The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone else footing the bill? If not, do what you want. It's your day, no one else's. I know, I know ... family pressures but ... it's still your day.

Nope, we are paying for it.

Someone else footing the bill? If not, do what you want. It's your day, no one else's. I know, I know ... family pressures but ... it's still your day.

Yep. Ours cost About $25 for the license, $400 for the Elvis ceremony, $250 for the hotel room and about $600 for the flights. $1200-$1300 total. And no bills after.

Plus I got a wife who let me choose an Elvis wedding! Win all the way around!

Our washer decided to stop working in the middle of a cycle today. I can't get it to work after trying some easy fixes, and I can't get anyone out here to look at it until Monday. What really stinks about Monday is that I wanted to play golf with my dad on that day, and now I have to sit around here and wait on a repairman to look at the washer.

Replying to myself: it took the repair guy 5 minutes to determine that the washer is pretty much dead and it would cost just as much to repair the washer as it will be to get a new washer. This is not a hassle that I needed right now. In good news for everyone else: I'll be putting some stuff on BST later this week to offset the cost.

Replying to myself: it took the repair guy 5 minutes to determine that the washer is pretty much dead and it would cost just as much to repair the washer as it will be to get a new washer. This is not a hassle that I needed right now. In good news for everyone else: I'll be putting some stuff on BST later this week to offset the cost.

We just replaced our washer and dryer (turns out the house we bought didn't actually come with them - poor reading comprehension on our part). We got an LG set that was way discounted from the original price with a bunch of features and my wife has been really happy with. I can look up the model info for you if you're interested.

We just replaced our washer and dryer (turns out the house we bought didn't actually come with them - poor reading comprehension on our part). We got an LG set that was way discounted from the original price with a bunch of features and my wife has been really happy with. I can look up the model info for you if you're interested.
We got and LG washer and dryer a few weeks ago and absolutely love them

Here's the washer we got.

http://www.lg.com/us/washers/lg-WT5480CW-top-load-washer

We got LG stove, fridge, washer and dryer so I was able to get a Killer deal at home depot. I believe the washer and dryer came out to under 750 each

We got and LG washer and dryer a few weeks ago and absolutely love them

Here's the washer we got.

http://www.lg.com/us/washers/lg-WT5480CW-top-load-washer

We got LG stove, fridge, washer and dryer so I was able to get a Killer deal at home depot. I believe the washer and dryer came out to under 750 each

Thanks for the info, but we likely have to go with a compact stackable washer/dryer because the current washer/dryer is in a closet in our condo, so that's going to limit our options. Glad to know that people are having success with LG though.

More her day, make it happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My back is still very sore this morning. I Pulled it on the first hole Saturday morning at the Harbour Club in Savannah and at the time it was just a little twinge. Well that little twinge kept growing into an arse kicker. This morning is my senior blitz and there is no way in hell I could tee it up today.. Getting old is rough boys and girls :beat-up:

Managed to lose my GPS after the first round of our Club championship. I remember turning it off on 18, pulling up to my trunk, cleaning out the cart, and grabbing a bite at the clubhouse, but will be dam*ed if I can recall actually putting it in the bag/trunk. Just nothing there, a blur. Day 2, pulled out the clubs from the trunk and nuttin'. I've pawed through the bag and car, and while I found some pretty nasty Happy Meal remnants, no GPS.

Not sure if I'm more p*ssed over my stupidity or worried about the family history of dementia at this point. My memory should be better than this, surely.

Day 9 of no internet service. Called the provider yesterday (shady company and I don't even know the name) and was on the phone for 40 minutes to determine that my Ethernet cable wasn't the problem (I could've told him that in 40 seconds). We left it as my case will be escalated to stage 2 (how many F'n stages of "no network connection" can there be?) and I have heard nothing today.

Tapatalk for the win (yay?)!

Sometimes it just seems like one thing after another that puts a dent in the pocket book. It gets old. Fast.

Wedding invite list... Who knew that 175 was a small number?

I did. ddec and I had our original list around that. Then our families got a hold of the list and we ended up with 186 people who came to our wedding and inviting 200+

I am not looking forward to any possible future wedding reception it seems after reading some of this. I'd rather use that money towards something more useful to me at least. Plus 175 people seams like a crazy high amount. I'm much more of the mindset of a smaller more intimate wedding maybe 50 people total. Even just thinking of that number seems expensive.

Sore throat, blocked nose and aching all over.....looks like the cold that has been doing the rounds in the office has finally got me

I am not looking forward to any possible future wedding reception it seems after reading some of this. I'd rather use that money towards something more useful to me at least. Plus 175 people seams like a crazy high amount. I'm much more of the mindset of a smaller more intimate wedding maybe 50 people total. Even just thinking of that number seems expensive.

I can't personally wrap my head around having 100+ people at a wedding. I am pretty sure I don't know, or like 100+ people to even invite them to a wedding. When JB and I were planning our wedding our guest list was 25 and that was because we were obligated to invite family. Then we said screw it and got married at the courthouse, and by courthouse I mean the place where people pay their parking tickets. It was just us, his parents and some random dude who officiated. We were done in 15 minutes and it cost us like $60.

My oldest sons wedding had 300+
My middle son had 150+
My youngest is still single

Glad I had three boys and not girls!

First two were crazy expensive for the brides parents. Cost me enough just for the rehearsal dinner. Great weddings but I would have rather seen them put the money to their future.

I can't personally wrap my head around having 100+ people at a wedding. I am pretty sure I don't know, or like 100+ people to even invite them to a wedding. When JB and I were planning our wedding our guest list was 25 and that was because we were obligated to invite family. Then we said screw it and got married at the courthouse, and by courthouse I mean the place where people pay their parking tickets. It was just us, his parents and some random dude who officiated. We were done in 15 minutes and it cost us like $60.

Are you saying that you don't like the THPers you have met then GG? :alien:

Our wedding was 200-ish. My wife and I are from a Dutch background and that's basically the norm.

We had 125 people at our reception. Maybe 50 of them went to the actual ceremony.

To this day, 17 years after the fact, I'll look at pics from that day and say "who the heck is THAT?" and my wife won't know either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sears Outlet in your area? They usually have some good deals on all sorts of appliances.

And because of that this place exists in some weird twisted way.
You rock...
Then again, my plan was to remarry you in Vegas....Try to do something nice for some jackhole and didnt get that option. Next time that happens.

I barely had over 300 people in my highschool lol couldn't imagine that at a wedding

I did. ddec and I had our original list around that. Then our families got a hold of the list and we ended up with 186 people who came to our wedding and inviting 200+

Those are pretty much the exact numbers we had. It was one of the best days of both of our lives.

We had 150. The list started at over 200, the first 60 or so names were relatives on my dads side of the family. We ended up getting the list down to around 200.

It's ridiculously expensive, but for me, it all came down to what the wife wanted. It's her day. I think the men are just along for the ride, I know I was. Good luck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back