The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring her to a THP Event...

She hates golf with a passion, but if I can golf and she can take the kids to a Disney park for the day, we may have a winner. Working on that one. That is only temporary relief from the North though. She wants to stay near family, which I get, but I would like to be warm.

Could get to -30* with the wind chill here tonight. Great. I've been trying to get the wife to move to a warmer climate for years, but nothing seems to convince her.

A month ago today I went down to Florida for a week and loved it. Last night my wife said she has been expecting me to tell her I want to go back down again by now because she knows how happy I was when I was down there and how miserible I am here fighting depression due to winter. I told her I would have but since I am planning on buying new clubs this year and have to pay for Olde Stonewall event that I have been doing my best to get through so far. This winter has been a tough one but it sounds like we might be heading into a change in the pattern for the better coming soon. It can't get here soon enough.

Where abouts in the S. Tier are you at jt2929?

She hates golf with a passion, but if I can golf and she can take the kids to a Disney park for the day, we may have a winner. Working on that one. That is only temporary relief from the North though. She wants to stay near family, which I get, but I would like to be warm.

THP Event in Disney this year.
Win/Win

Could get to -30* with the wind chill here tonight. Great. I've been trying to get the wife to move to a warmer climate for years, but nothing seems to convince her.

Ok, we get it. Its going to be cold. You don't have to go making up fake numbers. This isn't the dark side of Neptune.

Arrive in Chicago, check in hotel, unpack and realize I left my business slacks at home. Unexpected shopping trip this afternoon.
I did that one business trip but with shirts. I pulled them from the closet, hung them in the living room where I was packing, and never put them in my suitcase.

I also drove from Albany to Rochester for a wedding...and never pulled a suit out of the closet. Dropped my girlfriend off at the ceremony and drove straight to the mall.

OEM's answer to my question is take it back to the folks that gave you the second one that was messed up.
Looks like they just really don't want my money.

My favorite travel related clothing story was when I was flying to Boston for a court hearing. While in the airplane bathroom, I drop a paper towel and when I go to pick it up, my tie goes in the toilet, getting the blue stuff all over it. I take it off and throw it away immediately (I was pissed; it was one of my favorites) and hope I can find a serviceable replacement in the airport terminal. Nope, airport is under construction, there is nothing. I could not show up to Court without a tie and am pressed for time. I'm envisioning just apologizing to the judge and telling him what happened instead of being late, but am scouring stores as the cab is driving me to the courthouse. I FINALLY see a Jos A Bank, so shout at the cabbie to stop, run in and get one real quick and everything turned out fine. It was hectic at the time. I now carry a back up, even on day trips.

My favorite travel related clothing story was when I was flying to Boston for a court hearing. While in the airplane bathroom, I drop a paper towel and when I go to pick it up, my tie goes in the toilet, getting the blue stuff all over it. I take it off and throw it away immediately (I was pissed; it was one of my favorites) and hope I can find a serviceable replacement in the airport terminal. Nope, airport is under construction, there is nothing. I could not show up to Court without a tie and am pressed for time. I'm envisioning just apologizing to the judge and telling him what happened instead of being late, but am scouring stores as the cab is driving me to the courthouse. I FINALLY see a Jos A Bank, so shout at the cabbie to stop, run in and get one real quick and everything turned out fine. It was hectic at the time. I now carry a back up, even on day trips.

You were really going to tell the judge you didn't have a tie because you dunked it in poop?

I would have just told him ties were for squares, drawing the shape in the air of course.

You were really going to tell the judge you didn't have a tie because you dunked it in poop?

I would have just told him ties were for squares, drawing the shape in the air of course.

I was lucky because he was relatively laid back, so I thought he'd enjoy the story and appreciate my effort in trying to remedy things. The other option was to find one and if it meant I was late, take the hate and blame the airline as much as possible. There are a few judges I know who wouldn't hear from you if you didn't have on a tie. That would have been when I pay a ridiculous amount of money for one off of some guy's neck before I went in the courtroom.

I was lucky because he was relatively laid back, so I thought he'd enjoy the story and appreciate my effort in trying to remedy things. The other option was to find one and if it meant I was late, take the hate and blame the airline as much as possible. There are a few judges I know who wouldn't hear from you if you didn't have on a tie. That would have been when I pay a ridiculous amount of money for one off of some guy's neck before I went in the courtroom.

I'm going to start standing outside courtrooms with a bunch of ties around my neck and have friends posted at the entrances "accidentally" spilling stuff onto lawyers' ties.

Sitting at the urologists office right now, getting booked for some fun tests. Yay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incessant giggle from a nearby coworker... Not the kind of giggle where someone is having fun, the kind to fill space between thoughts, and there aren't many thoughts flying out of that particular desk!

Very minor rant: had some time to kill this afternoon while running errands, drove to the Golfsmith closest to me. Get to the front door and see a sign saying that they are closed today due to storm-related damage. I'm going to assume their roof is leaking from all of the snow. This stupid winter needs to end soon.

Incessant giggle from a nearby coworker... Not the kind of giggle where someone is having fun, the kind to fill space between thoughts, and there aren't many thoughts flying out of that particular desk!

Every time they do it start laughing uncontrollably then just stop abruptly. Continue this until they stop. lol

hehe

hehe

hehe
hehe

hehe

Very minor rant: had some time to kill this afternoon while running errands, drove to the Golfsmith closest to me. Get to the front door and see a sign saying that they are closed today due to storm-related damage. I'm going to assume their roof is leaking from all of the snow. This stupid winter needs to end soon.

They are lucky if it is just leaking. I am surprised I haven't heard of any collapses from the weight of the snow. Has that been an issue yet?

Sitting at the urologists office right now, getting booked for some fun tests. Yay.

Oh man, sorry. Hope everything turns out okay.

Maybe this will make you feel better. The one time I had to have "fun" urologist exams - at the steady hand of a 70 year old male urologist - all I could think was "for the love of God please don't let "it" move"...there is simply no explanation a heterosexual man can give to explain that away.

Oh man, sorry. Hope everything turns out okay.

Maybe this will make you feel better. The one time I had to have "fun" urologist exams - at the steady hand of a 70 year old male urologist - all I could think was "for the love of God please don't let "it" move"...there is simply no explanation a heterosexual man can give to explain that away.

Lol! Yup, been there too.

At this point, fingers crossed that it's just kidney stones again. It feels weird to say "just" stones but the alternatives (and the resulting tests) aren't fun.

People who get in the express shopping lane for 12 items or less with a full cart. Jimminy ... read the sign.

People who get in the express shopping lane for 12 items or less with a full cart. Jimminy ... read the sign.
Worse than that is stopping at a store for just a bottle of water and the guy in front of you spends 15 minutes deciding which lottery scratch offs he wants.

Small rant -
I washed my car today.
It then rained.
D'OH!!

They are lucky if it is just leaking. I am surprised I haven't heard of any collapses from the weight of the snow. Has that been an issue yet?

There have definitely been roof collapses in the area over the past few weeks. Just none that were so severe to make the national news, I guess.

It's freaking February and I had to cut the lawn today. Yech! There's very few things I despise more than lawn maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back