Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute dog. She doesn't shed right? Allergy free? What's the grooming like? Does her fur get matted and need to be brushed out often?
Yupp no shedding at all (I am super OCD about pet hair) and allergy free. She is specifically a F1B Goldendoodle, grooming is very easy if you keep the hair on the shorter side. We don't really ever brush her unless her hair gets super long, but she gets a hair cut before that happens anyway. Fun and energetic, very smart.

One thing I've learned with potty training is to positively reinforce when he does go outside. Don't punish when he goes inside. Have a handful of treats for when he goes potty outside and reward him with one when he does. As he starts to get older give less treats but more praise. Pet him really good and be verbal with positive feedback. Works like a charm. I've had my last 3 pups potty trained within about 2 weeks. And as far as the nipping I think that might just be puppy playing!
Great advice dude!

Yupp no shedding at all (I am super OCD about pet hair) and allergy free. She is specifically a F1B Goldendoodle, grooming is very easy if you keep the hair on the shorter side. We don't really ever brush her unless her hair gets super long, but she gets a hair cut before that happens anyway. Fun and energetic, very smart.

Awesome. Might be the way to go. She looks like she has quite the personality too.

Awesome. Might be the way to go. She looks like she has quite the personality too.
They are awesome dogs, feel free to check out the breeder I used River Valley Doodles (I don't get any type of compensation for any referrals). They do a bunch of different litters a year with multiple parents and Cherrie (the lady that runs it) is awesome to deal with.

One thing I've learned with potty training is to positively reinforce when he does go outside. Don't punish when he goes inside. Have a handful of treats for when he goes potty outside and reward him with one when he does. As he starts to get older give less treats but more praise. Pet him really good and be verbal with positive feedback. Works like a charm. I've had my last 3 pups potty trained within about 2 weeks. And as far as the nipping I think that might just be puppy playing!
Well , it is getting bad . I catch him mid steam ( seriously ) this peeing and pooping in the house is getting old. Constantly cleaning up. I did the praising , but than bring him in and not even 15 mins he does it in the house

im going to research this more at work. A great great pup , just the messes in the house are getting out of control

Here's my 10 month old "dood"-le sporting her fav. golf brand hat:
ElqnqTCl.jpg

You've got to send this pic to TM!

Well , it is getting bad . I catch him mid steam ( seriously ) this peeing and pooping in the house is getting old. Constantly cleaning up. I did the praising , but than bring him in and not even 15 mins he does it in the house

im going to research this more at work. A great great pup , just the messes in the house are getting out of control
Gotta be patient man, I know its frustrating but you brought the dog into your house so it comes with the territory. Please continue positive reinforcement, punishing the dog isn't going to help but cause issues down the road in other areas. Being a dog owner isn't always a walk in the park (no pun intended). If you love them, nothing will seem like too much in the end. Best of luck sir!

So sorry you had to do that.

Mine are no longer attacking each other, but there is hissing after a few minutes so we're taking it slow. It sucks, but it's a lot better than it was over the weekend.

Update to this.. I think we're all good. Last night when I got home from work I let them "free" in the house... there was a little hissing and a little growling, but it wasn't constant. They even played together a little bit. When I went to bed we decided not to lock them up.. no issues through the night, so left them alone while we went to work. I think they are officially over it.

Really glad to hear it buddy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a somber day today in the Trout household. Our little buddy Izzy was having kidney failure and we had to put him down, he had been acting pretty lethargic and a couple days ago stopped eating and was losing weight rapidly.

I came home from work one day 14 years ago and my wife had said she rescued a tiny kitten from certain death as he was ababdoned and dying from pneumonia and worms, we took him to the vet and it was touch and go for about two weeks, but he pulled through and gave us an enormous amount of joy, memories and happiness, his personality was as large as life itself. We hope our furry friend has crossed over to rainbow bridge and is playing with all the other furry family members that have passed.

Animals have always been a very big part of my life and I often feel closer to them than humans.

Rest easy little buddy, thank you for a lifetimes worth of memories.

Izzy

Sorry to hear that Marc, putting down a pet is never a good feeling :/

I am sorry Trout

Sorry Trouter....never an easy time.

Sorry to hear Marc, losing a long time friend like that sucks.

My wife saw a Coyote in the backyard this morning. Looks like Jackson's days of going outside off of his leash are over for now, at least in the morning and evenings. Sucks because he loves going out to run around and chase squirrels, but at 20 pounds I think he would make a great dinner for the Coyote.

Marc I am so incredibly sorry for your loss! Our thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear Marc, losing a long time friend like that sucks.

My wife saw a Coyote in the backyard this morning. Looks like Jackson's days of going outside off of his leash are over for now, at least in the morning and evenings. Sucks because he loves going out to run around and chase squirrels, but at 20 pounds I think he would make a great dinner for the Coyote.

WHAT??? This scares me SO much! I have been hearing more and more stories of coyotes in the Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee and Sarasota county areas. My mom saw one in Sarasota on her way home from work a few months ago. I am so paranoid about them.

Marc I am so incredibly sorry for your loss! Our thoughts are with you.

WHAT??? This scares me SO much! I have been hearing more and more stories of coyotes in the Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee and Sarasota county areas. My mom saw one in Sarasota on her way home from work a few months ago. I am so paranoid about them.

Yep, they are apparently a major problem here. I'm not surprised to find out they are here, but I hadn't actually ever seen any over here before.

Yep, they are apparently a major problem here. I'm not surprised to find out they are here, but I hadn't actually ever seen any over here before.

Can you definitely tell the different between them and a dog? I am also so afraid I will see one and think aww cute dog, then it eats my dog and I die.

I am not going to read that article, because it will make me even more paranoid than I already am. I am this close to needing anxiety pills for all the crap I worry about lately, I can't add that to it.

Hahaha I understand.....I don't think if you saw one you would think cute dog.....

That's good to know. Although, let's just hope I NEVER see one. I am suuuuper paranoid taking the dogs out at dusk or dawn because I was told that's when they come out.

That's what it says....most active during those times. Think of a small Shepard looking like it needs to be fed.

And yes I hope you never have to see one......

Think about a fox and wolf having a baby. Gray and brown coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back