The Publix Sub Thread

I thought our Harris Teeter subs were good (they are). But "good" was redefined once a Publix opened up in the same area here last year.

Tremendous sandwiches and I've only ordered the similar simple sub that I always get from HT.

Chicken cutlet with provolone and chipotle sauce on Italian bread. Fantastic.
That’s a good store too. Just like Wegmans, which might be the best there is. Just when it comes to subs, Publix is king.

This is making me hungry.

Have never tried publix subs.
Not a sub, but
Anyone try their reuben?
I might have to try that for dinner.

Had publix subs.. couldn't wait to get back home and get a wawa

I don't get the chicken finger sub, so my answer would be, yes :ROFLMAO:

you should try it if you haven’t.

I also enjoy the Italian and Cajun Turkey and Shrimp

H
Omg I question your sanity
Those Publix subs look pretty good... How do these compare with a Jersey Mikes sub?
Having lived most of my life in the Long Island NY area, I never ordered a hero from a chain or supermarket, we always got them at a deli. Since I moved south I’ve tried Jersey Mikes maybe 3x and Subway twice. They’re pretty meh. To me it’s all about the bread, and they’re lacking in that area.
Honestly though, I’d rather just buy the meats and cheese and make mine at home.

Last edited:
H

Those Publix subs look pretty good... How do these compare with a Jersey Mikes sub?
Having lived most of my life in the Long Island NY area, I never ordered a hero from a chain or supermarket, we always got them at a deli. Since I moved south I’ve tried Jersey Mikes maybe 3x and Subway twice. They’re pretty meh. To me it’s all about the bread, and they’re lacking in that area.
Honestly though, I’d rather just buy the meats and cheese and make mine at home.
Jersey Mikes is trash.

Had publix subs.. couldn't wait to get back home and get a wawa

trying to resist the "ignore" button. or considering reporting this to the mods. i'm deeply offended by this. :ROFLMAO:

trying to resist the "ignore" button. or considering reporting this to the mods. i'm deeply offended by this. :ROFLMAO:

But it might be awkward if (hopefully when) i end up on the GD team and you gotta unblock me for coaching haha

But perhaps my wawa love has significant sentimental value since its linked to awesome jersey shore living.. getting a sub before hitting the beach, on the way back from boozing, boat rides, late night booty calls, motorcycle ride pit stops, paintball adventures etc... it just hits different, right in the feels

Publix was just a couple times for a quick bite on a vacation.. just wasn't the same

I'll go into it with comparison mindset next time, how bout that

Last edited:
28B64958-60C0-41ED-9613-913989AEFA3F.jpeg

Chicken tender sub
It’s good to be young and have the metabolism for a 2100 calorie sub.
Enjoy.... I’m old and jealous.

It’s good to be young and have the metabolism for a 2100 calorie sub.
Enjoy.... I’m old and jealous.

I ate a half and I am certainly not young by most standards :ROFLMAO:
Its cheat day for me and the half a sub with a protein shake for dessert was perfect.

Had my 1st Publix Sub ever on Wed in FT. Meyers. I was pretty impressed for sure.

Don’t @ me, but I think if you could take Subway’s sub roll and use that for a Publix sub, you would then have the perfect sub. I love a Pub sub, but I don’t always love the sub roll.

you deserve to be @‘d for that

This thread keeps popping up and making me hungry. We really NEED to try a Publix sub @Davidhibler.

Back