The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest-Part V

Thanks guys! I still feel like I have a long way to go, but 15-20 pounds is nothing compared to the 78 I have already lost. I know one day I am going to look back on this decision and really thank myself. With the heart problems that run in my family, being overweight just increases those chances that much more. I have found that I can still enjoy foods I love in moderation, but when you start looking at food more as fuel than as reward/enjoyment, it makes things a lot easier.

Congrats TH34, that's huge man! I kind of tell myself a little saying often these days, "eat to live, don't live to eat".

One thing I've changed is my commute habits. It used to be filled with junk food and soda.now it's a liter of water, 2 pieces of fruit and a hardboiled egg, or a slice or two of turkey breast rolled up. I didn't think much of it really. But Lee commented on how of a better mood I am in, none of that Hangry business.
When I used to have a long drive to work, gas station snacks and soda killed me.
Bagle day for all of the Feb birthdays

I passed

I like Bagels
I could crush a bagel right now.
Thanks guys! I still feel like I have a long way to go, but 15-20 pounds is nothing compared to the 78 I have already lost. I know one day I am going to look back on this decision and really thank myself. With the heart problems that run in my family, being overweight just increases those chances that much more. I have found that I can still enjoy foods I love in moderation, but when you start looking at food more as fuel than as reward/enjoyment, it makes things a lot easier.
I hear that dude, Im trying to drop 10 more lbs, and at times it seems impossible. Then I look back at pictures of me when I was 330 lbs and think, dayum, I've come this far and kept it off, another 10 lbs is easy peasy.

When I used to have a long drive to work, gas station snacks and soda killed me.

I hear that dude, Im trying to drop 10 more lbs, and at times it seems impossible. Then I look back at pictures of me when I was 330 lbs and think, dayum, I've come this far and kept it off, another 10 lbs is easy peasy.

To the bolded, I think the biggest obstacle for me, is convincing myself I only need to lose another 15-20. I look at myself and see the guy who weighed 276 still. It is funny, when I was super overweight I never had image issues, but now that I am under 200 I notice every bit of fat on my body, and I just want to rip it off. I know that 15-20 pounds is a lot on a guy under 200, but sometimes it doesn't seem like it will be enough.

Iv'e started reading a book called Burn the Fat; Feed The Muscle. The interesting thing about this is how big a deal the author makes about setting goals; writing them down and focusing on those goals. How nothing really happens without doing this first. How 95% of people never write down any goals. I've heard this before, and I needed to hear it again.

I'm writing my goals down this time & tracking my progress so much better than before. I think it helps when those daily temptations arrive.

I'm sorry guys...but I'm having a serious moment of weakness...and it is just weakness...it's not like anyone died or anything...I just like beer...alot.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Weighed in at 169 this morning. Down 13 lbs since the THP biggest loser contest started. Feeling real good and still have my mind set on my goal of 160

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Weighed in at 169 this morning. Down 13 lbs since the THP biggest loser contest started. Feeling real good and still have my mind set on my goal of 160

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Great job.

I have struggled this week. Can't find the motivation to get out and do any kind of workout. Just hope that my healthy eating does the trick.

Always seems to happen for me with these Biggest Loser Events midway through.

Need to fight through and just knock it out.

I have struggled this week. Can't find the motivation to get out and do any kind of workout. Just hope that my healthy eating does the trick.

Dude, it's been in the low 70s all week. Beautiful weather. Get out and run.

Oh wait, you havent moved yet.

This has been by far the worst week for me. Have worked out twice as much this week and feel like I have eaten healthier. Scale however keeps moving wrong direction. 2 more days to work on it, but right now I am dreading Monday.

It happens. You'll recover & pick it up. Just a temporary setback my friend!

This has been by far the worst week for me. Have worked out twice as much this week and feel like I have eaten healthier. Scale however keeps moving wrong direction. 2 more days to work on it, but right now I am dreading Monday.

You got this Shev. We all hit plateus & temporary setbacks. Just take it one meal at a time, one workout at a time. Don't get discouraged. You'll start moving the needle in the right direction!

This will not be a great week for me. Haven't worked out in a week, but whatever I did to my side/back muscle is still an issue, so I gotta be patient. I haven't done terrible eating-wise, but I think just generally eating too much. I figure this might be a gain week for me. I'm itching to start working out hard!

*Sigh* I wish weigh in was Saturdays ...

Been sick most of the week, so not much exercise. Did manage Orange Theory on Wednesday, and have an outdoor event planned for today ... so I think I will do OK ... Monday just seems to be my heaviest day ...

Sushi date with the wife tonight! Carb load for walking 18 tomorrow, so it's all good.

Lots of walking on the course today and now time for a workout

Between chasing my two kids and two nephews at the park this morning, the 30 mile bike ride and an hour range session... I feel quite active today.

Hoping for a big drop this weekend.

Walked/ran 4.75 miles this morning. Including some "sprint" intervals (well, sprints for me right now. Right hamstring was barking, but I got my HR up & ran each until I couldn't go at that pace anymore.

Eating better today.

22000 steps today i better drop a few lbs

Just checked the scale and not doing bad this week. Going to knock out a 5-7 mile run tomorrow morning.

I've been good all week, but, I always feel bad on Sunday night because I don't think I've lost any weight. Come Mondays, I've had a loss each week, so, I'm hoping for the same results in the morning. Dinner tonight was an Atkins entrée--Lasagna. I swear to God, it looked like a single, large ravioli! I'm not sure that's gong to hold me over until weigh-in. :at-wits-end:

Ran in a Spartan yesterday with my daugther ... burned massive calories ... hope it equates to a few pounds this week ...

Knocked out 560 calories on the treadmill tonight. It's amazing the calories you will burn at 22% incline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm....not feeling supremely confident in loss this week. Had a few really good steak dinners this weekend!

Back