The Official Tiger Woods Thread

This ^^^^^^ and maybe play the old/new course at Grand Cypress. Maybe he could hit a fairway or two there.[/QUOTE]

I know someone who can't (didn't) :alien:

This isn't a Foley conversation. Foley took Justin Rose to a level he never imagined. A level that Ledbetter and Brewer couldn't get out of him. Are they failures because they couldn't bring out his best? He didn't work for TW but he is an excellent instructor.

But I'll be honest, I think the failures we have seen are just as much to do with TW as they are with those around him. Can't through all this on Foley. TW left Fluff, Butch, haney, Williams, foley.....I'm sure we will add to the list.
I'm sorry if I didn't write it up in a clear way: I'm in no way implying Foley was the one to blame, or that Foley is a bad instructor. What I meant to say was that a lot of people still hold Foley responsible for what happened, even though TWs stubbornness/inability to change the mechanics are more likely to blame.

There's a bit of reputation on the line, and why risk it for someone he can't or doesn't want to change? Why not say "It's my way or the highway"? Because I doubt there's a lot to win with Woods' current mentality.

I used to say that I was sure Tiger would win at least one more major. Now, I doubt very much that he wins another tournament. I hope I'm wrong, but he's an awful mess.

From the mouth of babes (while watching a replay of the 2000 Open Championship): "Is Tiger Woods still alive?"

tiger-woods-bnr.jpg

Regardless of whatever happens in the future, it was an amazing run and never will you see another person have such an impact on a sport. He changed the game forever. Hopefully he still has a little gas left in the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watching the 2000 Open Championship last night and it was like surprising almost to see him dominating haha. He was so good, would be nice to see that form again

Tiger appears to be working very hard on his game, and given his past success I believe he has specific goals and knows how to achieve them. As such I think Tiger will continue to improve his game and be more competitive. He may even win one or more tournaments. I don't know if he can win another major, but will be very surprised if his name isn't on a major leaderboard on a Sunday, at least one more time. Timing is the big question. I don't think it will be this year. If he isn't competitive by next year, then I'll side with the doubters. For now I am optimistic for Tiger to at least get back into the mix with some strong play.

Tiger is old and beat up beyond his years. I still want to see some brief but insane comeback though at some point in the next 5 years.

#220 in the OGWR

Tiger appears to be working very hard on his game, and given his past success I believe he has specific goals and knows how to achieve them. As such I think Tiger will continue to improve his game and be more competitive. He may even win one or more tournaments. I don't know if he can win another major, but will be very surprised if his name isn't on a major leaderboard on a Sunday, at least one more time. Timing is the big question. I don't think it will be this year. If he isn't competitive by next year, then I'll side with the doubters. For now I am optimistic for Tiger to at least get back into the mix with some strong play.

I am very fascinated by how his fan's are still hanging in there.

Granted, I'm a fan of his, but if you followed a guy and supported him for over 15 years, what's the point in not supporting him now? I guess the belief comes from the fact that he returned to the top of his game after every swing change he's made in the past. The other side can also argue that he's not the same guy he was during the prior changes, and that's probably true.

He's playing at the Greenbrier this week, I don't have high hopes that his game will look much better than it did at Chambers Bay 2 weeks ago, but I hope that he's improving.

Why not? I am a big fan of Tiger's golf career -- sort of a good one -- and would love to see him find a little more gas in the engine. I tend to be an optimist; the hater path just doesn't seem healthy to me. Go Tiger.

Why not? I am a big fan of Tiger's golf career -- sort of a good one -- and would love to see him find a little more gas in the engine. I tend to be an optimist; the hater path just doesn't seem healthy to me. Go Tiger.

I'm a hater now?

Because I recognize he's not the same guy?

I'm a hater now?

Because I recognize he's not the same guy?
He never called you a hater. He said that path is not for him. Based on your original post to his comment you would thinks fans should not be any longer. Fans tend to stick k around through thick and thin. No one called you a hater.

He never called you a hater. He said that path is not for him. Based on your original post to his comment you would thinks fans should not be any longer. Fans tend to stick k around through thick and thin. No one called you a hater.

I think fans can hang around, but he seems to have a larger than normal section that thinks he's going to come "back."

He's finished as a serious contender and that's ok. Everyone has to pass the torch eventually.

I think fans can hang around, but he seems to have a larger than normal section that thinks he's going to come "back."

He's finished as a serious contender and that's ok. Everyone has to pass the torch eventually.

The problem is that the bold part of your comment can't be proven either way. Someone who was THAT good, there is always some small glimmer that it can be found again while he's still of an age that it's happened before. All he needs is one spark to have his tee game come back and be competitive again. Jack won his last major at 46, and a bunch of others have done so into their 40's as well. So to think he's without a doubt done is a bit much.

I'm not a Tiger fan, quite the opposite in fact, and I also IMO don't think he will win another major if even another tournament...but I don't fault anyone for thinking such a thing is possible. I mean the guy possesses some of the craziest amount of talent that maybe any golfer has ever had. If the stars align and it all clicks, he could do it again. Again, I'm not betting on it, but I also wouldn't be all that crazy shocked by it either.

I love this thread

Back