into the Hyundai service department and it is completely dead. 15+ bays and only three cars in the entire garage. I walk up to the manager at the service desk and say hello to him and tell him he's a lucky guy that it looks pretty dead today. He agrees with me and jokes about how great it is to get to kick back and chill on a weekend.

I say great, and ask him if they can take 10 minutes to rotate the tires on my car real quick. The guy has the nerve to tell me no way they can get it in today. I ask him why not if they aren't busy and he just looks at me and starts stuttering something about how he has no mechanics free. Funny, I say, because you have four mechanics sitting in your break area doing nothing but joking around and eating cake. He just stutters a little more and tells me he can't do it and walks away from me without saying anything. I sat there for four or five minutes and he never comes back. As soon as I start to walk out the door he comes back out and sits back down his desk. What an ass!

It's no secret that in the car business especially, the salesman sells you the first car and customer service sells you your 2nd, 3rd, 4th......car. Perhaps the owner of the dealership should be advised of this apparently little known fact!

Brutal. Its a miracle that more dealerships dont get bombed or burned to the ground by angry customers because of the lousy way they treat people.
GM dealership told me that "its normal for all our vehicles to use 2 litres of oil/1000km". I told them to put that on the sign out front and Id give them 100 bucks for every vehicle they sold after that. Asinine morons.

Oil consumption is normal for any combustion engine. Chrysler uses these guidelines for oil consumption:

First 50,000 of engine life - .946 liters in 3200 km (1 qt. for every 2000 miles) is normal.
After 50,000 - .946 liters in 1207 km (1 qt. in 750 miles)

That means in 3,000 miles (normal oil change interval) you could be up to 4 qts low in oil and that be considered normal to burn that much. That's why everyone should know how to at least check their own oil and add some if need be.

Oil consumption is normal for any combustion engine. Chrysler uses these guidelines for oil consumption:

First 50,000 of engine life - .946 liters in 3200 km (1 qt. for every 2000 miles) is normal.
After 50,000 - .946 liters in 1207 km (1 qt. in 750 miles)

That means in 3,000 miles (normal oil change interval) you could be up to 4 qts low in oil and that be considered normal to burn that much. That's why everyone should know how to at least check their own oil and add some if need be.

I've never owned a car that burned this much oil... My Focus, which had over 175,000 miles on it never burned more than a quart of oil and it only got changed every 5,000-6,000 miles.

I've never owned a car that burned this much oil... My Focus, which had over 175,000 miles on it never burned more than a quart of oil and it only got changed every 5,000-6,000 miles.

Not all cars will burn this much oil, but if they do, it will be considered normal. As a dealer tech, we have to follow these guidelines put up by Chrysler because they are the ones paying the bill. If a customer comes in complaining about oil consumption, we have to determine first, how much oil is being burned off. If it is within specification, Chrysler will not allow us to perform any repair, or if we do a fix and chrysler finds that the parts replaced were not faulty, they can charge is back.

just because it hasn't burned oil doesn't mean it doesn't need new oil.. the engine will run better with cleaner oil, and that usually means a bit better mpg, so i at least add a new quart every 1K or so.

just because it hasn't burned oil doesn't mean it doesn't need new oil.. the engine will run better with cleaner oil, and that usually means a bit better mpg, so i at least add a new quart every 1K or so.

This can also be dangerous. Too much oil can actually cause oil starvation, surprisingly. With too much oil in the crankcase, the crankshaft can basically whip the oil, causing it to get foamy and not allowing proper flow to the rest of the engine, starving bearings and lifters.

Sorry for taking over the rant thread with car talk, back to the subject. I am stuck at work on a beautiful day. Ugh...

Does excess and loud talking bother y'all when you are at the range working on your game?!?! The reason I ask is that almost every time I go to a particular range there is always going to be at least one guy holding court. Talking loud and constant. Yesterday the same guy held 3 different long conversations with 3 different people and they were all loud. Laughing and sudden outbursts were common durning my swing. Please don't get me wrong, I don't mind chatter, laughter and things like that on the range, as long as they are at normal levels, but shouldn't there be some respect of others that are out there trying to improve their game? The same guy hollered at people in the parking lot on 3 different occasions. I was distracted on most of my swings. Am I being thin skinned on this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I honestly dont know what to do with my irons/wedges/5w right now... I can't hit anything well anymore, but dont have enough money to buy new ones right now.. Ahhhhhh this game sucks

I honestly dont know what to do with my irons/wedges/5w right now... I can't hit anything well anymore, but dont have enough money to buy new ones right now.. Ahhhhhh this game sucks

I can tell you this.....throwing money at it won't fix the problem.

I can tell you this.....throwing money at it won't fix the problem.

Yeah, it can. My swing is fine right now. I have a fast swing speed but my irons are too heavy, wedges are just worn out, and 5w is way too light, too whippy, and not a good loft to fill my gaps

This is the 8th fairway at a course up here. Yes those are rapids on the course.
null-23.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also posted this in the banter thread but this is my driving range and an executive par 3 course.
null-22.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Don't know when I will be using these facilities next. Time to find another range.

This is the 8th fairway at a course up here. Yes those are rapids on the course.
null-23.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also posted this in the banter thread but this is my driving range and an executive par 3 course.
null-22.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Don't know when I will be using these facilities next. Time to find another range.

No offense but it might be time to find higher ground.

3 hour front 9.

150y par 3 playing 195 due to wind. Brutal!

We need to make a tutorial thread on the new way to post pictures so the URL function is removed. What a horrible thing photobucket did there.

We need to make a tutorial thread on the new way to post pictures so the URL function is removed. What a horrible thing photobucket did there.

It might be a small pain, but I usually just copy the direct link from photobucket and then click on the image button and paste. On mobile, the photobucket app still has the link that is set up with the

If I click a picture and it tries to take me away from tapatalk, I cancel it immediately and don't even let it load. It's a first world problem for sure.

If I click a picture and it tries to take me away from tapatalk, I cancel it immediately and don't even let it load. It's a first world problem for sure.

Photobucket now attaches a URL tag to the IMG tag so you have to manually delete that if you don't want your pics to get redirected. I hate it as well and will cancel put if its something I'm not really interested in. Haha

Photobucket now attaches a URL tag to the IMG tag so you have to manually delete that if you don't want your pics to get redirected. I hate it as well and will cancel put if its something I'm not really interested in. Haha

Epic skim. I didn't read the 2 posts above it

This Classic XL is making it hard to resist buying it. Bombing t all over this course

null-23.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

null-22.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That really sucks man. Some crazy stuff happening in Calgary right now. Hope you guys are ok.

No offense but it might be time to find higher ground.

No offense but this wins dumb comment of the day.

Settle, guys...

Sounds like the prefect it e to sendan email to the regional representative and explain this to him/her. And simple state if this is the service that comes with the car you've bought then its a good indication that you and your money is better suited with another manufacturer. I'm sure you'll get a response

Agree with this completely. Hyundai, in particular, is huge about customer service. There will be someone higher up who will not be pleased to hear about your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back