The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up at 2:30 this morning and looked outside. Strangely I had forgotten to plug my car in.

So, -25C, a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and some boots, and there I am outside plugging my car in at 2:30am.... stupid early morning appointments.

Flight is already delayed 50 minutes from Phoenix to Salt Lake.

Apparently not playing golf for 3 months means that my ability to hit a driver has completely disappeared. I played 2 rounds in Texas this week and maybe hit 6 fairways combined in those 2 rounds. I'm not happy about it.

Practice up, bro. No mercy. None.

#SweepTheLeg

Flight is already delayed 50 minutes from Phoenix to Salt Lake.

If you're in the US air concourse, look for a walk-up burrito place/stand that has white tile bordering. Your post will quickly turn into a HHJJ one.

The things people try to get away with for the sake of self benefit flat out baffles me sometimes.

The things people try to get away with for the sake of self benefit flat out baffles me sometimes.

It is a crazy world we live in these days. Seems all too often anymore that selflessness gives way to selfishness. Sad really.

It is a crazy world we live in these days. Seems all too often anymore that selflessness gives way to selfishness. Sad really.

I'm glad my mom tolerated nothing growing up, I hated it at the time but it sure as hell instilled morals in me.

True story.

I'm glad my mom tolerated nothing growing up, I hated it at the time but it sure as hell instilled morals in me.

I agree. That's probably one of my biggest fears as a father, hoping to god I give my daughters the tools they need to, above all else, be good people.

+1 my Mom instilled so much fear in me that when I got in trouble I would rather deal with the authorities over facing her wrath once I got home. Kept me on the right path & built me into the Southern Gentleman I am today.

If you're in the US air concourse, look for a walk-up burrito place/stand that has white tile bordering. Your post will quickly turn into a HHJJ one.

Southwest.

If I pick a lane it immediately becomes slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow. Unexpected school closures. People that don't know how to drive in snow. Needing to pee and being stuck in traffic.

Snow. Unexpected school closures. People that don't know how to drive in snow. Needing to pee and being stuck in traffic.

I've stopped and gone on the side of the interstate before during bad traffic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The Official Rant of the Day

I've stopped and gone on the side of the interstate before during bad traffic.
I wouldn't even need to pull over, just put the car in park. Just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on that move with all these cars and people stuck right here with me.

Wife was running late with the kids at a doc's appointment so she asked me to cook dinner. I gladly obliged, and started browning up some beef, still in my suit and tie.

Yeah. Grease splatter all over my jacket, tie, and shirt I've worn maybe twice. I treated them all, and I'm hoping none of them are permanently grease spotted now.

Laying in bed with son. Realize I have been watching Thomas for an hour after he has fallen asleep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have not posted here for a short while, but it have something eating at me.
And it is truly killing my soul.

I think this may get a bit long, so I apologize.
It is trouble with my 16 year old son, trouble with what I view as respect, work ethic, and desire.

A little back story with me: I was a know it all 16 year old myself, I stayed out all hours of the night and morning,ignoring my 11:30 PM curfew. My dad who is a tough love sort basically said these are my rules, live by them, or move in with your mother. So I did. My mom thought it was great, my stepdad didn't, I wasn't wanted, and he made it known. I lived in the basement, and was charged rent, food, etc. I was basically on my own from one month after I turned 16. I bought my own car, own insurance, worked, went to high school, graduated, and drove 37 miles to and from school each day to do so, joined the Navy, and entered into my adult life 2 years and 3 months after I moved out.at this point I hadn't spoken to my dad since I walked out of his house. I do want to say that I acknowledged I was wrong very soon after leaving for the navy, and we share an awesome relationship today!

Now, my son.
I understand, and get it that he is trying to find his way as he enters into manhood. But his attitude is constantly confrontational, and frankly pisses me off!
We don't ask much, to keep his living area somewhat clean, and his only chores are to take trash out for pickup every Monday, and load the dishwasher nightly. Now I am particular that no food enter the dishwasher, to pre rinse the dishes. Not difficult. I don't feel unreasonable.
He continually loads the dishwasher with heavily soiled plates, silverware, etc.
I explained there are reasons that I have him do it this way, and not just to be difficult.
He continues to ignore, which gets me riled.

3 nights ago, we had a bit of a heated argument over what he needs to do around the house. I hold grudges, as does my son. We haven't talked 2 words to each other since. It's killing me, and I am scared.
I don't want to have a combative relationship with anyone, but will hold my ground 100% for what I feel is right.
I realize that I'm not the easiest to deal with, I'm sort of a tough love, parent myself, it's the only way I know. But my sons have always knew how I stand!
My son does not get into trouble in school, he gets good grades, and is otherwise a great young man.
I have to leave for work tomorrow morning before he gets up, and may not be home by time he goes to bed.
This can't go on.
I will be the one to stop it, and try some civil talk.
This will happen Saturday morning.

Thanks, something I had to get off my chest.

Airplane travel.

And some guy who talked the ENTIRE flight. And thought he knew everything about everything.

Ugh. What a great morning. Wake up and leave for work and see my water heater spewing water. Awesome. There goes my plans for the weekend.

Good luck with your son, Slice. I've already had a bit of that happen with my 13 yr old daughter. My wife eventually pulled me aside and asked me to try talking to her when she did things like that, instead of getting angry and confrontational. It actually worked better than I expected, and she's backed off on doing the things she knows pushes our buttons. I hope your talk with him goes well.

Anyone else bored of checking tracking for packages and seeing "inclement weather delays" on there?

It's not a good excuse UPS. Stop using it.

This! We got snow like 3 days ago, and the streets are all clear, yet my package that was supposed to be delivered today got delayed until tomorrow. Sheesh.

This! We got snow like 3 days ago, and the streets are all clear, yet my package that was supposed to be delivered today got delayed until tomorrow. Sheesh.

hahaha I've got one that traveled across the country during the storm, and now, despite no snow over the last two days, has been stuck somewhere in mid-Ohio.

Not.Buying.It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back