The Publix Sub Thread

I have been really into the multigrain bread lately. It’s so good. But boy oh boy does it do a number on the roof of my mouth. Like chewing glass.
You can get the same effect by putting Cap'n Crunch on top of any other bread.

FB_IMG_1625458278937.jpg

Ultimate on 7-grain Italian bread, toasted, with mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle, black olive, salt and pepper.

When I lived in Florida the only thing I went to Publix for was a hoagie. My favorite the Roast Beef, swiss, lettuce, pickles, onions, mayo, oregano, and pepper. Italian was good as well. Their roast beef was rare so that was a big plus. That, and they had really good hoagie rolls. That to me is the difference maker.

When I lived in Florida the only thing I went to Publix for was a hoagie. My favorite the Roast Beef, swiss, lettuce, pickles, onions, mayo, oregano, and pepper. Italian was good as well. Their roast beef was rare so that was a big plus. That, and they had really good hoagie rolls. That to me is the difference maker.
They offer a London Broil roast beef that is really good!

They offer a London Broil roast beef that is really good!

If its the Boars Head one I've had that. One of the local discount grocery stores here was getting it in for a bout 6 weeks. Think I was paying 3.99/lb instead of 12.99/lb for it normally went for.

I will be back in Tampa in a month. I will be stopping in at Publix for a sub.

Just ate a Gator sub.
Chicken Tender chopped, with bleu cheese crumbles and buffalo sauce. Fantastic.

Just ate a Gator sub.
I never had a Publix sub until you started this thread.
Now I’m fighting the urge to go there a few times a week, lol.
Apparently I’m one of the few who didn’t know how good they are. I told my sister down in Florida how much I liked them, and she was shocked I never had one before. She said they are the go to move for her and her friends when they are going to the beach.

Just ate a Gator sub.
Haha I’m in line for a pub sub now and checking THP while I wait. Going to go turkey today.

Haha I’m in line for a pub sub now and checking THP while I wait. Going to go turkey today.
Turkey? Cmon man. At least go Jerk style

Fine but if I don’t like it, prepare to hear about it Monday 😂

Not to get off topic here, but their bakery department is good also.
The pecan danish ring and cheese horns are delicious.

Oh my, the person in front of me went with the turkey dinner sub that has turkey and cheese and cranberry jelly. BUT HE WENT WITH CHIPOTLE MAYO 🤯

Oh my, the person in front of me went with the turkey dinner sub that has turkey and cheese and cranberry jelly. BUT HE WENT WITH CHIPOTLE MAYO 🤯
That person should not be allowed in the store anymore

That person should not be allowed in the store anymore
The Jimmy buffet shirt was a dead giveaway.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Me: …and a few onions.

Pub Sub Maker:

Jerk turkey was really good. This was the correct choice. I should not have doubted you.

I think you may be on to something here: “sub fittings”.

Jerk turkey was really good. This was the correct choice. I should not have doubted you.

I think you may be on to something here: “sub fittings”.
I feel like you just made me complete

@JB i have been craving a jerk terk sub (that’s what I call it now) since I had one last week, so I came to get one tonight for dinner.

The 70+ year old deli lady just cut the dread without the medieval chain mail glove on, and TBH I am shook. It was such a hard flex I think I should be making her a sub😳

@JB i have been craving a jerk terk sub (that’s what I call it now) since I had one last week, so I came to get one tonight for dinner.

The 70+ year old deli lady just cut the dread without the medieval chain mail glove on, and TBH I am shook. It was such a hard flex I think I should be making her a sub😳
Yeah that is next level

Now im hungry for a Publix sub!!!

Back