The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont disagree with any of that. But if you read this exact post you just wrote, how would anybody even have any expectation about them coming? And why would you want them to rather than use that money to pay their bills and their debts?

Knowing my sisters track record she doesn't do what is responsible.

I understand all of this too well. My kids in Missouri, our parents in KS. We got to see most at Thanksgiving, so too expensive to make more trips now. Sucks, but is what it is.

Knowing my sisters track record she doesn't do what is responsible.

All things being equal. This is the Rant thread. And sometimes you (everyone) just need to get things off their chest. Doesnt even have to be rational (not saying you arent). You know your sister better than anyone and you are allowed to be disappointed regardless of the circumstance.

gotta take my car to DEQ this week... fantastic.. also, USPS fails to ship on time once again.

How can anyone rant when SO MUCH AWESOME is going on here on THP? Lets have a HHJJ day people! SO MUCH AWESOME!

Entire work network just went down. Phones, email, internet.... awesome

je8u3ysu.jpg

How can anyone rant when SO MUCH AWESOME is going on here on THP? Lets have a HHJJ day people! SO MUCH AWESOME!

Putting on my serious hat for a minute: it's sad to me how many people feel down around this time of year. I guess it's the expectation that everyone should be upbeat at this time of year, but that's not the case. I wish I could help some of those people out.

What's the consensus to spend on an engagement ring?

2 Month salary 3 month? 1 month? What's in pocket?

It's such a racket dude. Terrible ripoff. Like a new car.

No more than you can afford. And if she doesn't like it, too bad for her.

Guess this is a good rant to have, but I just got offered a ticket to the BCS Championship Game for $350. I want to go sooooo bad and I could afford the ticket, but the plane ticket out there would be about $600. Why can't the game be in New Orleans or Miami so I could drive?!

Buying a ring or the month hoax

Diamonds in general. It's a commodity with an artificially created level of supply/demand, which keeps prices high. You buy it, and it loses tons of value right away.

Diamonds in general. It's a commodity with an artificially created level of supply/demand, which keeps prices high. You buy it, and it loses tons of value right away.

Truth.

Truth.

Truth.

I've been fortunate enough to buy some diamond jewelry in my life. Felt robbed very time, including "good" prices.

Engagement ring, wedding band, earrings, necklaces, bracelets. Ugh. I hate diamonds.

I've bought them used before. Saves a bunch of money paying for a setting with a stone that hasn't been marked up so badly.

If you buy a quality diamond (cut and clarity) it never loses value because of its rarity. You buy a poorly cut diamond based on weight you may be left with a diamond that isn't worth its original appraisal down the road.

If you buy a quality diamond (cut and clarity) it never loses value because of its rarity. You buy a poorly cut diamond based on weight you may be left with a diamond that isn't worth its original appraisal down the road.

Compared to what you drop in a jewelery store?

I'm looking at a .83 ct excellent cut (round) si clarity, h color. Stone

Its all relative Zenger. Its a horrible racket, but I knew it was going to be the only one (you hope). I knew going in what I wanted and what I was comfortable paying. I also compared it to the prices online at places like BlueNile (I think that was the name).

Sorry for the rant Zeng :)

Good luck shopping dude.

Its all relative Zenger. Its a horrible racket, but I knew it was going to be the only one (you hope). I knew going in what I wanted and what I was comfortable paying. I also compared it to the prices online at places like BlueNile (I think that was the name).

Yep, BlueNile is the place. I bought Steph's engagement ring there and have all of the documentation on the diamond. I actually enjoyed the process and they were great to work with.

Putting on my serious hat for a minute: it's sad to me how many people feel down around this time of year. I guess it's the expectation that everyone should be upbeat at this time of year, but that's not the case. I wish I could help some of those people out.

Because some of us(me) do not like this time of yr. I hate the commercialization of the holidays, feeling obligated to go four or five xmases, buy presents, deal with family, reminds me of the loved ones I've lost and that my dad lost his brother on Christmas Day.

I've honestly haven't found a reason for the holidays to be a happy time in a long while.

It's such a racket dude. Terrible ripoff. Like a new car.

Unless your mother own's a jewelry store...hint hint...

I'm looking at a .83 ct excellent cut (round) si clarity, h color. Stone

I can't remember all of the specifics from my wife's ring, so this might not be as helpful, but I spent about $3k on it and it was roughly the same size or maybe slightly bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back