The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good news to end this, if a bit odd. The contents of my wallet were found on the golf course grounds. But my wallet was not. They said the cards were scattered on the ground. My wallet was a slim metal clip built for carrying cards so the only way that could have happened is if the cards were taken out. Weird. But if I had to lose one or the other permanently, the decision is a no brainer.
That is odd. And the fact that someone probably took them out and then left them is weird. If it were me i would probably still cancel the credit cards and get new ones, only because the info could have still been taken. Just my $.02

So good news to end this, if a bit odd. The contents of my wallet were found on the golf course grounds. But my wallet was not. They said the cards were scattered on the ground. My wallet was a slim metal clip built for carrying cards so the only way that could have happened is if the cards were taken out. Weird. But if I had to lose one or the other permanently, the decision is a no brainer.

Odd, but glad you got your cards back.
Goes without saying, but watch your accounts like a hawk!

That is odd. And the fact that someone probably took them out and then left them is weird. If it were me i would probably still cancel the credit cards and get new ones, only because the info could have still been taken. Just my $.02

Criminals have figured out that credit cards get you caught. Probably looking for cash and gift cards.

Odd, but glad you got your cards back.
Goes without saying, but watch your accounts like a hawk!

Criminals have figured out that credit cards get you caught. Probably looking for cash and gift cards.

I did end up cancelling my credit and debit card last night, because I am - if nothing else - paranoid. And anyone hoping for cash or gift cards were disappointed, I go cash-less as often as possible. I did give a reward to the employee that found them, which I thought was the right thing to do.

I will admit that I am annoyed at losing the card clip though, I had that thing for 20 years! Not sure what I will replace it with yet.

I totally get it. We went to a musical on Saturday and left it singing and having a great time. After stopping by her moms for 45 minutes and hearing complaints about this person and that person, etc, Michelle said it pretty much wiped out all the great mood she had after the show.

Know what your mistake was? Going to her house. :tongue:

There is a reason I avoid some family, even if I am in the area. I know, I know ... family. You didn't get to choose them when you were born, but when you get older, you CAN choose when to interact with them.

Took our dog to the vet earlier today because she started throwing up for the 3rd time in a week. Vet did blood work and X-rays and sent us home from there. I had to go to work at 4 PM....I get a message from my wife at 5 PM that our dog pooped all over our son's room, which is very weird because our dog never poops inside. So now my wife and the dog are at the animal hospital and they "found something" on the X-rays, and I'm sitting here at work feeling helpless. Plus we had to call a babysitter to watch our son because of this emergency since I'm not at home. This is when I hate having a job where I work nights and weekends.

Hoping for the best, Amol.

It's truly sad. If something like this can't put things into perspective then those trolls are lost and there is no help.

Don't lose hope, bc you guys run the best site and in the end those that are here to stir the pot don't last.

Ok there are few refugees I wouldn't lend a hand to if they needed it.

Took our dog to the vet earlier today because she started throwing up for the 3rd time in a week. Vet did blood work and X-rays and sent us home from there. I had to go to work at 4 PM....I get a message from my wife at 5 PM that our dog pooped all over our son's room, which is very weird because our dog never poops inside. So now my wife and the dog are at the animal hospital and they "found something" on the X-rays, and I'm sitting here at work feeling helpless. Plus we had to call a babysitter to watch our son because of this emergency since I'm not at home. This is when I hate having a job where I work nights and weekends.

Sorry buddy, I hope all works out.

Best wishes for all, Doc.

Scooters and obesity. Holy moley there are some massive people in America and Disney World.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooters and obesity. Holy moley there are some massive people in America and Disney World.

Yup, I'm at DW now and realized the same thing; meatballs everywhere.

Yup, I'm at DW now and realized the same thing; meatballs everywhere.

I'm here too. Standing waiting for the fireworks.

temporary_zpsm3liukav.jpg

American Airlines. Second flight in a row that has been diverted then cancelled. Stuck in Chicago for the night

I'm here too. Standing waiting for the fireworks.

Cool. We got here today, doing fireworks tomorrow. Sadly, no golf even though weather is perfect.

Cool. We got here today, doing fireworks tomorrow. Sadly, no golf even though weather is perfect.

Me neither. No golf allowed for me. The weather is amazing.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Our dog is getting admitted overnight, ultrasound of her abdomen tomorrow with possible surgery if they find a blockage. :-(

Sorry to hear Amol. Sick pets are really tough to See. Hope everything goes well for you guys.

American Airlines. Second flight in a row that has been diverted then cancelled. Stuck in Chicago for the night

Hope you are not flying with them for the grandaddy. Your luck isn't looking good

I know you're working the diet, but:

Giordano's
119 South Main Street
Naperville, IL 60540

So I just got an email saying there's unusual activity on my debit card. My night just keeps getting better.

So I just got an email saying there's unusual activity on my debit card. My night just keeps getting better.

Happened to me a while back. Switched to a CC for everything, much better to have it that way instead of having the risk of your checking account being drained.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back