The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people need perspective on the opportunities they have had

That's how I feel about all the stiff shafted clubs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never thought trying to find Regular flex gear would be so difficult. Even on Ebay the majority is Stiff!

I get so sick of so many wanting the cheapest option or the least expensive option. Then I hear the same people complain about the quality, jobs moving overseas or illegal immigrants taking low pay, low skill jobs. You can't have it both ways.

The tradition of entitlement. It sucks. But sadly it will always occur.

All one can do is be themselves and let the others figure it out on their own.

Preach dude. Sometimes taking a step back really makes you realize how good you have it, even if things seem bleak. I have done a lot of that lately.

I get so sick of so many wanting the cheapest option or the least expensive option. Then I hear the same people complain about the quality, jobs moving overseas or illegal immigrants taking low pay, low skill jobs. You can't have it both ways.

Solid rant right here!

Solid rant right here!

What finally did it was this woman needing work done on her home but didn't want to pay General Contractor prices and wanted a cheaper solution in regards to labor. Basically her options are to use a substandard contractor or an illegal immigrant working under the table. Either way she won't be happy and then will complain about the end result. It drives me nuts.

I was pretty darn happy with my purchase of my Heavenwood via CPO, but I can't say the same about the Big Bertha Irons I ordered. In fact I am borderline pissed off about it. I ordered "like new" condition and I just don't think that what they sent me falls into the category of "like new". I think the "very good" condition would be more appropriate, but I am going to let a fellow THPer put his eyes on them for a 2nd opinion. Perhaps I expected too much so his input will help me decide what to do. On top of the condition concerns, I ordered them with new Winn Dry Tac wrap standard grips and they put midsize grips on them. Says right on the cap "midsize", but the invoice shows standard. Dunno how you mess that up. I traded clubs that I liked to make the deal more affordable and now I am out those clubs if I decide to send the irons back. On top of all that I paid for 2 days shipping so I would have them for this weekend's "The Gethering" golf adventure and now I won't be able to play them due to the 15 100% refund clause. If I play them, no 100% back. I emailed them with no response and I have twitted to them and got no response either. I was so excited to swing these clubs. Sold off a lot of things that I liked to make this purchase and find myself with clubs I can't even use yet. Needless to say I ain't a happy camper.
So I was able to talk to Russ at CPO and he was awesome. He is going to overnight me a replacement set so I will have them for the golf weekend. The clubs will be Friday morning before 10:00 am.. He was incredibly nice, agreeable and understanding. I actually felt bad about having been so riled up.

What finally did it was this woman needing work done on her home but didn't want to pay General Contractor prices and wanted a cheaper solution in regards to labor. Basically her options are to use a substandard contractor or an illegal immigrant working under the table. Either way she won't be happy and then will complain about the end result. It drives me nuts.

I had a situation recently where I gave a solid quote at my "friends/family" pricing and was told I'm trying to take advantage of them because some guy from Craigslist quoted about 25% less.

I walked away and a month later they were begging me to come fix everything. Nope.

For those who know me, know I generally know I like it to be quite cold.
Last night on the way home from Arcadia Bluffs I got real cold...

And now this...
60fd9938eff4b19c06aba964a593cf51.jpg

Does this mean I can consider myself elderly?...

My in-laws once again forgot to get my son off the bus today. I hate complaining about something like that, they've always been accommodating to us & helpful with the kids, but my wife called and texted yesterday to confirm they could still do it, they said they could... and then they didn't. Which led to an absolutely panicked call from my wife to me as she was FLYING to my son's school to see if he was there when she got home from her meeting and found the house locked up and no one here. I called our neighbors and thankfully he was there, my wife in her panic didn't think to check there since their son normally is watched by someone else. Today happened to be one of the days the mom was working from home so she took in my son when no one showed up to get him off the bus.

Still, though... those few moments of raw panic you feel when your wife calls hysterical that your son is missing is just terrifying.

I was driving home from work and started to notice my brakes felt odd. I was concerned because I just put pads and rotors on it about a month ago.

It sounded like something was loose in the front end when I hit a bump and my brakes made some weird sounds when I hit them.

So when I get home at around 6:30, I pull the front tire off and look around. It turns out one of the bolts that holds the caliper to the hub assembly broke/fell out so the caliper was moving all around.

It only cost $2 for the new bolts but it was a pain in the butt to fix in the dark.

For those who know me, know I generally know I like it to be quite cold.
Last night on the way home from Arcadia Bluffs I got real cold...

And now this...
60fd9938eff4b19c06aba964a593cf51.jpg

Does this mean I can consider myself elderly?...

Only if you eat dinner at 4pm

License Plate Tabs or Stickers. $370 for 2 little stupid stickers. What a rip off.

License Plate Tabs or Stickers. $370 for 2 little stupid stickers. What a rip off.
Gonna bet this state has lower taxes...
Wow wrong state I guess... 74 here (per sticker).

...than this state.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Paying mine today down here in Indianapolis.. $338..

Paying mine today down here in Indianapolis.. $338..
About $100 here. I assume these are like the registration sticker in NY?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My birthday and JB's birthday is in the same month so we get hit with renewals for all vehicles at the same time.

My wife and I are 3 days apart. July is always fun, last minute trips to the DMV.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back