The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
USAA has always done a good job for me. Good luck with car shopping ... I hate it!
Yep. I've been with them for over 25 years and this is my first claim with them.

I'm sure it'll be more fair.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Just think of it as your monthly reminder to not text and drive :wink:
Touche!! An expensive reminder indeed.

I was probably going to end up buying an new vehicle in the next year as this one has 200K on it.

But you like to do things on your terms

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

e7c13e832b4e624f506b6bb50542f4ee.jpg

This is on my guest bathroom floor next to Kai's room. I'm going to sit and watch the news while I calm the eff down
Ha-ha holy **** I remember my first beer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ha-ha holy **** I remember my first beer.

Nothing like passing out in the bathroom of someone else's house.

Nothing like passing out in the bathroom of someone else's house.
Seriously.

I've done some stupid stuff in my life but if I ever end up on someone's bathroom floor at 40 shoot me.

Bad things happen in 3's, I guess: wife is as sick as I've seen her in years, dishwasher decided to stop draining water this morning, and my laptop stop taking a charge when plugged in today. None of those are huge things by themselves, but all together, it made for one heck of a morning and early afternoon. I'm glad my wife is finally feeling better after basically sleeping on and off from 8 PM last night until 2 PM today.

Got an email from USAA saying the initial assement on my SUV may be a total loss, but they are sending an adjuster out to look at it tomorrow.

I was shocked to hear that at first. Then I started doing some research this morning. The mechanical part is already at $1,900 the body shop hasn't looked at the body damage yet, but I'm guessing a whole new front fender and parts will probably come in close to $2,000 or so. The KBB resale value I looked up this morning shows it range from $4,500 to $7,000. So I guess it will be close.

I'm really not looking forward to making car payments again.

That sux.

Is there anything more disgusting in home renovation then removing an old wax ring from a toilet?

Not sure, but I have a very close second, if not 1st ... unclogging a "P trap" ..

Is there anything more disgusting in home renovation then removing an old wax ring from a toilet?

No. Only thing close is replacing or cleaning drains at a new to you home. Sorry man! I feel you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure, but I have a very close second, if not 1st ... unclogging a "P trap" ..
Anything plumbing repair pretty much is filthy, nasty and disgusting. Hate doing it!

Just had to reset the tankless water heater.....that can't be a good thing.

Just had to reset the tankless water heater.....that can't be a good thing.
Surprised you have one of these with all the kiddos.

Does it keep up OK? I've heard nightmare stories.

Surprised you have one of these with all the kiddos.

Does it keep up OK? I've heard nightmare stories.

I have one and will never go back to conventional. If it's sized properly and installed properly it's awesome.

If you had to reset it, I wonder if there is a buildup of scale on the flow sensor. How often do you flush it with vinegar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to a golf show yesterday and the Chicago Auto Show today.This has been my 3rd golf show and it was so lame.The car show was alive and always will be.Is it just the game or is it me?Boy are golf shows boring.

Why is that a rant?
FWIW, not everybody feels the same way. Especially on a golf website.

I went to the Vancouver Golf Show yesterday and as a show it was pretty stale. By that I mean there is nothing to pull you in as you do your first pass around the floor.

However, once you take the time to immerse yourself in the displays and talk to the people behind the counters it becomes fun, not to mention the amazing deals that can be had.

I went to the Vancouver Golf Show yesterday and as a show it was pretty stale. By that I mean there is nothing to pull you in as you do your first pass around the floor.

However, once you take the time to immerse yourself in the displays and talk to the people behind the counters it becomes fun, not to mention the amazing deals that can be had.

The one in St Louis this weekend was like a giant flea market of golf stuff. I was hoping to find a set of LH blades that I could rebuild but no luck. Lots of righty stuff but nothing interesting for a leftie. I did however almost buy a square driver for $7 just for giggles but then better sense kicked in.

One of my biggest pet peeves of the St Louis golf show is that the manufacturers presence is so tiny compared to the vendors and even the ones that are there have abysmal demo setups. Titleist doesn't even have presence.

The one in St Louis this weekend was like a giant flea market of golf stuff. I was hoping to find a set of LH blades that I could rebuild but no luck. Lots of righty stuff but nothing interesting for a leftie. I did however almost buy a square driver for $7 just for giggles but then better sense kicked in.

One of my biggest pet peeves of the St Louis golf show is that the manufacturers presence is so tiny compared to the vendors and even the ones that are there have abysmal demo setups. Titleist doesn't even have presence.

Michael Vrska spoke of square drivers in the latest THP Radio episode.

Michael Vrska spoke of square drivers in the latest THP Radio episode.

Now I'm intrigued to listen.

I'm sorry,but stale would be a positive comment to these shows so far.Nothing against golf,but where is the entertainment value to these?Also a bad idea to attend an extravaganza Chicago Auto Show the day after.Do any golf shows have any entertainment besides trying to sell me a condo down south?

No. Only thing close is replacing or cleaning drains at a new to you home. Sorry man! I feel you!

I just did a wax ring earlier this week and was thinking the same thing.
Bad things happen in 3's, I guess: wife is as sick as I've seen her in years, dishwasher decided to stop draining water this morning, and my laptop stop taking a charge when plugged in today. None of those are huge things by themselves, but all together, it made for one heck of a morning and early afternoon. I'm glad my wife is finally feeling better after basically sleeping on and off from 8 PM last night until 2 PM today.
I had a similar problem with our dishwasher. I took the drain hose off the dishwasher and flushed it with the hottest water I could get out of my facet. That seemed to help. Might be worth a try before replacing the dishwasher or calling a professional.

Cancer.

I hate it. I despise it.

My grandma on my dad's side lost her battle this morning, but she's finally not in pain anymore. She battled for almost 20 years through hit after hit, different type after different type, pain on top of pain. She did it though with absolute peace in that when it was her time, she knew what was in store for her as she left friends and family behind.

The hardest part for me is that my daughter only got to meet her once, the relationship we had was not a normal one, but she is still my grandma. Its better this way, and you tell yourself that again and again, but its just words. She was the rock to that side of the family, and I know that my grandpa won't be long as his own reason to fight this bastard disease has left him.

Hug your loved ones, and don't waste a chance to see them when you have it.

391d75d1028203db39cfdaaf9a3f1c2e.jpg

Very sorry for your and your family's loss, James. Even if you were not close, like you said - losing a grandparent is still hard.

So sorry Jman. We are thinking about you.

Sorry Jman. Thoughts are with you buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back