Status
Not open for further replies.
He's bored and being a puppy

MM why don't you call a trainer? You always suggest that for people on here for swings, the same applies for dogs too.

MM why don't you call a trainer? You always suggest that for people on here for swings, the same applies for dogs too.

This is a great idea. We recently adopted a dog that is 2 1/2 years old and the only thing she has ever known how to do is be cute! She needed some manners and we started immediately with a friend who is a trainer. She came to the house and we worked for about an hour. It has made a world of difference already.

Training a dog is just like golf though MM...... You gotta work at it! :act-up:

JM

This is a great idea. We recently adopted a dog that is 2 1/2 years old and the only thing she has ever known how to do is be cute! She needed some manners and we started immediately with a friend who is a trainer. She came to the house and we worked for about an hour. It has made a world of difference already.

Training a dog is just like golf though MM...... You gotta work at it! :act-up:

JM
Yes sir, thank you!! I'm my opinion and I know many others, our dogs are family so they should come first. If there's any issues I can't solve I'll freakin bust my ass to make sure I do all I can to find someone who can help me. Its absolutely not fair to blame a dog especially in a new house for acting up, they don't know better........yet. MM you spend literally thousands on online golf lessons and joining 2 country clubs, your dogs happiness should come first. You'll be happy in the end as well.

I will add one more thing. Like Evok, our dogs are members of our family and we expect them to abide by the rules of the "pack". It's a beautiful and obviously a smart dog MM. Dogs like that need a job, a mission if you will. It helps them focus on something other than eating house plants etc. :act-up:. Start small and go from there buddy. Your dog will respond, I guarantee.

Good luck with it and remember, YOU are leader of the pack!

JM

I will add one more thing. Like Evok, our dogs are members of our family and we expect them to abide by the rules of the "pack". It's a beautiful and obviously a smart dog MM. Dogs like that need a job, a mission if you will. It helps them focus on something other than eating house plants etc. :act-up:. Start small and go from there buddy. Your dog will respond, I guarantee.

Good luck with it and remember, YOU are leader of the pack!

JM
Definitely! I want to say I'm not trying to pick on MM or pile on or anything like that. Ive just seen multiple posts that clearly show frustration so it's obviously time to make a change. Best of luck, please be patient Mystery Meat. You can do it.

Definitely! I want to say I'm not trying to pick on MM or pile on or anything like that. Ive just seen multiple posts that clearly show frustration so it's obviously time to make a change. Best of luck, please be patient Mystery Meat. You can do it.

FWIW, I didn't get that impression at all. Since we started fostering, we have been exposed to various levels of "trained" dogs. It has definitely been a learning experience.

MM can do it.

JM

Well , we are currently looking at one more border collie puppy . He is up in Grand Rapids , but he looks adorable . Thought 2 of these guys would have fun together and can give the poor house cat a break

Well , we are currently looking at one more border collie puppy . He is up in Grand Rapids , but he looks adorable . Thought 2 of these guys would have fun together and can give the poor house cat a break
You're frustrated and having problems with one dog so you're getting another?

I'm looking at getting a Kerry blue terrier. Anyone have any experience?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You're frustrated and having problems with one dog so you're getting another?
One of our friends who is a big border collie nut suggested getting him another buddy . Would keep both of them occupied on each other versus terrorizing the house

Someone got a nice little bath tonight for Christmas.

f61dcb8d808b346074bb489f79d7cee7.jpg

I'm looking at getting a Kerry blue terrier. Anyone have any experience?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow! Beautiful animal. Lots of brushing maybe :act-up:

JM

Someone got a nice little bath tonight for Christmas.

f61dcb8d808b346074bb489f79d7cee7.jpg

No Mane and Tail for Lexi? Figured she would get your shampoo?

No Mane and Tail for Lexi? Figured she would get your shampoo?
No mane and tail. But I allowed her to use the verticoli.

No mane and tail. But I allowed her to use the verticoli.

That's love right there. You can always buy more mane and tail, you can't replace a verticoli

Just went through the hardest thing I have ever done, putting Kahlua to sleep. She was the sweetest dog and I am going to miss her forever. Her health went downhill so quickly and really came out of nowhere.

Love your pets and play with them often.

Sorry to hear this. It's tough. Very cute pup.

Cooling off against the door. It's 31°C here today.

6d3a2bb44d1e34a70fe4ae9a4c596b36.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I know there is something for me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there is something for me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our girl has already grabbed a few presents from under the tree haha she doesn't open them but carries them around. She knows damn well they are for her lol crazy smart she is.

Snuggling this guy on Christmas Eve.

953284f658b2ec4610f4f5fecb1e4dca.jpg

It's Christmas Eve and I should be going to bed excited for what tomorrow means but instead I'm on the floor laying next to one of my dogs. Her breathing is slowing and she hasn't moved in hours. When I laid down her tail did a little flick so she knows I'm here. I don't expect her to make through the night.

I've known this day was coming but it's so much harder than I thought. I told her to let go and move on. I just want her to find peace. At only 4 years old, cancer shouldn't even be a thought but it is. The vile disease moved in so quick there was nothing we could do for her.

Count your blessings. Hug your families a little more. Play fetch, go on a walk or just cuddle up next to your favorite pet. Life is way too short to miss the opportunities.

It's Christmas Eve and I should be going to bed excited for what tomorrow means but instead I'm on the floor laying next to one of my dogs. Her breathing is slowing and she hasn't moved in hours. When I laid down her tail did a little flick so she knows I'm here. I don't expect her to make through the night.

I've known this day was coming but it's so much harder than I thought. I told her to let go and move on. I just want her to find peace. At only 4 years old, cancer shouldn't even be a thought but it is. The vile disease moved in so quick there was nothing we could do for her.

Count your blessings. Hug your families a little more. Play fetch, go on a walk or just cuddle up next to your favorite pet. Life is way too short to miss the opportunities.

So sorry for your loss, just be grateful for the 4 good years you gave her.

Sorry to hear. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back