The Photography Thread

Working with a new little gadget that will go around objects and shoot automatically. Turned this one into a GIF and it’s way faster than what was shot FL it for ease of posting.

This could be a lot of fun on new gear releases.

39b3e301b3e901193921a3809b052754.gif

Working with a new little gadget that will go around objects and shoot automatically. Turned this one into a GIF and it’s way faster than what was shot FL it for ease of posting.

This could be a lot of fun on new gear releases.

39b3e301b3e901193921a3809b052754.gif
Looks fun. You'll need to find a nodal point for whatever you're shooting to keep it centered all the way around. Shouldn't be too tough to figure out the math.

Posted on Tapatalk via my Motorola RAZR

*rushes to find Dramamine*

Looks fun. You'll need to find a nodal point for whatever you're shooting to keep it centered all the way around. Shouldn't be too tough to figure out the math.

Yup. In this test, it was dropping on a wood table and eyeballing it.
When I did a small (semicircle) last night, it was measured and perfect.
Going for 60 second round seems like the perfect time to keep it really informative for call outs to show tech and clean.

NYC 911 Memorial Museum

NYC 911 Memorial Museum

Last week trip to NYC with kids. Visited 911 Memorial Museum.
Brought tears to my eyes again. I think kids also felt something even though they fully did not understand why it happened. Just watching all the destructions gave them something to think about.

NYC2018-122.jpgNYC2018-123.jpg

Attachments

• NYC2018-109.jpg
    NYC2018-109.jpg
    720.3 KB · Views: 0
Landscapes mostly.

If you are planning to shoot landscapes. I suggest invest on sturdy tripod. Tripod can compensate lack of expensive fast lens. And of course filters. Cheap kit lens or cheap wide angle prime lens should work great. Not too wide to eliminate the distortions. Use timer release instead of shutter button to eliminate the vibrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple shots of our new granddaughter Esmay Rose. She's our first grandchild.
98ea5c27cd0980e72b7a51c11e4a83d7.jpg
2936f4a1736e08104e6d2564c75fa0e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great to find this thread here! I'm a photographer based in Boston, all fine art work. I do zero commercial work, have no interest in whatsoever.

Shoot all film... darkroom is my jam. I run a high school program and love working with the kids. It's such a privilege to show them something for the very first time.

Very cool. I'm still an avid film shooter myself.

My go to every day is an M6 but when I'm really getting serious I break out the 501cm or the RB67

What stocks and gear are you shooting?
Great to find this thread here! I'm a photographer based in Boston, all fine art work. I do zero commercial work, have no interest in whatsoever.

Shoot all film... darkroom is my jam. I run a high school program and love working with the kids. It's such a privilege to show them something for the very first time.

Very cool. I'm still an avid film shooter myself.

My go to every day is an M6 but when I'm really getting serious I break out the 501cm or the RB67

What stocks and gear are you shooting?

I've got an MP and 35 Cron for the small stuff, Pentax 67 for medium, and my primary format is 8x10. I have a Canham lightweight 8x10, killer rig. I use a suite of Graphic Kowa process lenses that are insanely sharp.

Mostly Trix400/320 and Ilford (for the 810, cost reasons)

I've got an MP and 35 Cron for the small stuff, Pentax 67 for medium, and my primary format is 8x10. I have a Canham lightweight 8x10, killer rig. I use a suite of Graphic Kowa process lenses that are insanely sharp.

Mostly Trix400/320 and Ilford (for the 810, cost reasons)

I used to shoot TriX exclusively as it matched up very nicely with Kodak 5222 motion picture film. I still shoot it, but for B&W I have always liked HP5 and FP4 (I think I have a roll of FP4 in my Leica right now.)

I love reversal as well, and can't get enough of Provia 100F

I used to shoot TriX exclusively as it matched up very nicely with Kodak 5222 motion picture film. I still shoot it, but for B&W I have always liked HP5 and FP4 (I think I have a roll of FP4 in my Leica right now.)

I love reversal as well, and can't get enough of Provia 100F

if you're shooting product or any form of paid commercial work film is a complete waste of time... at this point, its a tool for fine art only. The effort and money involved isn't worth it.

I agree completely. I work in motion pictures. Photography is just a passion.
if you're shooting product or any form of paid commercial work film is a complete waste of time... at this point, its a tool for fine art only. The effort and money involved isn't worth it.

Found this thread so figured I’d post a couple of my photos. I’m pretty sure these were taken with my Canon 6D using various lenses.

eec306dea1124010571eb173d2944e6f.jpg

Washington D.C. during the cherry blossom bloom

8d0d458ef6d6fe15c2827a947e689ff7.jpg

My golfing partner

a065c566a01db5cbc8ec43b71a4ed980.jpg

Senior pic attempt

Can anyone suggest a good mobile app for photography?

Yes sir. Should have wrote that

Photoshop Express is a good one. Free for basic stuff too.

Photoshop Express is a good one. Free for basic stuff too.

Thanks JB. Will check it out. Pixma isn’t quite doing it

Any of you take some/all of your camera gear onto the course while you play? I'm thinking of bringing my DSLR to get some shots on the course. I love the clouds at this time of year and framing of the green at some of the courses I play. I'd only take shots if I'm not slowing down pace (I play with a group that usually lags a bit). Wondering what lens would work. Thinking a 17-55 on my D7500 (crop) but wonder if a tighter shots would be better.

My experience is that a longer lens from a distance works best for the type of shots you're referring to. I tend to shoot at nothing shorter than 150mm but prefer 200-400mm
Any of you take some/all of your camera gear onto the course while you play? I'm thinking of bringing my DSLR to get some shots on the course. I love the clouds at this time of year and framing of the green at some of the courses I play. I'd only take shots if I'm not slowing down pace (I play with a group that usually lags a bit). Wondering what lens would work. Thinking a 17-55 on my D7500 (crop) but wonder if a tighter shots would be better.

Making the move to soft boxes for lighting this week, been a long time coming but I actually have the table space now to create a nice backdrop and shoot tabletop instead of in my box with speed lights.

Also considering finally upgrading cameras. But the Q is still to stay Nikon or not.

Not sure what you're using now, but we just went to the Sony A7ii, mirrorless, and really like it so far. We're still going through pics from our last trip (the first one we took this on), so I'll see if I can find one or two to post.

Back