The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCD, yes. It is an LG.

I had the Best Buy service plan on it, might take it to them tomorrow and see if they still honor what they did when I bought it.
Had an LCD monitor go bad on me. Took it to a local, trustworthy electronics guy. He fixed it for the time it took to melt the original solder, place the new capacitor in, and resolder it. All told, less than $10. Worth a looksee.

Just discovered that an ex-client trashed me online at a business review website. I'm not going to get into a public spat about it by responding, but it really ticks me off, especially when they weren't exactly truthful. I've worked very hard these last 14 years to be as honest and as helpful as I can with clients, to see someone make stuff up about me and rewrite history is maddening.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

So I have had the worse 24 hours almost ever. My flight got cancelled yesterday due to mech issues and I am flying out of Williston ND there is only a couple flights a day. They say come back this morning and we will get you on. Well there are 50 of us to get on other flights now. I did not get on the 6am so I have to hope for the 12 noon flight. I am now missing my the practice round today for HHI. If they cant get me on the 12 flight I cant fly to SAV. Told them just get me to ATL tonight and Ill rent a car. So there are 2 more flights today. I hope I get on one.

On top of that found out my sister has a 3.2 mass on her Flope tube yesterday. She is 33 and has 2 young kids and Her and I are super close. So she is freaked out and so am I. I am just beyond frustrated at this point. I was supposed to be in HHI already getting ready to golf today. This sucks. I hate that I cant do anything about either right now.

Sorry to hear about your sister. Hoping and praying for the best.

Sucks about your flights. Wish I was closer to ATL to pick you if I could. It's a small consolation but I have a little something from the DR for you when you get to HH.

Got word today that one of my good friends who plays 5-6 tournaments with me every summer was diagnosed with brain cancer. Don't know how bad it is or anything yet.

Got word today that one of my good friends who plays 5-6 tournaments with me every summer was diagnosed with brain cancer. Don't know how bad it is or anything yet.

Oh man Darren sorry to hear that dude. Brain cancer is a beast, but it's beatable as evidenced by 2 people I have golfed with. Thoughts are with your friend man.

Oh man Darren sorry to hear that dude. Brain cancer is a beast, but it's beatable as evidenced by 2 people I have golfed with. Thoughts are with your friend man.
We're having an indoor golf fundraiser on Sunday to raise some money for his treatment, so I assume it's treatable at present.

I wish I had better news, but we just got back from the vet and the ultrasound confirmed Duke has Congestive Heart Failure. His heart is 40% larger than it's supposed to be and both chambers are leaking. They gave me 5 different medications to give him, and I have a lot more trips back to the Vet over the next month. They said I need to monitor his breathing and make sure it starts to get better and not worse, if it gets worse I need to go back ASAP. Otherwise they are confident the meds will work.

The Ultrasound Doctor was also really nice and said for me to bring Duke back in 3 weeks for a recheck and he won't charge me. I think it's because I started crying in the office and he had to get me a tissue.

They also found a tumor on his spleen, but they said they aren't concerned about that right now, they don't think it's anything to worry about and it's definitely not bleeding. So for now it's all about fixing his heart so he can still have many years ahead of him.

I also have to put him on a no salt diet, so special food, and only carrots and green beans for treats. Oh, and I have to take him off his incontinence meds and they put him on a diuretic so he will just pee more. I may never sleep again, but I don't care, I will do anything for my little boy.

So sorry to hear this Morgan.

Sorry to hear this Morgan, but it sounds like it is treatable! Duke is a FIGHTER. He will get through this

Morgan I'm so so so sorry to hear that, I'm thinking about Duke for sure, nothing but extremely positive thoughts you guys way.

I wish I had better news, but we just got back from the vet and the ultrasound confirmed Duke has Congestive Heart Failure. His heart is 40% larger than it's supposed to be and both chambers are leaking. They gave me 5 different medications to give him, and I have a lot more trips back to the Vet over the next month. They said I need to monitor his breathing and make sure it starts to get better and not worse, if it gets worse I need to go back ASAP. Otherwise they are confident the meds will work.

The Ultrasound Doctor was also really nice and said for me to bring Duke back in 3 weeks for a recheck and he won't charge me. I think it's because I started crying in the office and he had to get me a tissue.

They also found a tumor on his spleen, but they said they aren't concerned about that right now, they don't think it's anything to worry about and it's definitely not bleeding. So for now it's all about fixing his heart so he can still have many years ahead of him.

GG so sorry to hear that hopefully the medications help him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

At least as the concerned parent, you knew something was wrong and were able to get him medication that has a good chance at helping the little guy out. Hoping for the best for him.

Sorry to hear that Morgan. Glad he is going to get the right help for things and I know he is in great hands with you two.

Im so sorry Morgan. Duke is a tough little guy. He will fight through this. Just take it one day at a time.

Really sorry to hear GG. Positive thoughts and hoping for the best.

I also have to put him on a no salt diet, so special food, and only carrots and green beans for treats. Oh, and I have to take him off his incontinence meds and they put him on a diuretic so he will just pee more. I may never sleep again, but I don't care, I will do anything for my little boy.

Hang in there Morgan. I'm so sorry to hear about Duke's struggles.

Sorry to hear it Morgan. Duke is a special dog and you know he is a fighter.

Sorry to hear that news GG. I really hope the medication helps out. Hoping for the best here.

Instead of concentrating on finishing up work so I can head to Hilton Head, I'm on hold for the IRS who claim that I didn't make my tax payment when I have all the receipts from the past few years for payments made.

So 30 minutes on hold so far to take care of something that I shouldn't have to. And they wonder why people don't like the IRS.

So sorry to hear that Morgan. I do hope the meds works and. The little guy gets better quickly! Positive thoughts are headed yours, Josh's, Ellie's and Duke's way.

Instead of concentrating on finishing up work so I can head to Hilton Head, I'm on hold for the IRS who claim that I didn't make my tax payment when I have all the receipts from the past few years for payments made.

So 30 minutes on hold so far to take care of something that I shouldn't have to. And they wonder why people don't like the IRS.

These dummies applied my 2012 tax payments to my 2013 taxes which I haven't even filed yet..........

How idiotic is that?

Grrrrrrrr

Thank you all for the kind words! I am enjoying a beautiful spring Florida afternoon on the patio with my babies. Making sure they are smothered with love.

edusa7e8.jpg

I also really wish we had a grocery delivery service here. I would like to get duke some green beans per the vets suggestion but I don't want to further upset him by leaving the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back