The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
All fair points. Orlando is indeed brutal, and I've always heard great things about the Gulf Coast.

We are lucky here in WA for sure, it gets actually cold only very briefly. But I used to live in SLC and the winters were ok for me because I had other stuff to do, like skiing, winter hiking, etc.

I guess my point was, cold weather can be what you make of it. You can let it defeat you, or you can find ways to enjoy it. There is a lot of beauty to be found in winter with the right approach.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think you guys have it the best out on the West Coast - you don't have to go too too far to get to snow if you're into those sports, but you've got it easier than we do here with winters.

We had our first snow today, and while I'm a bit down because that ends this wonderful extended golf season we had, I'm looking forward to getting enough on the ground to go cross-country and downhill skiing.

Wife has pink eye and a cold.

Ok so I'm watching the evening news with MrsV and live from downtown Cleveland there is a group of protesters blocking traffic at entrances to all major highways. They're protesting the ruling from the Supreme Court in regards to the Tamir Rice case. This is the FOURTH judge that ruled charges will not be filed against the police and while yes it was very tragic what happened, the officers acted properly and would not be charged with the killing.

For those unfamiliar, Tamir Rice was a 12 year old child who was shot and killed by police officers who responded to multiple calls from citizens reporting a young male pointing a gun at people as they walked by. Here's a picture of Tamir before police showed up
f3d50875d47ba3eba2b4dca0f3e588ba.jpg

Police arrive to the scene and Tamir points his gun at the first officer to get out of the patrol car
1d44b168bf2ab8c176e1609c10cda559.jpg

Police shoot Tamir. And it turns out the gun was a toy. How on earth is an officer supposed to know that this is a toy in a matter of a split second while it's being pointed at him
32753090a4d47aa7147bf52252f4f2da.jpg

And the family won't accept anything other than the police were out of line. I don't get it. I understand it's extremely tragic. But come on. This has been going on for over a year now.

Remember back in the day when toy guns were green, or orange, and you sure as hell would never mistake it for a real one?

How anyone could look at the gun in that box, and say with any level of certainty that it is a toy, amazes me.

Ok so I'm watching the evening news with MrsV and live from downtown Cleveland there is a group of protesters blocking traffic at entrances to all major highways. They're protesting the ruling from the Supreme Court in regards to the Tamir Rice case. This is the FOURTH judge that ruled charges will not be filed against the police and while yes it was very tragic what happened, the officers acted properly and would not be charged with the killing.

For those unfamiliar, Tamir Rice was a 12 year old child who was shot and killed by police officers who responded to multiple calls from citizens reporting a young male pointing a gun at people as they walked by. Here's a picture of Tamir before police showed up

Police arrive to the scene and Tamir points his gun at the first officer to get out of the patrol car

Police shoot Tamir. And it turns out the gun was a toy. How on earth is an officer supposed to know that this is a toy in a matter of a split second while it's being pointed at him

And the family won't accept anything other than the police were out of line. I don't get it. I understand it's extremely tragic. But come on. This has been going on for over a year now.
Oh and over half those peeps protesting today were from MI...very few peeps from OH supposedly which shows u how effed up it all is

Also i think one of the ladies that works for me was on the grand jury. Will know tomorrow

Oh and over half those peeps were from MI.

Also i think one of the ladies that works for me was on the grand jury. Will know tomorrow

Ya they said the majority was from a Black Lives Matter group in Detroit

Remember back in the day when toy guns were green, or orange, and you sure as hell would never mistake it for a real one?

How anyone could look at the gun in that box, and say with any level of certainty that it is a toy, amazes me.

Seriously. The mother of the victim claims the police officer could have used better judgement and recognized the age of the victim and that it was a toy gun. Give me a break

Seriously. The mother of the victim claims the police officer could have used better judgement and recognized the age of the victim and that it was a toy gun. Give me a break

Total crock. Nevermind the toy maker, that gun looks pretty realistic.. But you're saying the police are to take an extra few seconds to try and determine if it's real or not when they could be getting possibly shot at?

Yeah ok protestors, you're adorable. As we say down in the South, "Bless your hearts"

It's asinine, but all part of the new narrative that is being pushed. Meanwhile a cop was lured out of his car and savagely beaten just because he was a cop. But that's not reported.

It is a lot easier than asking yourself why you bought your son a gun that looks too real or why you didn't know your son had such a 'toy' or what you did/didn't do as a parent that could have made a difference.

It is a lot easier than asking yourself why you bought your son a gun that looks too real or why you didn't know your son had such a 'toy' or what you did/didn't do as a parent that could have made a difference.

I hate trying to think for the mother. I have no idea what frame of mind I would be in if that happened to my son. But let's be real here. Something went wrong here with this 12 year old.

back in the day we were taught not to point guns whether a toy or not at a cop. We were also taught to respect authority even if we didn't agree with them.

New rule: If you point a gun at a police officer that is either real or looks real you have the right to be shot. When are we going to stop blaming everyone else but ourselves for our kids that are out of control? They know no accountability because they aren't being taught it anymore, play with the sword die by the sword.

New rule: If you point a gun at a police officer that is either real or looks real you have the right to be shot. When are we going to stop blaming everyone else but ourselves for our kids that are out of control? They know no accountability because they aren't being taught it anymore, play with the sword die by the sword.

Yep. Wasn't that called "Suicide by Cop" not too long ago?

I told Mr V to get a job in Florida weeks ago ... and for some reason, I'm still here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told Mr V to get a job in Florida weeks ago ... and for some reason, I'm still here.

That's a shame. He's not even trying

Thats an old rule.

It sadly isn't the first time it has happened, it has been happening for years. It's just a new thing to blame the police for it. Their is a cop in FL currently facing charges for a similar incident.

That's a shame. He's not even trying

I have no clue what I would do for work. Not exactly a ton of steel mills in Florida. Which is why I'm pretty close to saying eff it and going back to school for something while my company is willing to pay for it

I have no clue what I would do for work. Not exactly a ton of steel mills in Florida. Which is why I'm pretty close to saying eff it and going back to school for something while my company is willing to pay for it

Just stare at someone angrily until they give you a job. That seems like it would work.

It never gets old laughing at those of us not smart enough to move away from this nonsense, does it?
I can understand why people live up north now. Family, job, friends, etc. But way back when, why did the first few people stay after a couple of winters. Did they not understand that it was not an accident to have butt deep snow every year? That south is warmer than north?

It is 78° outside @ 645 pm. Now, it is supposed to be cold 1 or 2 days next month. There are 2 seasons in south Florida. Summer and the 8-10 days a year that aren't summer.

Nope, but dermatology offices are on every corner. And lucky for me that's all I know. I'll work - you can be a SAHD

My company is looking for a maintenance man down there. There's always McD's or being JB'S pool boy.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Individual accountability doesn't exist anymore for most people. We have become a dependent, entitled society with a victim mentality.

This is infuriating because the version of the story I heard on our news stations goes nothing like that

The only thing stupider than being a piece of trash and waving a very real looking toy gun at police is having all these crazy people defend it afterwards. Huh?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back