The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew their would be responsibility when adopting a dog but I never knew we would adopt a dog with a severe case of separation anxiety. It really has put me in the lowest of lows even though he is the most well behaved dog when we are around. Im just searching for answers

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Cage. Or get him a sister.

Tried crate training. Spent about 3 weeks on it. Followed our trainers directions to a T. He chewed a hole in his crate when we left him.

We have pondered another dog but we don't want to end up with double the problem.

I just can't give up on him because he is so well behaved 99% of the time

Tried crate training. Spent about 3 weeks on it. Followed our trainers directions to a T. He chewed a hole in his crate when we left him.

We have pondered another dog but we don't want to end up with double the problem.

Good luck. Maybe an older dog? You got a puppy right? Maybe a 4 or 5 year old?

No we got an older dog. He is about 5. Was abandoned at a rest stop.

Thanks though, smalls.

yay. what a new years eve...

Plastic crate?

Thunder jacket?

Plastic crate?

Ill post pictures of what he did to his plastic crate.

Thunder jacket?

We have that. We also have a DAP diffuser that plugs into the wall. One that goes around his neck. Clomicalm which was a prescription from the vet, and also a bunch of "puzzle" toys with goodies in it that he only gets when we are gone. He doesn't touch them until we get back (have watched him on Skype when we leave)

Another night with very little sleep. This needs to change.

This is what we're currently buried under, it's probably about 14 inches. And we're supposed to get several more inches today, it's snowing pretty good right now. Ironically, yes that is a palm tree hanging on the window, we can dream!

Ill post pictures of what he did to his plastic crate.

We have that. We also have a DAP diffuser that plugs into the wall. One that goes around his neck. Clomicalm which was a prescription from the vet, and also a bunch of "puzzle" toys with goodies in it that he only gets when we are gone. He doesn't touch them until we get back (have watched him on Skype when we leave)
Ours was a metal cage. Tara was fine when we left until we left for a week to pick up Jacqui's things from California, and the girl we had watch the dogs wasn't here as much as we hoped. She got destructive so we got the cage and she loved it. Once our remodel was finished a year later, she forgot to tear things up, so the cage was done. Our other dog, Bandit, had no such issues!

Spending a night in the hospital with surgery tomorrow. Took a ricochet bullet into my stomach while target shooting. Happy 2014!

Spending a night in the hospital with surgery tomorrow. Took a ricochet bullet into my stomach while target shooting. Happy 2014!

Holy shat Darren!

Oh man dude that's rough

This is what we're currently buried under, it's probably about 14 inches. And we're supposed to get several more inches today, it's snowing pretty good right now. Ironically, yes that is a palm tree hanging on the window, we can dream!
The palm tree is a nice touch. :)
HOLY CARP! Hope you're ok and have a speedy recovery.

Dude! Are you alright? That sounds pretty serious.

Thoughts and prayers out to you Darren. Get well soon.

JM

Dude! Are you alright? That sounds pretty serious.

I got lucky, but there's definitely a 9mm slug in me. Weird to tell people I got shot. It's still in the muscle wall. Didn't enter the abdominal cavity at all so I got really, really lucky.

I got lucky, but there's definitely a 9mm slug in me. Weird to tell people I got shot. It's still in the muscle wall. Didn't enter the abdominal cavity at all so I got really, really lucky.

Really lucky buddy. Speedy recovery.

Wow that is intense. Glad you are alright man!

The Official Rant of the Day

Thanks mates. I'm just mad I have to stay overnight.

Holy smokes man, good luck with everything

Thoughts are with you Darren. Hope it all goes well dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back