The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, BlueNile is the place. I bought Steph's engagement ring there and have all of the documentation on the diamond. I actually enjoyed the process and they were great to work with.

I'm a big fan of BlueNile. It's not necessarily cheap, but the quality of stuff is very good.

What's the consensus to spend on an engagement ring?

2 Month salary 3 month? 1 month? What's in pocket?

No more than you can afford. And if she doesn't like it, too bad for her.

I agree with smalls on what you can afford. If you can find a small local jeweler check them out as you'll most likely save a ton there.

The bonus of a small jeweler is you can get it custom made diamond size(s) and layout.

I had my wife's custom made and the band custom engraved for less than I could of bought a mass produced one similar. Plus she knows its the only one out there like it.

I'm looking at a .83 ct excellent cut (round) si clarity, h color. Stone

Find a jeweler you trust and have them explain to you the 3 C's and buy a diamond for beauty and cut. You can buy a well cut 1/2 carat diamond that sparkles better than a 2 carat diamond cut for weight. Or if you don't want to put a lot of effort you can definitely go online and choose on based on certain price range. Good luck.

Compared to what you drop in a jewelery store?

I've never shopped for diamonds in a jewelry store so I can't really say. I have a jeweler I trust and use him to purchase based on my specs and what I feel is important.

People at jewelry stores have the racket down pretty good. They start with a diamond that is just out of the price range of most people, then they make you feel like a loser if you want something cheaper.

I've never shopped for diamonds in a jewelry store so I can't really say. I have a jeweler I trust and use him to purchase based on my specs and what I feel is important.

Diamonds lose value outside of jewelry stores - something like 50% when you walk out the door. They may appraise at a dollar amount, but in terms of actual value there is a big difference. Trying to sell one, either privately or to a store, will show what I'm talking about very quickly.

Diamonds lose value outside of jewelry stores - something like 50% when you walk out the door. They may appraise at a dollar amount, but in terms of actual value there is a big difference. Trying to sell one, either privately or to a store, will show what I'm talking about very quickly.

Again, I have no true experience to reference with jewelry stores, but if I take any diamond I've purchased back to my jeweler to upgrade for another comparable stone I get the price I paid back towards the next purchase. Never losing a single penny. Precious stones should never be treated like new cars you drive off the lot.

LOL I'm not arguing by the way :)

I just hate stupid diamonds.

The only other time I heard this was from an insurance agent after I reported a lost wedding band. (Daughter flushed it. Kids are awesome.). The guy changed his tune when I gave him my card.

I hate all kinds of things though.

Good thing salt isn't cartel territory. If it comes to that I'm outta here.

LOL I'm not arguing by the way :)

I just hate stupid diamonds.

Hey. I don't go around saying that hawks are a bunch of jerks.

The only other time I heard this was from an insurance agent after I reported a lost wedding band. (Daughter flushed it. Kids are awesome.). The guy changed his tune when I gave him my card.

Tons of irony there lol. You should have told him you are on his side!

Luckily my cc company is disputing it, but someone got themselves some great stuff from cobellas this weekend for 489 effin dollars... :mad:

Is this the jewelry thread?

It is now! Much better than it was before imo. This thread is trash 50% of the time anyway lol.

You mean 100% of the time it's 50% trash?

Tons of irony there lol. You should have told him you are on his side!

Ha -- no one is friends with insurers. No one.

Remind me me to tell that story over a beer. It's a good one.

Stupid ones. The moderately successful, distance runners are ok in my book.

What about those lawyers that epitomize slow play and then in the what did you shoot today thread, they complain about slow play?

Irony.
At its finest.

You mean 100% of the time it's 50% trash?

LOL That's a pretty good estimate.

To get off the jewelry topic. I have to assemble a bunch of kids toys tonight. I'm going to drink while I do it though. Maybe it's a HHJJ.

To get off the jewelry topic. I have to assemble a bunch of kids toys tonight. I'm going to drink while I do it though. Maybe it's a HHJJ.

Ehh sounds more like banter as its half way between a rant and a hhjj

What about those lawyers that epitomize slow play and then in the what did you shoot today thread, they complain about slow play?

Irony.
At its finest.

You should check with everyone who attended the Grandaddy about my "slow" play before posting such slander.

#Lawyered

Fact: Seth played pretty quick in California. He's hard to Vine though.

*starts recording*
*nothing happens*
*recording stops*

*Seth swings*

I'm putting together a Hello Kitty bike tonight. I think it is a six-beer project at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back